Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.102 - Performance & bug fixes, Character's jump corresponds to gravity strength

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by George.Mamakos, Oct 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Silvak Apprentice Engineer

@Pontiac The Pirate Carrier will spawn if Cargo Ships are enabled. I have run from one for about 20 minutes, about 200km via jumpdrive, before it despawned. I can't explain the Informant with your settings, but I haven't yet had the chance to meet one in-game yet. Supposedly they aren't armed and will spawn in a "Hunter" if they get near you. Again, I don't have first hand experience with Informants, but if "Drones" is disabled I'd assume that they won't be able to spawn in "Hunters" which makes the Informants pretty harmless.

I'm not trying to push drone-love, just sharing information.

2. Pontiac Apprentice Engineer

I appreciate the info, regardless. At the end of the day, it just means that I have to use a 3rd party app to clean up.

I also just had a "gatling weapons platform" show up. Saved before it got close, then watched it try to rip through my base. I insta-died, so reloaded.

3. Beeskee Trainee Engineer

I'd love it if they added some friendly NPCs for a change. :D Until then, I'm keeping everything disabled.

Anyone know of any good scripts for an NPC AI pilot that will follow the player and assist in combat?

4. Silvak Apprentice Engineer

The closest I've seen is the PVE/AI Drones: Drone Conquest but you'll want to probably disable the hostile drones spawning. Sadly they are very simplistic so they just sit and shoot but it's the only friendly NPC mod I've seen.

5. AgentMN Trainee Engineer

Has anyone noticed the oxygen system not receiving power after the 1.102.10 update? None of my existing farms or tanks are working and my friend who started doing the tutorials couldn't finish the oxygen one for the same reason. We had to disable the oxygen feature on our server.

6. enkryptor Apprentice Engineer

AgentMN, check the "bug reports" section.

7. TurielD Trainee Engineer

Yeah, I've been having some Oxygen issues too, lots of people are:
    http://forum.keenswh.com/threads/1-102-010-oxygen-bugs-list-64-bit-new-map-and-old-map.7369593/

Came here to check if something had changed with Oxygen exactly for that reason.

Perhaps it relates to:

8. Hadrian2 Trainee Engineer

Same here. It ignores the ship mass when dragging it in but not when when it "stops". It's close to been rammed sometimes.

9. dragsliv Trainee Engineer

I'm unable to use oxygen tanks. They glow red, meaning no power, take in no oxygen and constantly show 0%. I lost 40k of Ice and gained no oxygen. It just dissapeared. :(

10. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

HEADLINE: Pot calls kettle black.

11. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

I have experienced this problem, particularly when trying to merge two ships each over 150 million kg. It turns out (after careful experimentation and repeated lengthy restarts) that inertial dampeners are a key part of the process. I have a mod that gives you good information about a block when you select it for placement. It turns out the thrusters that come in to play when the docking maneuver happens were just not up to the task, even when overloaded. I replaced them all with thrusters with a higher output and the next docking maneuver was drama free.

There was a time when I could aim a ship at a docking port, get it going to about .5 m/s, turn off dampeners, hop out of the cockpit and watch everything happen from outside. Those days are over.

12. Artemis40A4 Trainee Engineer

You all know that for the time you can shut down the connector / Merg Block and bring the ship into near perfect position befor activating them again (with dampeners online of corse)? Same way for getting away. Just open the lock of the connector and shut the connector off. No magnetic lock problems what so ever. I use that technic since I started to played on a Deticated Server about a year ago where the lag combined with the magnetic log was deatly often enought.

13. Hadrian2 Trainee Engineer

For some reason, it happens occasionally to the ship I'm piloting. When a million ton mothership gets dragged onto a much smaller ship (that appears not to move at all) is disturbing. I wonder if its programmed to show the pilots ship bouncing around and not the other one.

14. Don Jacobs Junior Engineer

I think the Oxygen Tank issues is being caused by a new item tag they put in.

