Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.104 - Bugfixing, Tutorial unlocking, Revised Tutorial 1

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Logi Apprentice Engineer

If that water is going to be just a pool of ice (as used to be in source code), I really hope you will inform people about it before they get too hyped up about possible water.

Damn you Keen...all I ever wanted was a lifeless 10km rock with gravity and here you made something that has surpassed my expectations over and over again :D

Even if there wouldn't be water and no AI spiders when you release planets, it would still be so much more than I ever wanted.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

At least it wasn't snakes this time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Don Jacobs Junior Engineer

And, of course, they Hype Train crashed into the ocean and sank beyond recovery. :p :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Caesar15 2 Trainee Engineer

The hills are alive..with the sound of giant spiders!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Mongoose Trainee Engineer

Did he mean "more bug fixes" instead of "features"???

6. megapro Trainee Engineer

yeah when we asked for planets I expected something like 5-10km rocks with gravity and some kind of terrain generation (basic stuff like hills/mountains/canyons) but this is a whole new level. These things are so huge even If I lost my biggest ship on one of those planets I would probably never find it again without an antenna.

• Like Like x 3
  7. BlackUmbrellas Senior Engineer

At minimum? Some form of borders to landmasses (which could result in more interesting geographical and tactical considerations) that could cut down on the total usable landmass and make planets a little bit less of a haystack to lose your needles in. I'd find it preferable that they be an environmental hazard, too; thrusters and maybe some other systems could stop working if submerged, meaning having your ship crash into the ocean would be a Big Problem.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

Unless you appear to be a Jedi Master.

9. Caesar15 2 Trainee Engineer

I have a feeling you're wrong.

10. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

But seriously. For a while now I've been waiting for an update that says in survival your systems will degrade. The more you use something the more of a chance it needs repairs or it breaks. Adds a flare of realism.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Belazzz Trainee Engineer

Hi! This update appears to have broken my savegame. When I load it and then try to look at a certain place, the game crashes with this message in the log:
    Code:
    2015-10-16 01:03:28.797 - Thread:  11 ->  Exception occured: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
      at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
      at VRageRender.Effects.MyEffectVoxelsBase.UpdateVoxelMultiTextures(Byte mat0, Nullable`1 mat1, Nullable`1 mat2)
      at VRageRender.Techniques.MyDrawTechniqueVoxelMulti.SetupVoxelMaterial(MyEffectVoxels effect, MyRenderVoxelBatch batch)
      at VRageRender.MyRender.DrawVoxels(MySortedElements sortedElements, MyLodTypeEnum lod, MyRenderVoxelBatchType batchType, Int32& ibChangesStats)
      at VRageRender.MyRender.DrawRenderElementsAlternative(MySortedElements sortedElements, MyLodTypeEnum lod, Int32& ibChangesStats)
      at VRageRender.MyRender.DrawModelsLod(MyLodTypeEnum lodTypeEnum, Boolean drawUsingStencil, Boolean collectTransparentElements)
      at VRageRender.MyRender.DrawScene_OneLodLevel_Draw(Boolean drawStencilTechnique, Boolean collectTransparentElements, MyLodTypeEnum LOD)
      at VRageRender.MyRender.DrawScene_OneLodLevel(MyLodTypeEnum currentLodDrawPass)
      at VRageRender.MyRender.DrawScene()
      at VRageRender.MyRender.Draw3D(Boolean applyBackupStack)
      at VRageRender.MyEnvironmentMapRenderer.UpdateFace(Vector3D position, Int32 faceIndex)
      at VRageRender.MyEnvironmentMapRenderer.ContinueUpdate()
      at VRageRender.MyEnvironmentMapRenderer.StartUpdate(Vector3D position, Boolean renderNow)
      at VRageRender.MyEnvironmentMap.Update()
      at VRageRender.MyRender.DrawMessageQueue()
      at VRageRender.MyRender.Draw(Boolean draw)
      at VRage.MyRenderThread.Draw()
      at VRage.MyRenderThread.RenderCallback()
      at SharpDX.Windows.RenderLoop.Run(Control form, RenderCallback renderCallback, Boolean useApplicationDoEvents)
      at VRage.MyRenderThread.RenderThreadStart(Object param)
      at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
      at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
      at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
      at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)
    My other (creative) save seems to be fine. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

