Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.104 - Bugfixing, Tutorial unlocking, Revised Tutorial 1

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. EvanBaxter52 Trainee Engineer

Dat spider at end of the video...

2. zDeveloper10 Junior Engineer

hopefully they fix all the things that aren't related to planets that got broken in one big wrap up patch rather than dragging it out over several patches would give the impression of more work being done, when all that really happened is redoing stuff that worked before. the only excuse for that is if they're completely replacing the code that's doing it rather than just getting out of making a patch-free day.

3. TenTonBlue Trainee Engineer

Clown Car of Disappointment has arrived!

• Like Like x 1
  4. themars2011 Trainee Engineer

oxygen on small ships not working anymore? rooms dont fill up like they did before
    and oxygen tanks arent working at all on small ships

5. Styles Trainee Engineer

I've made awesome airlocks without mods - the fact that I wrote the script myself was 80% of the appeal (it IS an engineering game, after all). I can control an unlimited number of airlocks with just one programmable block, including groups of doors (e.g. airtight hangar doors) - my script also handled groups of airlocks before they added the linking feature... built-in airlocks would probably be just as effective, but it's so much more rewarding when you build it yourself ;)

Because we have pressurized rooms where you won't die when you remove your helmet... your statement makes it sound like they arbitrarily added a way to commit suicide without any good reason...

There is a game gluttons for punishment like you would probably enjoy - it's a cleaning sim, where all you do is mop up messes...

But for the rest of us, the fun part is actually playing the game - nobody likes playing monopoly because they enjoy putting everything back into the box at the end ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cmdr_Forge Apprentice Engineer

After re-watching the video from the update I started thinking, why was the engineer running from that spider or giant insect at the end? Unless it was a case of being unarmed, just whip out the rifle (or in my case the assault rifle from the S Gun pack) and let em have it! Just looking at the size of that terrain it looks like we should have no trouble at all building a good sized base and still be able to have some good ground battles. But first I need to figure out if the issue I had with unresponsive forward movement with my wheels is a game bug or something with my world save. I had it on a solid surface with grav gens and some mass blocks to keep it on the ground.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Robertak Trainee Engineer

KEEN!! YOU HAVE FIXED MY SHIP! IT IS NOT KILLING ME ANYMORE! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! :)) GUYS, THIS IS REALLY GREAT NEWS! THANK YOU ONCE MORE!! :) AWESOME WORK!

• Like Like x 3
  8. wd56 Apprentice Engineer

Lol every week its "soon", I have feeling that after finishing Fallout 4, Halo 5 , Starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void, Rainbow Six and Star Wars Battlefront, we will still be hearing about Planetary teasers and "soon"

• Like Like x 1
  9. zDeveloper10 Junior Engineer

imagine returning to a server that wipes ships that are shut down(so that you can't just turn them off)- only to find the ship burned it's self out so badly it needs to be replaced. every single day. :D
    what if riffles aren't good enough? what if the only way to be sure is to nuke the entire site from orbit?
    "hey everyone I know you're super hyped- here's a teaser that will be coming so awesomely soon you won't beleive it! that's right: real soon. as in, super soon, but not necessarily now. just soon. very soon. hang with us please."

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kane Junior Engineer

Not sure why people want planets. We need a good 6 months of nothing but bug fixes. I know Planets are coming soon even next week for the 2 year anniversary but oxygen and such are broken unlimited view distance issues now. Ugh lol.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ortikon Apprentice Engineer

This vid also serves as a public service announcement about Steam Names.
    Be warned that one day your steam handle may represent you in a community spotlight.
    Skybox by 'AssHunter'. Amazing.

• Like Like x 8
  12. Odious T Apprentice Engineer

LOL IKR

People are asking what the function of the water will be.
    I'm excited that there might be some basic fluid dynamics - if we have that then we have potentially much more than just water - from liquid noble gasses on cold worlds to molten rock on hot worlds. Wouldn't that be something
    /end speculation

• Like Like x 1
  13. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Well, there might be magma. Lava wouldn't be much of a threat. Most likely you won't be able to get to the center.

14. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

If you think this is bad, wait until planets are actually released. Haters will declare them bullshit and try to convince us Keen screwed us.

