Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.106 - Pistons performance improvements, Bugfixes

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by George.Mamakos, Oct 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Artemis40A4 Trainee Engineer

Yes large ship batteries are the same with biger out/input and storage.
    You can actually calcualte the howl thing a little faster. Thats why companies introduced the Wh unit. If you have 1.08 MWh and an output of 4.32MW you can simply divide the two.

time till depleded = 1.08MWh / 4.32MW = 0.25h = 15min

Be carefull if the prefixes (Mega, Kilo ...) are the same.

to ALL:
    I have a question if this is a bug: I can not shut down the remote contoroll or the Cryochamber. The Cryochamber says it is not powered but I can not activate or deactivate it. Same for all cockpits but I assume this is planed

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  2. saxmo Apprentice Engineer

Well, it's the day before patchmas. I am looking forward to what ever comes tomorrow. Weather it be planets, bug fixes or new blocks and features. I just hope it doesn't work me out as late as last thurday.

We got 930 replies to the last forum. Was that because more people were online for that one or because there was more time before the e release? Maybe both.

3. Masked Death Apprentice Engineer

The cryochamber has no on/off switch. It's probably like that so you can't just switch off the chambers and murder your whole crew in their sleep :p

4. slr321 Trainee Engineer

looking forward to Patchmas really hope theyve sorted out refinaries and Arc Furnace - but what I really need is help with the Batteries - as they said in the update (from what I gather) is you can now charge and use at the same time (like your everyday smartphone) which really would make my life better for my base. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick!

5. Artemis40A4 Trainee Engineer

And what is with the remote controll do they only draw energy when used? The chambers actually make sence.

@slr321: In theory the batteries work now as the one in your smartphone. BUT they don't. Last time I checked they somehow do not use all the available power or even discharge when there is enought solar power. Or lets say they do not always do that. And the best was that if there is more than one it is possible that they try to charge eachother creating effectiffly a fast way to drain them all.

6. OneGamingLane Trainee Engineer

New to the forums, but not to SE. Finally decided to register. I am very excited with the direction Keen is taking with the recent changes. I am very eager to start building on planets, and can't wait to see those space bugs up close. However, I'm stuck with a lot of you waiting for some bug fixing, so I can resume playing. It is the best of times, it is the worst of times...

So that's it. Nice to meet you all.

• Like Like x 1
  7. saxmo Apprentice Engineer

I can't wait to throw some ships at planets and see what happens. Or try out an orbital bombardment cannon. "Slag rain wasn't on the forces, wad it?" "There goes the neighborhood, ( I really want to play with nukes now)

8. OneGamingLane Trainee Engineer

I thought to myself, I finally have a purpose for all that stone... As a kinetic weapon from orbit :)

9. saxmo Apprentice Engineer

Check yourube. One of the earliest big builds was a huge gravity cannon that lobbed a slider of stones as long as a ship at a several layer heavy armor target. The stones did a shrapnel effect inside the armor creating initial and secondary damage. Sure the damage was extremely lagged but the destruction on a planet could possibly do the same thing. Leave the surface intact, but flack the hell out of the spiders.

10. MeisterKeen Trainee Engineer

Hear-hear!

There's too much bitching about this or that breaking and "Keen is a bunch of untalented dildos"

I'm still having a blast playing with the new doors and the new thrusters. Come on guys, if something in Survival is a little broken just go design something in Creative.

I come to this forum to find ideas and news -- yes, tell us your experiences (good or bad), but let's quit badmouthing the devs, okay? I just don't want to see that in this forum.

I swear, if I were a game dev I'd have my forum mods just delete and ban the bad-mouthers and their crap. Sure, report what's broken and discus issues, but the minute it gets to bad-mouthing my dev team, you're gone. Freedom of speech is one thing but you don't get to be a dick in MY HOUSE.

Survival is working okay for me right now, though I haven't been using my reefers much as I've got piles and piles of refined ores already. Mostly I've been in Creative mode designing my ideal capital ship.

She's glorious. 155 meters long, uses a mix of ion and hydrogen thrust, has a full hangar bay and functional drone fabber. Also, I've built some torpedos that are scary effective. They wreck ships too effectively, doesn't leave any loot. Still, built in a small torpedo bay, so my cap ship has a complement of 6 torpedos to go with its fighters and bombers.

I'm having tons of fun, guys.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. BANDIT Apprentice Engineer

this game is my fav at the moment! i play hours in creative to build my ship better every day! with the timeblocks and sensors you really can create amazing logical systems.

if survival is broken....fool around a bit. you can create insane stuff in creative mode:D

12. Leaping Tortoise Apprentice Engineer

I hope they fix refineries not refining. That would be swell. I recently started up in survival for the first time in ages and the refinery thing was a bummer.

13. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Merry Patchmas everyone! I am sure the Hype Train will be boarding shortly.... :)

14. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

It is PATCH DAY!

[​IMG]

15. slr321 Trainee Engineer

@Artemis40A4: Thanks for letting me know as I thought I was going mad but for now I have had to turn my batteries off as they were just charging each other rather than being a useful power supply. Lets hope they get round to fixing it at some point in the near future.

16. Wisest Man Alive Trainee Engineer

Nice, we gonna get another mocker-trailer today!

17. Big C Trainee Engineer

nice we get another whiner today

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  19. kofer99 2 Trainee Engineer

Hype Train rolling into Station please get ready for boarding.

20. vymasteny_pankac Apprentice Engineer

21. Peavy Trainee Engineer

Alright guys, turn the hype train off. It's just going to get derailed and everyone is going to whine about it not being planets.
    Pfft, who needs bug fixes?

22. AdmObir Apprentice Engineer

Power overloaded, shields at maximum, emergency generators are on standby. Security teams are at their stations, engineering reports that F5 is armed and ready.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. Pro3Display Apprentice Engineer

Bro, do you even read

24. 3vil_Luigi Apprentice Engineer

ok, hypestation is manned, HypeOS is booting up... is everbody safely aboard the hype train and ready to depart? because the hype train is about to accelerate to Hype 3 and
    [​IMG]
    choo choo motherfuckers

• Like Like x 1
  25. BANDIT Apprentice Engineer

26. yx33a Trainee Engineer

Update day!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  27. grant.ivy Apprentice Engineer

I have a feeling the update will be about rotors

28. grant.ivy Apprentice Engineer

Also on their stream from a couple weeks ago, they did hint at the fact that something about water would be talked about later?

29. V_quinha Trainee Engineer

As opposed to "soon"? :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  30. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

HAL will be most displeased.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.