Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.106 - Pistons performance improvements, Bugfixes

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by George.Mamakos, Oct 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. taikodragon Trainee Engineer

HAL would instead shut-off power to the separate grids that the cryochambers are on and accomplish murdering the crew.

2. PsychoJohn1971 Trainee Engineer

LOL! your wrote "rotors" and I read "rumors".

• Like Like x 1
  3. Artemis40A4 Trainee Engineer

4. Sir_Moodz Apprentice Engineer

ME update was at 3AM, no need to start the F5 war yet

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Arid Trainee Engineer

I duno see a soon. So what's the point ?

6. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

One less pin? COOL!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Irish286 Apprentice Engineer

I'm gunna go with both.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Galaxy Wing Fury Five reporting for F5 Frontline Duty.

• Like Like x 2
  9. k0rd Trainee Engineer

Calling it - today will be the best patch ever.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. KidChaos Trainee Engineer

Hoping they fix the refinerys, as of now im sitting on about 40 mil ore and my components running low, lol.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. whatsupgold Trainee Engineer

I found a work around it, scrap the refinery and build a new one and it works.

12. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

You can set some timers with welders, grinders and a projector to make this autonomous.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. KidChaos Trainee Engineer

I scrapped them, i turned them upside down, everything, they simply refuse to work unless i make a save, exit SE and reload, which in my case will take about 15-20 minutes.
    So i rather prefer them fixed once and for all :)

14. Soulthule Apprentice Engineer

Don't worry no planets. With the performance increases I would be thrilled with just having the almost a dozen bugs they introduced in survival from the last patch(s) fixed:

Update: I have been dropping this in for a few weeks on change log day and like to see the changes they have added and what they actually broke before that has been corrected along with the new changes:

-H2 not filling suit jet pack (Backspace has been our friend) - 11/5 - Not Fixed
    -Doors on every station and ship open upon entering the server - Fixed yah!
    -Exploding thrusters - 11/5 - its been quiet so I am calling this fixed. yah!
    -Drones and cargo ships spawn rates drastically increased in frequency and number, and spawning on top of each other which increases the drones that attack(we had waves and waves of them attacking and destroying players ships) - 11/5 - Not Fixed
    -Spawn in screen shows 3 to 4 times the same spawn med stations over and over - 11/5 - Not Fixed (Although could just be my DS)
    -Logging in from a cryo chamber causes a crash - 11/5 Fixed yah!
    -Can't place certain blocks even though the placing sound and green outline shows as a legal place. 11/5 Fixed yah!
    -Asteroids disappearing from your view the closer you get. Even though you don't see them they are still there - several players lost ships. - 11/5 Partially Fixed - DX9 issues
    -Dedicated server crashing at least once everyday through the same exception error. - 11/5 - Not Fixed
    -Drills horribly broken causing server/client wide unplayability (Still not fixed so this isn't from last week but 4 weeks ago) - 11/5 - Not Fixed
    -Refineries - Not refining unless you restart the server, however if you make a change to the order of ores its stops again - 11/5 Not Fixed
    -Repeating damage effect sounds upon logging in - 11/5 Not fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Codebender Apprentice Engineer

Last week I projected a 33% chance of the update of planets.
    TODAY HOWEVER
    I project a 35% chance.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. 3vil_Luigi Apprentice Engineer

Now I would like to see the mathematical function supporting your projection :D
    Or is it more like "THERE ARE TRIANGLES! PLANETS/ILLUMINATI/HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED"?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. whatsupgold Trainee Engineer

I project a 0% chance in planets. I quit believing in the planet update, and the teaser videos just make me mad. Why show us if your not going to release it. It was cool for the first one but not every patch release. just tell us the we are working on the planet update and will release when we think it has most of the bugs out of it.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  18. Codebender Apprentice Engineer

yes

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. Peavy Trainee Engineer

A lot of people (like myself) actually enjoy seeing the teasers. Be happy they are working on them, they didn't even plan to have planets at first

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. 3vil_Luigi Apprentice Engineer

they, as a company, have to get a hype train started, otherwise not so many people would buy the game. i just settled for a simple calculation: time I can start hoping for planets = time I actually started hoping * time I think it realistically * 5
    and in numbers: time I can start hoping for planets = 1week * 4-ish months * 5

21. 3vil_Luigi Apprentice Engineer

waaaaaait. i presented two options and you answered with yes. and don't you dare answering on this with yes too! :p

• Like Like x 2
  22. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Eeeeeh, i dunno. I'd be surprised if anyone who isn't a fan already knows about Planets being a thing. SE is still kind of a niche title.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. TenTonBlue Trainee Engineer

3 Months ago = Planets! awesome, they'll be ready when they're ready.
    1 1/2 Months ago = Planets!, Teasers!, "Soon"!.. omg planets I cant wait.. spiders... new thrusters.. look at the landscape omg its so beautlakdm *Head Explodes*
    Now = Planets... They'll be ready when they're ready.

Pretty sure 90% of the hype created has died. Evidence is in the number of people that are here on patch day. Much quieter now than it was a couple weeks ago.

I've been trying to hold off playing until planets release, but a few days ago I gave up and started playing again, honestly I would just be happy if they fix the refineries and assemblers so I don't have to reload my game every time I come back from a mining trip.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  24. Codebender Apprentice Engineer

if you want to see my calculations
    A= Number of teaser videos
    B= Time passed (months)
    C= Hype speculation additive
    (A/B)+C = Current projection...
    Give or take some form of BS I come up with for Patchmas.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  25. 3vil_Luigi Apprentice Engineer

you're kinda right... still, they need something as their "flagship" so new people get attracted to it and the old players see that something is, in fact going on. (some people start to loose faith quickly)

• Like Like x 1
  26. 3vil_Luigi Apprentice Engineer

either i am the only one, or hype hasn't died. in fact, i think hype has gotten more. also: when did it become more quiet? did you see last patch? most comments and views since a LONG time (if not most overall, i dont know right now)

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Rewl Trainee Engineer

Patches just arent on time anymore... that's why less ppl are around on patch day.. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  28. omega sniper Trainee Engineer

I'm still hyped

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. Rewl Trainee Engineer

i use to have a server running. it restarted around 6 (amsterdam time) and it would get the patch most of the times on this restart.. lately patches come late in the evening or later ...

30. Codebender Apprentice Engineer

also, can someone tell me how to put my Steam ID under my profile pic like: 3vil_Luigi

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.