Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.104 - Bugfixing, Tutorial unlocking, Revised Tutorial 1

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Hakon102 Apprentice Engineer

Nice Work keen :) ! Water ? Aliens ? wtf :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. Howitz Junior Engineer

Bring in the hype containement units, THEY MUST NOT ESCAPE!!!! HYPINOIDS!

• Like Like x 2
  3. eliteace Trainee Engineer

O keen you tease :)

4. Gojira Trainee Engineer

What will water on planets bring to the table?

Just a friendly question.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 3vil_Luigi Apprentice Engineer

EVERYTHING

I don't really know... it'd be just kinda cool... maybe ships? iunno

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

It may come a requirement in survival mode, water tanks as well as oxygen tanks. More of a reason to look for ice on asteroids.

• Like Like x 1
  7. g0vernor Apprentice Engineer

Keen, for however the long and hard the road may be, we have never lost hope in you. Take the time you want, but bring our planets home.
    Also, SPIIIIIDEEEEEERRRS!!! SENDING EMERGENCY SIGNAL!! FETCH THE FLAMETHROWERS, QUICK!! HEEELP! HAAALP!!! HEEE-bzzt transmission lost.

Days later, a broken beacon was found AT THE BOTTOM OF A FREAKING LAKE on the surface of Kepler-116B. Bullet holes everywhere, camp lowered to as low as the FREAKING HQ MULTISAMPLED GRASS THAT HAS WIND EFFECTS... The "GREAT GOD HOW BIG THEY ARE" TREES were swinging in the "GOD DAMN HOW NICE BLUE" BREATHABLE ATMOSPHERE, with BLOODY EFFIN' AWESOME CLOUDS cruizing above them. I'm sorry, but I guess I will be as excited as this for a whole week now. Thanks keen.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

yep

• Like Like x 1
  9. estile606 Trainee Engineer

well, it is confirmed
    keen is adding bugs on purpose
    must be pretty gamebreaking bug too, causing that engineer to run away from it.

• Like Like x 18
  10. Odious T Apprentice Engineer

my rig is down so secretly i'm happy planets are taking forever.
    It's all looking so good guys - total overdelivery on this idea.
    I just hope i can get behind my guns in time for the fun to start.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Doruntrus Trainee Engineer

I hope that Keen keeps an eye on these threads and notices the appreciative individuals. Seriously, they're out doing themselves, those planets are gorgeous. With continued dedication, all the bugs will be squashed and this game will outdo any triple A title. I, for one, can wait.

• Like Like x 2
  12. tharkus Junior Engineer

I dont care if they launch the planet feature with a stationary water, if later they add some animations and maybe some particles
    im going to be more than happy :)
    Anyways Nice update!

13. Ondrasovka Trainee Engineer

Teaser is really nice but now my game is instantly crashing when spawning in SMP :( You guys maybe wait a bit before updating ...

From log:
    Code:
    2015-10-15 23:21:52.396 - Thread:  10 ->  Exception occured: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
      at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
      at VRageRender.Effects.MyEffectVoxelsBase.UpdateVoxelMultiTextures(Byte mat0, Nullable`1 mat1, Nullable`1 mat2)
      at VRageRender.Techniques.MyDrawTechniqueVoxelMulti.SetupVoxelMaterial(MyEffectVoxels effect, MyRenderVoxelBatch batch)
      at VRageRender.MyRender.DrawVoxels(MySortedElements sortedElements, MyLodTypeEnum lod, MyRenderVoxelBatchType batchType, Int32& ibChangesStats)
      at VRageRender.MyRender.DrawRenderElementsAlternative(MySortedElements sortedElements, MyLodTypeEnum lod, Int32& ibChangesStats)
      at VRageRender.MyRender.DrawModelsLod(MyLodTypeEnum lodTypeEnum, Boolean drawUsingStencil, Boolean collectTransparentElements)
      at VRageRender.MyRender.DrawScene_OneLodLevel_Draw(Boolean drawStencilTechnique, Boolean collectTransparentElements, MyLodTypeEnum LOD)
      at VRageRender.MyRender.DrawScene_OneLodLevel(MyLodTypeEnum currentLodDrawPass)
      at VRageRender.MyRender.DrawScene()
      at VRageRender.MyRender.Draw3D(Boolean applyBackupStack)
      at VRageRender.MyRender.DrawMessageQueue()
      at VRageRender.MyRender.Draw(Boolean draw)
      at VRage.MyRenderThread.Draw()
      at VRage.MyRenderThread.RenderCallback()
      at SharpDX.Windows.RenderLoop.Run(Control form, RenderCallback renderCallback, Boolean useApplicationDoEvents)
      at VRage.MyRenderThread.RenderThreadStart(Object param)
      at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
      at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
      at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
      at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  14. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