Previously, Oxygen Bottles only had a <OxygenLevel>#</OxygenLevel> to indicate how much air was in them. After .101, this became <GasLevel>. However, Bottles with gas in them, since they imported from a. pre-.101 version, had 0 for GasLevel, and thus appeared empty. When I put the .sbs file into Notepad++, I found both the GasLevel and OxygenLevel in each Bottles definitions. The update just never transferred the number from the old to new value.

I believe this new value is because there will be Hydrogen Bottles (and maybe others) so having ONE value to represent the contents will save some space, as the blueprints definition will say what kind of gas each bottle can hold.

If the Tanks suffer because of a bad definition not working with them, and possibly the Farms (can't see how), hopefully they fix it in .103.

• Like Like x 1
  15. xdownsetx Trainee Engineer

Not sure what the deal with the Pirate Carrier is for me. In my game all they've ever done was fly in to about 4k from my base, spawn one heavy drone, and both just sit there for about an hour and fly away. The drone never does anything unless I approach them.

16. Rhau Trainee Engineer

I finally got brave enough to investigate the carrier in surv. It seems like it is targeting derilics as well as the player. So when you see it stop, its found one and is attacking it. Realistic, but also kills alot of exploration imo.

17. drfinestone Trainee Engineer

Thank Keen for this oxygen-Bug. A week without playing. Thank you for your expertise.

18. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Trainee Engineer

yesterday i had a bug with the sloped windows. They didn't seem the been airtight but after replace them with new windows the problem was solved. Did someone else had the same probleme

19. Rhau Trainee Engineer

Ive had bugs with a few blocks, once I ground them down and replaced them they function again. Not sure with pressurized environs, Ive avoided relying on those with all the recent issues.

20. severedsolo Trainee Engineer

I personally think the oxygen issues will misteriously vanish when planets come out. I suspect that they have a way of letting us re-fill from atmospheres, but it doesn't work yet, because there are no planets.

21. Artemis40A4 Trainee Engineer

Do not know why but in the middle of the game my hotkeys reseted to default. What is Anoying when the dampeners suddenly become the power switch and vice versa. Also I was unable to change the color any longer.

22. Lemunde Trainee Engineer

This is what's happening in mine. It's possible it could be confused as to how to attack my base since it's buried inside an asteroid.

23. severedsolo Trainee Engineer

Doesn't explain why it doesn't like mine though. I have the default "Lone Survivor Platform" - it seems to work fine away from 0,0,0 (well it's got close anyway) but won't come near my platform. (I'm quite grateful to be honest)

24. Triodo Trainee Engineer

Get ready, people! Tomorrow, a very desired feature is coming to our Space Engineers!

MORE BUGFIXES!! Just what I want!! :(

• Like Like x 1
  25. HollowVoices Trainee Engineer

I'm really hoping for some derelict ship wrecks and stations eventually. Sure, it could be modded, but vanilla is the way to go :D

26. xdownsetx Trainee Engineer

Screw bugfixes, I want unplayable planets!

• Like Like x 5
  27. Methlon Trainee Engineer

I'm just wondering; before I go posting a bug report, does anyone else have a problem with ships losing thrusters?
    I've got a small frame mining ship that I keep re-building and re-thinking (light armor), and after a bit of flying, even with no abuse, one (or more) of the thrusters will poof out of existence, and leave behind missing and distorted blocks (as though it was yanked from the ship). This has been going on since the prior update. It's been the same couple thrusters (large), but adding more structure around one area seems to make other areas go poof. No sound, no fires, just Poof. I've not had this issue before, and it seems to be limited to one ship. Is there some kind of twisting mechanic I don't know about for structures? Or am I Captain Glitch?

28. StormField Apprentice Engineer

Search, and yes, it's widely known.

29. Methlon Trainee Engineer

Bummer. thanks for replying. I'll just live with it.

30. gimmilfactory Junior Engineer

Everyone rest your F5 fingers for now....You will need them soon!

Also, don't forget to wrap them up nice a tight!
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.