Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.085 - Improved Ship Navigation, Docking

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Jun 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

I would be more interested in a bug fix for DX11 than more block groups tbh...That bug where my corpse renders so huge it blocks the entrance to my respawn ship along with my entire screen is pretty annoying, especially since they fixed that one in DX9.

2. Divercity Trainee Engineer

BL2 is pretty fun for singleplayer, it's better if you can get some people to play with honestly.

I only have 154 hours or so in it.. :101:

3. Dr. Krunch Apprentice Engineer

I've only ever heard someone say "If ____ I'll eat my hat" but I think I get your meaning.

4. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

... 'k, that one I haven't seen, actually, but it sounds both frustrating and entertaining. We have Space Giants now?

5. TheFlawlessGem Apprentice Engineer

Well, ARK won on the first one to finish, so I guess I'll play that until the update comes!

6. Darkthought Apprentice Engineer

"Eat a Hat" i've heard, but not "Eat a Broom." I don't even know where to begin to find the cultural influences / history that would make that a saying.

That being said, I like it. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tzaar Trainee Engineer

Redesigning your ships could be fun, unless you have a lot of them, then it's really fun :D
    I believe my Irish heritage tells me to.. "Just look at it."

8. GreenStepper Trainee Engineer

Waiting years for it >.<

9. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

It's mesh-render fail, the corpse mesh turns flat in part, and stretches out all the way across the screen - all you can see is big grey lines going diagonally...they fixed this for DX9 at the same time as the "Warpped Arms" Mesh Bug, presumably because the same technology was at fault.

10. Masked Death Apprentice Engineer

Alright, I'll turn off Chrome so I can get ME running (only 4GB RAM :<). Gotta rely on steam info about updates. F5 squad out.

11. Dr. Krunch Apprentice Engineer

Presumably hats are more important than brooms to Germans.

also it's a bit ironic that one "only" has ~16,000 books' worth of space in RAM... but yeah it is a struggle not having enough RAM.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  12. BrainWeasel Trainee Engineer

Come on, we've got the source code! We can make our own Space Engineers! With blackjack! And hookers!

• Like Like x 2
  13. HunterX Apprentice Engineer

Steam Sale Ate the Update, and it is wrestling for control of the internet from the Kittens!o_O:p

14. ThatGuy Trainee Engineer

We got some tasty brooms in Germany :)

• Like Like x 3
  15. Slenderman235 Trainee Engineer

I looked it up the meaning is that if you are so sure you would bet that if you are wrong you would do some disgusting things like eating dirt and to top that you just eat the whole broom with the dirt on it

16. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

"Eat my Broom" is similiar spelling to the German for "Eat my Hat" - it's common for translators to mix them up. I don't know a lot of German but I remember that one. if I recall correctly the actual translation is something like "Eat my Broomstick" but I guess the stick gets lost in the translation too. And Personally? I think the eating dirt being more disgusting than eating a hat would be a local thing. Hats taste like fabric, and I get enough cellulose from my "real" food.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  17. GreenStepper Trainee Engineer

lolz im german. never heared from that :woot:

18. McSkullBandit Trainee Engineer

I have to admit i went back from dx11 because of the shadow thing. I lit up my platform and on one side it is nice and bright but turn in the direction of the sun? (keep in mind i am inside an asteroid) and pitch black. Since I am inside of the asteroid the position of the sun should have no bearing on the intensity of the shadows. Correct?

19. Dr. Krunch Apprentice Engineer

You learn something every day. Maybe some translator made a bet but he didn't want to eat a broom so he just made a little change.

20. Sirhan Blixt Apprentice Engineer

SO ANXIOUS

21. SEModder4 Junior Engineer

WHO exactly are we waiting for?

Is it Keen or is this because Steam has horrible server managers and it is causing the update to be delayed?

22. Demonyo Trainee Engineer

Still one and a half hour left my friend ... Arrrghhh .. the waiting....

23. Fürst des Wahnsinns Trainee Engineer

It's broomstick. at least in switzerland :)

24. entspeak Senior Engineer

Ark is a blast... just don't expect good performance. It's got no optimization and brings high end gaming rigs to a crawl in sections of the island.

But, as a survival game, it's pretty awesome.

25. Rogue Trainee Engineer

Have not had to wait this long for an update in a while.

I got fed up with it a while back and when I saw a good deal just upped my RAM to 32GB. Sad part though, Windows and Chrome still manage to fill it. Idling at 8GB used at the moment.

26. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  27. Dawnkeeper Apprentice Engineer

The broom delivery service.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Sir Sulo Apprentice Engineer

Why not both?

29. Tzaar Trainee Engineer

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

30. Ninja_Dog81 Trainee Engineer

It's worth it! :)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.