With what I've seen I'm already more than happy.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kreuger Trainee Engineer

Surely the water we see is likely to harvest the hydrogen and oxygen that comprises it? Perhaps we'll be able to harvest the water on planets and split it in some way?

also
    HYPE

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hazardous544 Trainee Engineer

evga gtx 960 all drivers up too date.

Here is what the logs show:

2015-10-15 14:15:06.555 - Thread: 15 -> Exception occured: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    at VRageRender.MyFoliageComponent.FillStreams()
    at VRageRender.MyRender11.UpdateSceneFrame()
    at VRageRender.MyRender11.ProcessDrawQueue()
    at VRageRender.MyRender11.Draw(Boolean draw)
    at VRage.MyRenderThread.Draw()
    at VRage.MyRenderThread.RenderCallback()
    at SharpDX.Windows.RenderLoop.Run(Control form, RenderCallback renderCallback, Boolean useApplicationDoEvents)
    at VRage.MyRenderThread.RenderThreadStart(Object param)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)
    2015-10-15 14:15:06.555 - Thread: 15 -> Hiding window

17. MeisterKeen Trainee Engineer

Long-time lurker, here. Ship designer, explorer, have probably broken more mining drills than anybody.

I've just got two major things to say: I'm really excited for planets, and I think Keen's doing great.

Game's buggy? Well, yeah. Planets are taking a while? Well, yeah. But look. LOOK. OH MY GOD LOOK AT THOSE MOUNTAINS.

Someone's going to make an 80-km-wide version of Earth. They're gonna go in there with voxel hands and make an Earth. You realize that? Do you realize what the community is going to do with this stuff once it's in their hands?

I'm gonna make a boat. Yep, a boat. I'm going to sail around a planet in a mother-f'ing boat, shooting spiders and drinking rum.

The future is beautiful.

~ MeisterKeen

• Like Like x 5
  18. ksdunlap07 Trainee Engineer

I am still having problems with Oxygen, seems that I can only depressurize rooms and fill oxygen tanks by turning on stockpile, then to re-pressurize the room i have to turn stockpile off. Anyone else have this problem? Also I cannot Enable Cargo Ships in my world settings, its just grayed out and will not let you check the box beside it.

19. KG1 Trainee Engineer

I'm not sure which hardware you have but I also have Windows 10. I have an AMD graphics card and the game was crashing all over the place. My solution to fix it and make the game run smoother: turn off AMD Overdrive, specifically the Graphics Overdrive, in Catalyst Control Center.

20. Mongoose Trainee Engineer

I don't think that the game is even playable until they hotfix it after this update.

21. megapro Trainee Engineer

Omg is that water? pls tell me this is water:pbjt::pbjt::pbjt: (watch the video at 4:10 min)

22. KG1 Trainee Engineer

Mine kept crashing but turning off AMD Overdrive or the equivalent that you have and going through the graphics card settings seems to help a lot. Also make sure the graphics aren't turned too high because mine defaults to top level anti-aliasing and it just can't do it and eventually crashes the game.

23. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

Sure looks like water to us, unless were suffering from the hype?

• Like Like x 1
  24. Bumber Senior Engineer

*Spider positions itself directly above engineer on ship's glass roof...*

*Engineer slowly looks up...*

*Spider begins spinning in circles, MENACINGLY!* *Chitter* *Hiss!*

• Like Like x 2
  25. Ortikon Apprentice Engineer

-New weapon added: Wooden broom

"shooo! SHOOO!"

• Like Like x 6
  26. VenomBG Trainee Engineer

Attack of the killer ants...? I think i just jizzed in my pants :pbjt:

27. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

KEENNNN!!!

YOU ROCK!!!

• Like Like x 1
  28. Dex Trainee Engineer

I can play 3 or 4 seconds

29. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

Still no rotor fix?
    :'(

• Like Like x 1
  30. Spatium Trainee Engineer

The teaser looks good, but the last scene leaves me concerned that it may introduce some new bugs into the game. ;)

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.