Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.105 - Hydrogen thrusters, MP improvements, New battery behavior, Slide doors

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Oct 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Groove Trainee Engineer

please let it be planets, I have a lot of time this WE :D

2. Albee12 Trainee Engineer

Well of course, where else will they test it? But the timing confirms the illuminati so... [​IMG]

3. Thomas_Jefferson Apprentice Engineer

That update is on the planet branch. The word "encryptedmanifests" is one of the locked branches. The branch is called out after that, which is "planets", which is updated frequently. Watch for "automatic" to change. That probably indicates a change that's about to happen to the public branch.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Tynaiden Trainee Engineer

See, so many people getting hyped or speculating on planets and I'm here in the corner with "Mr. AI" and his aspirations, hoping he graduates soon so I can start working on my crazy ambitions for this game (and possibly source-code branch off to a semi-spin-off version of SE should that update to having AI and global scripting).

Not that I am not wanting planets, just looking forward to other things more.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bad_Idea Apprentice Engineer

6. Return of Bob Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  7. Albee12 Trainee Engineer

OMG I JUST DIED FROM THAT :D

8. Thomas_Jefferson Apprentice Engineer

I feel sorry for all the admins every week. Every time they try to post an update, the server is slow as hell because of all the F5ers! The less you F5, the easier, and FASTER they can post the update :eek:ops:

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bruce LeedleLeedleLeedleLee Junior Engineer

Shhhhhh! Don't force it!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Albee12 Trainee Engineer

01.106 is too minor a change for planets... it should really be 9000.666

• Like Like x 2
  12. Legotaz Trainee Engineer

call me dumb but can anyone explain this F5 thing to me cos i cant for the life of me work out what it means

13. k0rd Trainee Engineer

As someone who stalks the steamdb history religiously, I just wanted to assure everybody that the planets and the (now deleted) planettest branches are updated frequently through the week as they work on planets. The update will be copied off of the dev branch. The contents of both are a mystery to us until the update happens.

14. Thomas_Jefferson Apprentice Engineer

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Albee12 Trainee Engineer

F5 refreshes your browser page

• Like Like x 2
  16. AneXus Trainee Engineer

Press the f5 key on your keyboard and observe what happens.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Styles Trainee Engineer

/dev/ is the main development branch - planets and other big features are each developed in their own branches, then merged into the main dev branch when they're compete enough to enter the final stage of testing. As early access players, we might be playing the dev branch, or they could have a release branch that we use while they test and fix bugs in the dev branch...

In other words, the existence of a planets branch only proves that they're working on it (and implies the possibility that they aren't done yet - feature branches are often deleted when no longer needed)

18. 16geley Trainee Engineer

o_O
    Wait so they deleted the section for testing planets, so they are done testing?? o_O

19. JCMais Trainee Engineer

f5 refreshes the current tab/page

20. Return of Bob Trainee Engineer

Test clicking it as a start! :101:

21. Thomas_Jefferson Apprentice Engineer

Same thing as ALT+F4

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. k0rd Trainee Engineer

well, they deleted the 'planettest' branch and made a branch called 'planets', effectively renaming it. it seemed more like housekeeping than anything indicative of progress.

23. tango06 Trainee Engineer

A few weeks back devs said that the more you press f5 on your keyboard, the harder they will work on planets and the sooner they will be released. That's why everyone here is pressing f5 so much. But honestly we should've been f5ing all week if we waned planets to arrive today.

24. JCMais Trainee Engineer

22:37 in Prague already, Keen working till late to get us something.

25. Arid Trainee Engineer

I'm programmer. I do think about Problems, and one of my thought was, that the webserver is the Problem, but thats not so presumable... or the internet connection...

26. Legotaz Trainee Engineer

oh god what have i started................

27. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

I'm still working on my Planet Lander. Just a few more minutes...

28. schneiderdriverp Trainee Engineer

I wonder how many people went right back to the change log page immediately after seeing this post.... Sadly, I must count myself among their numbers.

29. k0rd Trainee Engineer

He got me the first time.

30. Arid Trainee Engineer

I'll go on with F5ing . ..:munch:

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.