UPD. Started getting this crash again in a brand new world after playing for a couple of hours.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  12. Sentinel-Ghost Apprentice Engineer

um...am I going insane? I cant locate any "Lifesupport" blocks in the G menu anymore. i.e oxygen generators/tanks, cryo pods etc.

13. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

I see them in my G menu. (Currently playing) but I have noticed on a weird odd occasion some blocks do go missing but ususally not for long. I'd reccomend searching for them.

14. Dregz Trainee Engineer

Holy shit. I assume that gravity on planets will act in the same way as the spherical gravity generator.. And if the planet is a statci object. What happens when we hollow out the middle of it? Is there just a spot where you can float for ever?

• Like Like x 2
  15. McyD Apprentice Engineer

No there is just a Spherical Gravity generator at the center of each planet, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DcKillByDeath87 Trainee Engineer

Do you think it will have lava in the middle of planets?

17. Logi Apprentice Engineer

I though there would be just one biome per planet but from the trailer it seems like there can be multiple biomes?

On the video at 3:30, 3:52 and 4:48 you can see the same planets/moons on the background.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  18. STK2008 Trainee Engineer

Any performance increase with this update? :)

19. Rhau Trainee Engineer

Anyone else not able to enable cargo ships?

20. McyD Apprentice Engineer

I can't even stay connected for more than 4 seconds without crashing to the desktop.

21. Legotaz Trainee Engineer

cargo ships are disables so they dont crash in to the planets , bare in mind they only spawn 10k away.... that means they would spawn in to the planet... hint hint..... also has anyone else noticed that collectors now make a whumping sound when they catch an item lol i was like oh thats new...

22. Suicide_Jack Trainee Engineer

KEEN now you´ve done it!
    another week with updates that introduces more bugs then the number that are being fixed.

we´re waiting for multiplayer and dedicated server fixes and you´re giving us the 100th planet teaser which looks like taken from another gameengine (unity).

i for one want to play this game with friends online, have battles with big multicrew ships, which is impossible with this game as it stands right now!

planets are nice but those should wait until the game is much further along with bugfixes and new multiplayer!
    Because what good do us planets when we can´t explore them with fellow engineers? NOTHING!

i would gladly wait another 6 to 12 months for planets if that would mean that we could play with 20 or more people without simspeed or ping issues.

i´ve played over 3200 hours but i´m fed up with the bugs and KEEN´s policy of not fixing the issues that are most urgent (multiplayer, dedicated server, physics engine, just to name a few)!

23. Echillion Senior Engineer

Thanks Keen this bug fixing patch has killed multiplayer for me and my server mates as its stuffed up our NVidia cards and yes we all have the latest drivers 358.50 constant crashing on spawning into world.

• Like Like x 1
  24. aerosabe Apprentice Engineer

Gorgeous. My hype level is just getting up there. I would rather they fix aesthetic gaps in the terrain before release, like I've seen in some earlier videos, if they haven't already.
    I hope gravity from planets will linearly decrease to zero as you approach the center. Yay for fun realism!

25. Drivenbydiamond Trainee Engineer

*Insert rage about not releasing planets here*

26. Malinok Trainee Engineer

Game crashes as soon as I do anything. Seem fine if I just sit there. Log sent.

27. f16v1per Trainee Engineer

Man, all of these negative comments. The developers are working hard to give us weekly updates yet to some people that isn't good enough.

28. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

Probably not in the beguining. They may add this in the future. We will need to wait.

29. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

Try remove mods, see if it helps.

30. Houstonruss Trainee Engineer

[​IMG] Gotta get your fleet ready for planets, homeboys. Also: RIP minecraft

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.