Film at 11.

• Like Like x 2
  15. rexxar Senior Engineer

Waaah waaaaahhhh the feature we were never given a date for wasn't delivered
    waaaaaaaah our wild speculation with zero base in reality was wrong
    waaaaaahhhhhh my entitlement!

• Like Like x 1
  16. DakotaShock Trainee Engineer

I think I shall build a Halo Rat Nest in that mountain... And add plenty of "Bug" defense. Anyone got some DEET?

17. Bings Trainee Engineer

I agree with this. Unlocking is a bad idea. If someone can't complete a tutorial or just wants to skip to one because they already know how to do something, then it seems counter intuitive to have a block to prevent them from doing so.

The planet landscapes look awesome. :)

18. chrisb Senior Engineer

That video is re-playable so many times, well the planet part anyway. They look remarkable Keen. If that is what we're to expect when released, you've done a great job, above expectations is probably an understatement.
    Great going, its all good.

19. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Um, you are aware, because it's been said a kabillion times in this forum and others, that there's no point in fixing the netcode until after the planets are in? You've read that, right? Because it's been said. Over and over. Repeatedly. Seriously, read just about any of the update threads. It's in there. I'm not making this up.

You can't read this thread and not know how badly people want planets. I don't understand it myself but I'm neither blind nor stupid. They're not just getting planets, they're getting the best damn planets the engine can handle. That means netcode has to wait.

See you after Christmas.

20. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

I don't understand why anyone running a server would run it on a Thursday. Every week we have to read this stuff.

If you run a server, tell people it goes down for maintenance on Thursday. You won't lose them. I mean, everyone else's server isn't working either.

What is it about the game being alpha that people don't understand?

• Like Like x 1
  21. Nova Wolf Apprentice Engineer

Yikes, that spider. But those planets are beautiful! I can't wait to build a base on one.

22. DakotaShock Trainee Engineer

Ooo, another thing they should add with upcoming planets.... Ladders :pbjt:

• Like Like x 3
  23. Sinbad Senior Engineer

well, I just learned that hyperventilating+drooling=drowning
    that video. wow. these planets are looking awesome. I suspect there are a number of core mechanic changes coming too (the source sleuths have found all sorts of gassey things).
    maybe the engineer wasn't being chased by the spider. maybe the engineer was being followed by the spider. the tamed pet pirate eating spider.
    I'm looking forward to building a base in the middle of a lake and pot shotting spiders on the shore.

• Like Like x 1
  24. heartlessdeath Trainee Engineer

Is anyone else having issues with autopilot randomly turning on?

• Like Like x 1
  25. Thedevistator Senior Engineer

I'll be honest some of these planet pics border on the realistic looking side of things. The landscape detail is incredible.

26. Sinbad Senior Engineer

did you see the fractal branches in the close up of that tree? those are going to look great smashing my windows as I crash land :D

• Like Like x 1
  27. heartlessdeath Trainee Engineer

Behold; We have new bugs!!! And I'm not just referring to ones advertised in the teaser. :p

• Like Like x 1
  28. Thomas_Jefferson Apprentice Engineer

But there is a *real* reason to remove the helmet, which is to work in a pressurized environment without needing to refill suit oxygen. On a planet, even with an oxygen atmosphere, would still require a jetpack to fly (face it, flying will be necessary, especially if you're in a situation where you have too many G's to jump, or multiple G directions), and there is no situation that having no inventory would be advantageous.

The backpack is required in all situations so nothing warrants taking it off, except for an aesthetic appeal for a few. Perhaps an aesthetic mod is what you seek?

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  29. TheEndersWAR Apprentice Engineer

We need them!!

30. Cmdr_Forge Apprentice Engineer

Hahaha. If the assault rifle doesn't work, fire up the jump jets and blow them away with a rocket launcher. After that call in a support vehicle with a missile turret and go huntin' :D

Does anyone know what wrong with the wheels lately? I just tried a completely mod-less map and the wheels still won't drive forward or anything, just rotate in place. I also notice in the control terminal menu that handbrake and other wheel controls appear to be grayed out from the cockpits.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.