Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.104 - Bugfixing, Tutorial unlocking, Revised Tutorial 1

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Wanderduene Apprentice Engineer

Maybe Keen is trying to upload the patch since hours, but the webserver with the forum is blocking their entire internetconnection, cause of the F5 squadron strike :p

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nexarius Trainee Engineer

Didn't they say something about the multiplayer improvement being released BEFORE the planets?
    That hasn't happend yet so -> no planets today

3. Scorpion00021 Senior Engineer

Actually, the most recent thing I remember them saying is that they are currently focusing on Planets, then Netcode will follow

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dante535 Trainee Engineer

Wrong, was stated multiple updates ago that planets will be first before multiplayer fixes.

5. Ericius11 Apprentice Engineer

Edit: Ninja'd by Scorpion00021.

HYPPE!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Radeth Apprentice Engineer

Actually I'm pretty sure in some AMA on reddit Ondrej said they wanted to hold switching to RakNet because they didn't want to fix MP code once and then fix it again after the planets were added

Edit: as Scorpion already pointed out

• Like Like x 1
  7. Inexorabilis Trainee Engineer

8. Peavy Trainee Engineer

Net-code was originally coming before planets, that was changed after they seen how much planets would break it. They then decided to do net-code after to avoid this.

• Like Like x 1
  9. druppi Apprentice Engineer

it will alle be in one big patch

> New Multiplayer
    > Havok Multitherading
    >Planets

;)

• Like Like x 2
  10. tunefuldjmike Trainee Engineer

the patch that will break the internet

11. gimmilfactory Junior Engineer

Netcode is being relased along side planets because multiplayer planets would not work for how they have the worlds segmented to load and buffer. Netcode also has be be released along wide planets because releasing the netcode by itself prior to planets would cause so many communication errors in packet data since it would be expecting one type of data structure and getting a whole other because checks code are missing.

• Like Like x 1
  12. k0rd Trainee Engineer

Want: Planets, Netcode
    Need: autopilot fixes, sound fixes, mining fixes
    Getting: Fixed typo in LCD panel in tutorial X

• Like Like x 3
  13. Logi Apprentice Engineer

It gives us the patch or else it gets the F5 again!

• Like Like x 4
  14. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

All right people. Our Intel suggests Keen will release Planets today. However our Intel on this occasion cannot be considered totally accurate. Lets get those F5's in the AIR AND BRING IN THOSE PLANETS!

15. 16geley Trainee Engineer

This forum is connecting slower than a tree on pot

16. Valpen Trainee Engineer

This is my first post on this page, ever. I can not describe how psyched I am right now! I've even downloaded the sound of a train that I'm playing in the background.

I'm dead serious.

17. Jackal Trainee Engineer

FUCK IT'S NOT PLANETS

• Like Like x 1
  18. [CFLT] JOG-16 Trainee Engineer

Wow on my screen the forums are just giving up
    [​IMG]

19. Lrj52 Apprentice Engineer

We wants it, we needs it. Must have the planets.

20. Lrj52 Apprentice Engineer

We wants it, we needs it. Must have the planets.

21. HunterX Apprentice Engineer

New Video!!!

22. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

Keen's gonna need a bigger bandwidth...

23. TheEndersWAR Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]
    NOOO! the Hype train.... Oh well, got juicy update either way :p

24. Mobiyus Apprentice Engineer

[Disclaimer: this post has the only purpose of giving you yet one more post to read while you F5ght. Enjoy]

A long time ago, in a far away galaxy...

Rotors took over a Rebel Station hoping they would give up the secret plans out of pure fear of Rotors.

It worked

The End

25. Pontiac Apprentice Engineer

On Oct 21, 2015, I said;

on Oct 22, 2015, Keen said:
    Either I'm that good, or they read my mind, and decided to just annoy me like the rest of the world some days. {smirk}

26. Samsonguy920 Apprentice Engineer

I actually projected November back when planets were officially announced, and well before Fallout 4 was officially announced. Fallout 4 is a big deal, but we are comparing a game release to just a major feature update. If you are thinking a lot of SE players won't be around to help with bugfixing due to going to play Fallout 4, then that would suggest waiting until early next year to release the planets update. If Keen is actually close enough to release a solid update come November, I doubt they would be interested in waiting until January or February. Not a major amount of SE players will be able to get Fallout 4, like me, and a major amount of those who do get the game when it comes out will still find the time to get on Space Engineers. You have to remember that Bethesda/Obsidian have a lovely reputation of releasing a bug-ridden mess with their games. It will be reasonable to expect that a lot of players will lose patience early on, and want to do something else while waiting for patches for Fallout 4. May as well spend some time seeing what bugs can be found in the Space Engineers Planets Update!

• Like Like x 1
  27. Sinbad Senior Engineer

@Samsonguy920, I wasn't implying that a november release was a bad idea in general, or that the majority of the comunity would be distracted by FO4. only that I, personally, intend to strap on my new pip-boy 3000 and bury myself eyeballs deep into it untill I've seen every minute of the 300(ish) hours of content. if I resurface and find myself on a planet, ill be pretty happy :D

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.