Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.057 – Bugfixing #4

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by George.Mamakos, Nov 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. mhalpern Senior Engineer

Well you could already do that with connectors and landing gears, this feature is somewhat more function oriented in terms of player made systems, the simplest application I can think of is a means of docking a large ship to a station that's stronger than connectors (hopefully), not as huge as landing gears, and wont require converting it to a ship when you are done

2. Gwindalmir Senior Engineer

Don't forget...
    It also doesn't have the potentially deadly magnetic draw that connectors have.

3. mhalpern Senior Engineer

which would make them great as a middle-man part for docking with connectors

4. ZeRen Apprentice Engineer

very nice, and now let us connect large merge block to small merge block:)

5. KingdomBragg Junior Engineer

Very nice, good to see more tools for the modders :)

6. vangrunz Apprentice Engineer

What ports, TCP/UDP, should be added? Can I have a complete list of used ports?

7. andbruu Trainee Engineer

Very nice. Using the torpedo hull mod quite a bit, and connectors are great as hard-points for this. Now I can use the torpedoes on large ships. Also, if used to double as landing gear, its an easy way to rotate fighters back out the entrance of the carrier. So many things to do... Best of all, they added "attach" to g-menu hot-key.... was missing on last "secret" implementation.

8. es_Archer Banned

Small ships physics that you broke...AGAIN...2 weeks ago...how about fixing that too....just saying! If you can of course...

9. OmEgA_StOrM Apprentice Engineer

I nice update as everytime :)
    But I see now in youtube that there are constantly new trailers from other games with the same games style comming for example Empyrean: Galactic Survivel. I think what i saw in the trailer the game is from the quality not even close to SE but what it has and I am miss in this game is planets and generally bigger world.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2014
  10. Raelsmar Trainee Engineer

Unfortunately, I'm having problems with small ship rotors exploding again. It appears mostly isolated to the advanced rotor, but also affects normal rotors occasionally. This was not happening in the last update. The video below shows the problem in action.

11. gi_ty Apprentice Engineer

Another excellent update! Well done KSH and thank you.

12. TechyBen Junior Engineer

It's awesome. I posted a tweet to the devs about using connector blocks to improve the rotors stability, but this is better!

13. Wolf Apprentice Engineer

steam wont download the latest patch.

14. Morilibus Apprentice Engineer

Love the detach/attach feature. Now I want the ability to just place rotor heads. Would make it so much simpler if we could just place the rotor head on a block. Essentially the inverted placement of a rotor. Possible now with merge block shenanigans, but that would expand what you could do. Could have two rotor heads placed directly on a small ship Large conveyor block, or Large Cargo Container for instance. Something not possible to do with merge blocks.
    [Edit] Never mind. It is already possible. Thank you Knsgf for letting me know how. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2014
  15. mhalpern Senior Engineer

You can they showed that in the video

16. Morilibus Apprentice Engineer

Oh yeah, must of not payed attention to how they did it. Thanks, will take another look.
    [Edit]Did they show how? Or did they paste them on using creative? Wondering if possible in survival.

17. Knsgf Junior Engineer

Search for "Rotor Part" in G-menu.

18. Tiberius Trainee Engineer

Good update, but now everyone knows about the rotor, My giant superweapon just became upsalite. ^^

19. Morilibus Apprentice Engineer

Awesome, thank you. Wasn't aware of that.

20. Cydramech Junior Engineer

For those still with the issue of having the inability to download the patch, make sure you fully restart Steam (exit out, and go to Task Manager and look under processes for Steam.exe and end process if it's still there). If that doesn't work, try 'Play Game' like normal, and if that doesn't work, restart your computer.

21. raystmr Trainee Engineer

Great job on another week of fixes. Only problem I have no pointer when logging into the game now. Hopefully this reboot fixes that issue. Maybe the 2nd time will be the charm.

22. Hyomoto Apprentice Engineer

This is now my favorite phonetic word.

23. RicardoLuis0 Trainee Engineer

you should add a search option in the mod selection page

24. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

Obsolete! That one had me for a second.

To the team at KEEN - once again you demonstrate your finger is on the pulse of your game and its community. Thanks for listening to us (even though I had no horse in the rotor part race) and being so damn effective.

25. Kobura Trainee Engineer

Thank you!!

26. Kiithnaras Trainee Engineer

My dreaded lighting glitches have returned. Spotlights have both their sphere and cone lighting models affixed to a world axis again, but this time only when stationary. If it is moving at all, the lighting models snap back into their proper places, but as soon as the spotlights stop moving, they revert to the world-axis orientation.

27. Cyber Cheese Apprentice Engineer

:love:

28. Isaac Maxwell Trainee Engineer

the features in the bugfixing updates have been amongst the best features so far! :p

29. Nick_ST Trainee Engineer

Very nice update! Finally the rotors are "fixed" ;). This will motivate me to continue with my builds!

30. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

And my Spotlight Monster Galaxy is corrupted -.-

Sooooooooo... not that i mind, i'm ecstatic, actually (well i will be should Keen find a way to decorrupt her), about all the optimization going on these days... but didn't Keen explicitely tell us that NO optimization was going to happen during this Bug Crunch? Is this a (very welcome!) change of heart, bug fixes that happened to increase performance and got relabeled? At this point i'm wondering... how DOES Keen define the term "optimization"?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2014
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.