Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.104 - Bugfixing, Tutorial unlocking, Revised Tutorial 1

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Greg the Mad Trainee Engineer

Gotta admit, I almost missed how amazing the grass, and trees look, Keen. (not sarcastic here)
    It all looks amazing!

Just wanted to point this out.

• Like Like x 2
  2. 3vil_Luigi Apprentice Engineer

do i see water in the planetary teaser? if it was water, it would be the most incredible thing ever. it does look kinda stationary tough :/

3. Cmdr_Forge Apprentice Engineer

Man, the planets are gonna be awesome when they are finished, but I wonder...When will the current weapons and armor, or even the solar finally get a technology upgrade? Surely solar panels would actually become more effective by the time of this setting taking place than what they are in current modern times. Mind giving current inventions and technological breakthroughs a little more credit? Also, what about some true airlock doors in the main game? Those already exist in today's time but are nearly non-existent in Space Engineers were it not for willing community modders that stepped up to add what had been missing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

Amazing. I hope for survival they add in food/water. I saw The Martian yesterday and it got my hyped for planets. BIG TIME.

5. 16geley Trainee Engineer

Houston we have WATER! YES!

6. Ruhas31rus Trainee Engineer

On planets are animals)) At the end of the teaser him chasing a huge spider)
    Excellent)

7. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

I really don't care if there's water and aliens. They should ship planets now and add on to it later.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Asaku Trainee Engineer

Great teaser!

Omg, water?! I.. I just... this is going to be awesome. That ending though :D

9. Pro3Display Apprentice Engineer

screw this, when THESE particular planet types come i build a damn Whiterun

• Like Like x 6
  10. Nuinethir Trainee Engineer

Looking forward to planets! However, fixing the oxygen bug was high on my list. Thanks guys!

11. 3vil_Luigi Apprentice Engineer

This

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ortikon Apprentice Engineer

Can you imagine if those spider things spawned in the dark like creepers did in minecraft.
    Just plugging away on my ship..*scuttle scuttle.. ? "what was that?" <.< >.>....

*weld weld

scuttle scuttle

O.O

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

"aaaauuggrhrhhuuuhh..!!!"

• Like Like x 7
  13. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

wow, the mountains in that video. I just want to climb them. Just purely amazing. Keen are calling it Work in Progress. It looks finished and polished but I suppose they are smoothing preformances and doing alot of under the hood things. The last bit of the video did make me wonder if each planet would have life. They made AI Barbarians in ME afterall. Just jaw dropping.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Legion40k Trainee Engineer

did i see water?

DID I SEE WATER?!!?!?

• Like Like x 4
  15. TheBinaryWolf Trainee Engineer

Those landscapes are lovely! I love how they seem natural (unlike terrain from some other games where you cant see your own nose).

Im curious how will that 'water' behave...

Edit: Please, please can we get more complicated AI than going in straight line to kill?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Darmanator Trainee Engineer

So um. When can I have a FPS rate that makes the game playable?

17. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

Yeah. We need another Engineer version that allows us to remove the whole suit not just the helmet.

• Like Like x 1
  18. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Twice now within 20 seconds of starting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

Water is one of the small things I've been waiting for but it kind of looked like coloured Rock but I hope its water. Game needs it. We need water tanks in ships to go along side oxygen tanks with food packs and some kind of arboretum thing for growing food.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

I can officially say that Space Engineers has surpassed my wildest expectations.

• Like Like x 7
  21. Calaban Junior Engineer

oh the WAY keen teases....

So inhumane. It is no wonder Keen Developers do NOT set up stalls at major conventions such as ComicCon.

For then we would get to meet said teasers face to.. er.. Face.. I was going to say face. Face to face!

:mad: ;)

• Like Like x 1
  22. Pennywise Apprentice Engineer

Ohhhh I'll die for this planet! Dig me a grave at the foot of those mountains.

• Like Like x 5
  23. Lrj52 Apprentice Engineer

Drui liked it.
    Oh no.

• Like Like x 4
  24. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

Not the only one. I'd love to see what they call complete if its still considered alpha. Probably the best game for along time.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Carbongrip Trainee Engineer

Empyrion Galactic Survival, don't kill me for saying it.

26. Rhedd Trainee Engineer

Surprise, surprise. Lights are still broken. Seriously, do new bugs introduced in the course of bugfixes go to the back of the line, or something? It's crazy. Those would be the FIRST ones I fixed.

Now everyone leap to tell me that broken lights aren't really very important, while I go spend another week (my fifth) playing other games because I can't build anything decent in SE until the lights are fixed.

27. Barfbag Trainee Engineer

Water, Bugs, Improved textures, Keen is really bringing their A game! The hype is really getting out of hand. I wonder if the bugs are suggesting something other than what seems to be the obvious :) get ready for many weeks of crashes!

• Like Like x 1
  28. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

Yeah thinking about it. I didn't want to get my hopes up but I'd love to see Alien AI. It would add another element of danger. I'll up them, here's an idea, weather. Yeah, storms, winds, sun, snow...randomly generated weather...an in game clock wouldn't go amiss either.

• Like Like x 3
  29. Mal Trainee Engineer

nice update

However I am a bit sad about the now permanent fps drop. SE v1.99 best game ever and ran with acceptable 10-15 fps on my i7 system. That was ok - a bit lower than other games but ok. Afterwards I now have averave 2-5fps. thats unplayable. Havent been able to play for some weeks now. And thats sad.:(

30. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

Broken lights really aren't very important. I've been working on designs just fine. I also play other games, because despite what the number of hours I have in SE suggests, I'm not obsessed with it.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.