Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.101 - Landing gear fix, Performance improvements, Small ship turrets

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by George.Mamakos, Sep 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. BlackUmbrellas Senior Engineer

Do we have confirmation that small-ship turrets are of equal firepower to large ones?

2. fourthquantum Senior Engineer

There needs to be some balancing going on between small ships, large ships and stations.

The way I see it (in terms of combat) at the moment and it is only my way of seeing it:

Stations < Large ships < Small ships

I think there needs to be something unique between them, my suggestions which would need tweaking/debating

Stations have increased weapon range and firepower (perhaps they have a bonus to production/storage as well) over other grid types.

Large Ships have increased weapon range and firepower over small ships but not over stations.

Small ships have maneuverability to compensate for their lack of weapons range and firepower over the other grid types.

To explain those changes? Perhaps they could introduce an AI block to the large grid that boosts station defences because it doesn't have to process movement changes if the grid turns into a large ship.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Robertak Trainee Engineer

OMFG Keen!! This looks so amazing!!! Can't wait to test it..!! THANK YOU :)

4. Greg Trainee Engineer

Awesome! That's some Mad Max shit there in the teaser :woot:

5. aaron1986oz Trainee Engineer

i would love to now see an update to the space engineers dedicated server setting to allow you to queue a server restart and update so when my friend is away for the weekend the server can update itself instead of us not being able to log in for a week

6. Tony Hughes Junior Engineer

Has every one of the exploration ships labelled IMDC in the workshop link been added? Any missing?

Haven't been able to check release and won't be able to until this evening.

That's a lot of new ships, if so. Good news.

Great to hear about the landing gear fix. Not so great to hear about the glass ship problems returning, but hoping the hot-fix will sort it out.

7. Muyu Trainee Engineer

Game is just crashing on start up. Exceptions occurring.

2015-09-25 01:52:22.930 - Thread: 1 -> Exception occured: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2015-09-25 01:52:22.392 - Thread: 11 -> Exception occured: VRageRender.MyRenderException: Failed to compile shaderps_[blur_planet.hlsl][blur_h]

8. BlackUmbrellas Senior Engineer

I want to know if they've been added as the usual "very rarely spawn in, powered down" Exploration ships or as another faction like pirates.

Remember: the reason they wanted themed groups was so that different regions could be populated by different factions, which is EXACTLY what they've started doing with the pirates...

• Like Like x 2
  9. gornyakmaniac Apprentice Engineer

This update completely broke SE Server Extender, and at now I have no automated restarts, no block enforcement, no automated cleaning, no nothing!
    I hope, today hotfix will return SESE to life, gamers want multiplayer.

10. cedi Apprentice Engineer

It's not the game developers job to make sure a third party program works with their game...

11. gornyakmaniac Apprentice Engineer

They made this program because vanilla dedicated server is unplayable and functional not enough for 24/7 servers

• Like Like x 1
  12. BlackUmbrellas Senior Engineer

And Keen are working to make vanilla servers/multiplayer work properly. They're not obligated to keep third-party programs working.

13. Darkthought Apprentice Engineer

14. gornyakmaniac Apprentice Engineer

So, when it will work properly, I'll say "thanks" to KSH, but at now this third-party do their job for them, and do it for free. I only want good server tools, and this is not only my wish. The point is third-party are not required to do anything, because they aren't devs of this game, but without them there would be no good DS. I hopt KSH will do wheir job well, but my server is turned off at now.

15. BlackUmbrellas Senior Engineer

What point are you trying to make, exactly?

Keen are not responsible for third-party programs. The current multiplayer is buggy because it was rushed out as a slapdash placeholder at player demand; Keen has been spending the last while doing bugfixes and tweaks that, together with new netcode, will make multiplayer servers work properly, as intended. Third party programmers are free to make their own intermediary fixes and replacements; Keen isn't responsible for those, and they're not responsible if the third party decides to discontinue their program.

16. TheAPHEX Trainee Engineer

Sometimes I wonder if those patches get tested. Or do they test them in Single-player and think that that will work .... The last 4-5 "Bugfix-Patches" all re-created old known and alleged fixed bugs. And than they go and acclaime them self for fixing it in Friday-Hotfix. don't get me wrong, I love Space Engineers. But that is why I sometimes rant and just can't understand the quality-management at KeenSWH.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Commando_Kain Trainee Engineer

I'm, extremely happy I bought this game! The DEV team is doing a fantastic job. I believe the end state will be a truly unique and cutting edge game untouchable by its peers.

18. joaomsousa.87 Trainee Engineer

Is anyone getting their power, when using jetpack, drained reallyyy fast ?

Can't play anymore, it's impossible in surival mode now, to go to asteroids with your jetpack without burning all your power

19. Super_Happy_Alien Apprentice Engineer

I do wonder myself sometimes the you would think that they would have PC's of different makes like amd/intel ati/nvidia and so on to test on both single and multiplayer but i guess that they are a lot of complex Things that get past programmers.

20. chemicalscum Apprentice Engineer

Turn off dampeners?

21. joaomsousa.87 Trainee Engineer

Yeah, i know how to play the game thanks.

The rate my energy is depleting is way higher now than last night (v100)

• Like Like x 1
  22. acidmetal Apprentice Engineer

Wow, all these bugs... gotta wait for patches.

23. GDragon Trainee Engineer

"- fixed Assailant Mk1 not avoiding collisions"
    What is Assailant Mk1?

24. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

A pirate drone.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Tony Hughes Junior Engineer

I don't think it's a Q.A. problem as such, it's probably more related to their weekly release scheduling.

It wouldn't surprise me if the bulk of testing is done on individual changes, before they're all merged into one, with just cursory testing applied to the integrated version.

Once the whole lot has been merged together for the final release, it can become difficult to pick it apart and revert specific alterations and so problems, caused by the actual integration itself or the unforeseen consequences of the combination of changes appear and can't be quickly resolved, even if they are noticed. It becomes easier to just issue a patch to the problem later rather than try to change the code back to the way it was in the integrated version and given that they're on a tight dead-line it's not really surprising that some of those patches run over to the following day.

26. Robertak Trainee Engineer

"- fixed Assailant Mk1 not avoiding collisions"

hehe.. honestly, i thought that assailant is dedicated ramming drone.. it always tried to hit my cockpit.. and with that "long nose" it really seemed to be created for ramming a hole into enemy ship.. :)

27. a2457 Senior Engineer

oh gees, proper updates :D
    keep em coming, we still need a lot of performance fixes.
    and more multicore support.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

The jetpack not working at all seems to be linked to the Azimuth suit. I removed the mod and I am able to operate the jetpack again. I suggest removing it for now until its updated.

HJ

• Like Like x 1
  29. Don Jacobs Junior Engineer

I think I know why we have the Stone issue. And, it doesn't apply to all types of stone, just one particular, and most used, one.

I use Midspace Admin Commands. I point it at a rock, and use the chat command '/detail' to find out a rocks composition. I did this with a dozen rocks in one of my world, and all other ores showed up fine, but only 4 types of stone were found. Stone_01/03/04/05.

Stone_02 is used a lot in these rocks, and was never found in any, which is absolutely impossible in any procedurally generated areas.

30. Replic TuaniOne Apprentice Engineer

So are there fixed already to get the game started again? because I can't.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.