Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.104 - Bugfixing, Tutorial unlocking, Revised Tutorial 1

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Oh dearly gathered... let us all bow our heads and pray to the gods of Keen and code.

Hear us all mighty programmers on this holy eve of update.

Let tomorrow's release be bountiful.

Though we may walk in the shadow of the valley of software bugs, let us fear not.

Your update and teasers be praised.

Let the physics inquisition be quieted; the trolls appeased; and the F5'ers... let them not suffer from their torment of carpal tunnel and obsessive refreshing in vain.

...and if you do bless us with the much delayed planets update, let us rejoice and not sullen to its plethora of anticipated bugs and laggy behavior; for it will be good.

All your base are belong to us. Amen.

End of Line.

• Like Like x 6
  2. rittstar Trainee Engineer

in the name of the holy spirit, we command in jesus name, show us the planets

amen

• Like Like x 2
  3. MontyTheGreat Trainee Engineer

Richard Strauss - Also Sprach Zarathustra would be the perfect theme for the planets release, following the classical songs line (The opening theme of the movie "2001", for the youngers ;)).

• Like Like x 3
  4. piddlefoot Senior Engineer

9 weeks of bug fixing and so called performance improvements have not gained much in FPS, starting to wonder if KEEN will actually release planets before Christmas, maybe its there x-mass update itself, they were fast to announce there going to do planets seeing how popular it is in another game, but there awful slow at releasing even just a basic version.
    With all the people at KEEN, what are they all doing, theres over 120 odd people there, given SE is probably only got 40 to 60 working on it, the developers never really explain anything in proper detail, the MOD community has planets via source code ,whats the hold up with planets KEEN ?

• Like Like x 1
  5. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

1º - I whant to say that i don't whant to be stupid with this post, so i am sorry if it looks like.
    2º - If your so upset with KEEN why do you even bother? Go play another game instead.
    3º - When KEEN think planets are ready to release, they will release it, you probably know that(i really hope you do).
    4º - In the last count they did(this was like 2 months ago), they had like 15 people working on SE, now i do believe that they may have like 20 this days.
    5º - if your thinking the way the game is now is bad in performance, imagine if they just release an unoptmized crap version of planets? My bet is that, maybe 70% of the player base will not be able to play.
    6º - See number 2.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Caesar15 2 Trainee Engineer

I noticed some of the teasers seem very 2001-esque.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sinbad Senior Engineer

hoping for a black painted heavy armor 'monolith' easter egg that randomly spawns on planets.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Codebender Apprentice Engineer

IM taking it as next week (or rather tomorrow from this post in time)
    But first, lets start theorizing about how that water is going to work (if they do indeed add it and not cheat with the cold planets)

First theory: The water is like voxels that can change their place on the voxel grid, as well as "compact" (just to make lakes not look jankey) and we can somewhat interface with the water(liquid only version of the drill?)

9. Super_Happy_Alien Apprentice Engineer

But its full of stars!!!!!!

10. DMATH Trainee Engineer

Someone just turned the hype dial up to 11

11. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

I think everyone would freak out... and maybe throw some poo...

12. mrdavidbrown Trainee Engineer

Is it too early to board the hype train? I hear there's planets Coming soon TM

13. Wanderduene Apprentice Engineer

Everybody aboard the hype train!
    Today is planets day!
    I'm sure! :pbjt:

14. Mortisfire Apprentice Engineer

You're about.... 14 hours early mate. See ya in a few!

15. k0rd Trainee Engineer

Fueling the f5ighter and checking it for f5 readiness. See you guys in 5 or so pages!

16. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

I'd like the ability to pump water into tanks and for the Engineer to require intermittant food and water like in ME. We'd have to pump the water into ships into tanks. It would make Planet landings more required for gathering food and water. I hardly ever find much ice on Asteroids.

17. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

Because of how close we are to the game's anniversary they may release the planets today. I'm getting overly hyped but trying not to set myself up for dissapointment.

18. mrdavidbrown Trainee Engineer

This is it ladies and gentlemen. Planets today! No more bugs to fix as they have been let loose on the planets. And now they chase you down. If you're scared that they will get you just turn on your jet pack fly over them and fall on them and it should be them squished and killed. Also they can't go in the water they just float above. This update will also bring a tears update so that when planets water is depleted you can replenish the lakes with the tears. Really looking forward to this one. Hope someone actually makes a hype train in the workshop so I can circumnavigate the planet flooding lakes with tears of joy while just avoiding the bugs :D

• Like Like x 2
  19. Voyager_sput2015 Trainee Engineer

According to the laws of quantum mechanics, the state of an object can be in two or multiple states at the same time unless observed and measured by an observer. Until such observation the object will be in a superposition.

So for now, we can state that the next patch will contain planets and won't contain planets. We won't know until the update is out and observable by us :)

P.s. I'm pretty sure we will at least get bugfixes (as there's something fixed in every new update), the rest will be a surprise :)

20. SidDark Trainee Engineer

or it wont be a surprise, as the law of quantum mechanics you just spoke of suggests...

• Like Like x 1
  21. Voyager_sput2015 Trainee Engineer

Touche! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  22. mrdavidbrown Trainee Engineer

Probability works in our favour For planets if you have an optimistic view of soon!

23. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

Pretty much like schrodinger's cat. the update is in the box, we don't know if planets are there (alive) or not (dead).

• Like Like x 1
  24. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

To optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist the glass is half empty its half empty. To engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

• Like Like x 2
  25. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

it still may not be today tough.

26. k0rd Trainee Engineer

I don't like your attitude, mister :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  27. Mal Trainee Engineer

My prayers for 1.05 goes to:
    Performance tweaks pretty please.
    DX11 adjustable brightness/gamma please.
    Some DX11 optimized models please.
    Fix O2 air flow please.
    General bug fixes please.

:pbjt:

• Like Like x 2
  28. DMATH Trainee Engineer

Praise Keen and they're mighty planet's!!

29. Mash Trainee Engineer

I'm worrying about some troops not being equipped with Napalm nor flamethrowers during the F5 challenge to planet surface.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  30. Harven Trainee Engineer

I think today is a good day for some planets, because of the 2nd anniversary of space engineers -> :D

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.