Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.075 - Airtight hangar door, New turret targeting options

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by George.Mamakos, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Xanatos Trainee Engineer

Once again, Keen, you've made my Thursday!

My carriers and station are no longer useless oxygen-less voids.
    Looking forward to experimenting with making docking clamps out of these :D

2. MiChAeLoKGB Junior Engineer

I tested it, opening is 4 blocks wide (2 for each side), which is too small: http://forums.keenswh.com/post/show_single_post?pid=1286671547&postcount=29

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2015
  3. ltdan83 Apprentice Engineer

But your Avatar wouldn't be able to smoke without oxygen.

4. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

"too small" is a relative term. you could make a 4x10 opening.. I don't think I've made any small ships that can't fit thru that.

5. MiChAeLoKGB Junior Engineer

AutoMcD: Nope you can't. You can not place doors on doors like its with pistons. Maximum width of those doors is 4 blocks, thats all. No less, no more. 4 blocks + 2 block taken by doors. Thats why I would like them to do a larger version of that in future with option to set their maximum length :)

And yes, I get what you mean, just rotate the doors other side. That would work. But you now need 24 door blocks instead of 8 (or 16 if you are ok with 2 blocks in middle). Well.

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/713032991137346580/0AB86675EC3EABDD422DC4AB967B60B2C5C964A9/

6. Eternal Visitor Trainee Engineer

the door was the PERFECT size for the hanger on my latest small carrier, fit right into the hanger opening with no fuss at all, and a 4 large block opening (about 20 small blocks) is fine for small, single purpose shuttles, at least, it fits pretty much everything I build.

7. =TOS=Xander Trainee Engineer

Next updates: hydroponic greenhouses, vegetables and fruits, soil-covered block, trees and grass, pets and cattle :rof:

8. Tony Hughes Junior Engineer

Maybe the extension length can be modded.

9. rottielover Apprentice Engineer

Maybe I'm not following but shouldn't larger air-tight hanger doors be for the modding community? Same way in that I wanted bigger longer range laser antenna's (and darth biomech came thru big time!) ???

10. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

a 4x10 opening would be 20 doors. A row at the top and a row at the bottom.

11. MiChAeLoKGB Junior Engineer

Well, my doors have 12 blocks in width, but with pistons, 4 blocks are taken by balst doors even when fully opened. I posted screens of them in my post I linked to you.

I think Ill use this: http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/713032991137346580/0AB86675EC3EABDD422DC4AB967B60B2C5C964A9/

Well, after our admin finally decides to restart the server.

12. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

I'm willing to bet that as you read this the modified larger blast doors are in full production ;)

13. ObjectZero Apprentice Engineer

Well time to upgrade my ship again.

14. Lrj52 Apprentice Engineer

I'm gunna take a guess and say that the spinning light made out of small ship blocks is a.... hint ;)

15. etteerr Trainee Engineer

Love the update ^^

But yea, about the air tightness....

A bit too air tight....

16. Wanderduene Apprentice Engineer

I love this :)

17. Z0ckerchrisLP Trainee Engineer

That makes hangars so much easier to pressurize! Thank you!

18. NerdimusPrime Trainee Engineer

Has anyone noticed if the sim speed drop caused by turrets has improved at all with this patch? I can't check myself until later.

19. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Kind of awesome. This saves all kinds of grief with using pistons and rotors that don't show up when projecting blueprints.

20. H3draut3r Trainee Engineer

sound-bug fixed? looks like not.... anyone mod this "door" for a 1x1x4 ? :D my hangar-gate is 6x9 ( WxH ) and this airtights one would decrease it to 4x6 <.<

21. Hiramas Apprentice Engineer

So my verdict: Nice addition, the hangar doors look great.
    BUT:

They are too short, should be at least one block longer. And I don't know how difficult it will be to mod them, since their animation is kind of based on the block.

Also: I would rather have liked to see airtight blast doors. I can imagine a reasoning behind the blocks, they are actually MP viable moving things, but I fear that these blocks are an excuse for the non viable piston doors in Multiplayer and (to a lesser degree) moving ships.

Tl;dr: I like them, they should be larger.

22. raptorwalker Trainee Engineer

You love us! You really love us!!!

23. MrDoctorDIV Apprentice Engineer

I agree that larger versions should be left to the modding community. I also agree that it's quite quite likely one, if not some, are already in production.
    KeenSH has a thing for not making large things. I agree with this too. Until DirectX comes out, I [as a hypothetical developer] would not want to promote big, resource heavy builds and situations.

24. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Perhaps in an update they'll allow hangar doors to stack like pistons? So if you want larger doors for larger ships you just connect two (or more) hangar doors end to end to get to the relative size that you desire?

Does anyone know if the height can be interrupted by another block? So if I want doors that are one block shorter, I can just place a block in its path?

To solve the blast door problem, just have two sets of doors: an external blast door for protection and an internal hangar door for an airtight seal.

25. Bullet_Force Apprentice Engineer

The door thing would be great if they maybe added a middle section so you could link multiple doors together like with pistons.

26. thesuker Trainee Engineer

I don't want to sound very nooby (which I am) but... is there any practical point to pressurizing rooms? (Besides being able to take off your helmet in them)

27. MiChAeLoKGB Junior Engineer

Thy shis, I ended up using it like that, as othervise I had to use two sets of doors, which basically made an pilla in middle :(

[​IMG]

They will never do that. Pistons are unstable just because of that. Maybe theyll add 2 blocks big version and option to set how far they should extend. That should suit everybodys need.

And nope, you can't interrupt them with other block, as it wont let you build on place where they extend.

28. Malware Master Engineer

I'd say the whole point of these is that they are not like the pistons, that is, they are fully a part of the grid they are placed on, like the interior doors. What you are asking for is probably not possible without changing them to be like the pistons with all the finicky bits that entails.

29. SanctusLetum Trainee Engineer

DAT door ♡_♡

30. Safrguns Trainee Engineer

This has NOT been fixed.

At first on my server when I re-enabled weapons, everything seemed ok...
    but as soon as I brought something out for my turrets to shoot at, the game pretty much shut down.

My dedicated server runs a solid 1.0 on sim speed with weapons disabled.

With weapons enabled, it varies constantly between .03 and .67

So I guess this is update #3 since they rendered turrets useless that this has not been addressed.

Maybe when they fix it, we can start beta testing this game again.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.