Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.081 - Upgrade modules, Antenna visibility adjustment

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Me 10 Jin Apprentice Engineer

^ THIS. Is there some reason why the effectiveness module can't give assemblers a 25% discount on ingots?

2. Amy Apprentice Engineer

Also, xp forces SE to 32 bit mode, and all sorts of fun bugs in there.
    Windows 7 is far better for gaming than XP.
    XP is also a security risk for the average user who cant go in manually and sort things out.

I loved XP in its day, saved me from ME, eeeer the nightmares , win 3.11 LOL anyway W10 is lol yep probably wouldn't waste my time on that one. And W9, yep don't ask me !

Why isn't windows 256bit yet? !!!!! Or 128 bit at the very least ! And our CPU's should be also ! Obviously.

ME can still operate and do most things to, but support, and viruses, in microsofts own words, ''good luck with that''.....

3. szalkerous Trainee Engineer

We're all assuming it didn't until we can test otherwise.

4. szalkerous Trainee Engineer

Because being able to address 64-bits of memory is so far beyond the current needs of any consumer operating system or software.

Do you see a need for a number higher than 9223372036854775807? For the record, that would be over 9 million terabytes of data.

Gonna add in some history here, a 32-bit unsigned integer is 4,294,967,295, or in terms of memory ~ 4GB. That's why we hit that ceiling.

Last edited: May 7, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  5. WardenWolf Junior Engineer

Keen's song: "99 tiny bugs in the code. 99 tiny bugs! Take one down, patch it around, 134 bugs in the code!"

• Like Like x 4
  6. Thedevistator Senior Engineer

How do you know if the bugs have been fixed (well the piston and rotor problem is nearly impossible). What about the rest have you tried or are just basing it off the change log? I did notice the engineer still flails his arms in jetpack mode, but I have not tested medbay but I think it was fixed.

7. Lupus Irae Apprentice Engineer

Speaking from experience working with my own code that has bugs, and with code from others that has bugs, sometimes things take time. Aside the fact that there is usually a "hotfix" within a day or two to fix the worst issues, if something has not been fixed yet, it is likely because it is not an easy fix. Telling someone to work faster on a bug, that may be deep within the code, or difficult to find, diagnose, fix, much less "bugs" that people report without detailed information is not helpful.

I will be interested to see how to work in the modular blocks to my current systems.

8. Thedevistator Senior Engineer

If you're just here to troll why do you bother. Enough with the troll, get out, no one wants to here it complaining over and over again does nothing and is annoying.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Scorpion00021 Senior Engineer

Hoping for a forum ignore feature in the near future :)

• Like Like x 3
  10. KissSh0t Master Engineer

You can ignore users if that is what you mean?

Just go to their profile page, on the right there.

11. scy Trainee Engineer

---

Wow, another update I would have never expected. Just like the cryo tanks, really awesome =)

12. sepen Trainee Engineer

13. Uzul Apprentice Engineer

The way efficiency works should me more like in eve
    Basic efficiency: 100kg resource produce 80kg product + 20kg waste
    L1: 85 / 15 kg
    L2: 90 / 10 kg
    L3: 95 / 5 kg
    L4: 100 / 0 kg
    With L4 being 4 efficience modules fully connected or 8 modules half connected.

--------------------------------------------------

Apart from that, the idea is awesome, and will (hopefully) be extended to reactors, thrusters (at least large ones) and such

Just Imagine a large thruster with update-connectors and STACKABLE overdrive modules, that allow you to increase its power additively at the cost of increasing the length of the thruster more and more. The volume- and cost- efficiency of the module could be way lower then the original thrusters, but they allow big ships to have powerfull engines without having all their surfaces filled with thrusters. The same obviously also works with a power-efficiency module (or an afterburner-module, that consumes OXYGEN to boost a lot ???)

• Like Like x 3
  14. galacticon Apprentice Engineer

They've give us screenies before, many times, I see no reason why not with such an exciting upcoming feature. :) If we're to help them along with development since its early access, progress updates (like the ones Subnautica gives) would help get us involved.

15. Harrekin Master Engineer

I haven't actually seen a developer confirm its a bug, people just sort of assumed it was.

The mining lag was definately confirmed but Im not so sure about the "harder asteroids".

16. Dreokor Senior Engineer

There is already an ignore feature.

Click on his profile > to the right of the screen there's 3 buttons Follow, Ignore and Report > click ignore and done.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Todd Trainee Engineer

Still no word from devs..?

18. JayCo2013 Apprentice Engineer

Will be testing later today, Looks cool though, but so did the last weeks one and although the Cryo has now become a fixed component of any large ship or station I build I wish we had the old astronaught back, he didn't kill me half as much for no apparent reason, although I do recall a nasty time when Medbays were spawning death traps.

19. bronto1111 Trainee Engineer

This is a better link and it looks like they are on it....

http://forum.keenswh.com/threads/1-...come-near-impossible.7358984/#post-1286761494

20. aerosabe Apprentice Engineer

HA nice mod. Love the new modules and antenna options.

21. Manticore Apprentice Engineer

Awesome; I always thought this game could have used more venison........

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  22. MiChAeLoKGB Junior Engineer

XP is not even supported by Microsoft anymore and you expect them to support it? Get a real PC with real OS.

Have you ever tried connecting your ship to the base and set oxygen tank on your ship to stockpile? If not, try it.
    If that does not work, then again, set tank to stockpile, set one vent in room to pressurize and another to deppresurize. It would take oxygen from base and store it in tank on ship.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  23. hellokeith Apprentice Engineer

bugs logged long ago
    but keen never fixes them
    multiplayer dead

• Like Like x 3
  24. SenorZorros Master Engineer

hell yeah deer engineers ;)

25. Braxbro Junior Engineer

There should be a upgrade hub that acts as a conveyor block for upgrades... But the upgrades would apply to the nearest object, and would apply to a selected target if they had 2 of equal distance.

26. Herr Doktor Trainee Engineer

Beautiful Haiku.

27. ghosttr Trainee Engineer

Only use for >64 bit right now is crypto and maybe some edge case scientific purposes that need to deal with very large numbers with high precision

28. Thedevistator Senior Engineer

I think you're blaming the wrong people for testing. Keep in mind it's keen's closed testing group that tests this. Now I don't know if they have or have not found these bugs or the bug occurred during upload or something.

29. Braxbro Junior Engineer

I think SOME really expensive gaming comps are 128 bit.

30. Harrekin Master Engineer

XP is probably Microsofts best operating system in the last 15 years...

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.