Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.106 - Pistons performance improvements, Bugfixes

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by George.Mamakos, Oct 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. 3vil_Luigi Apprentice Engineer

you do so every time ;) dont think you can hide >: D

edit: i really should start doing my work, seeing that i encountered the cooldown on comments for the first time (apparently you can only write a comment every 30 seconds)

• Like Like x 1
  2. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

Is everyone on the train?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Harven Trainee Engineer

No planet today in my opinion because:

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Actually i think that cooldown is normal, i believe the Restricted Mode cooldown is a minute.

5. 3vil_Luigi Apprentice Engineer

still, i haven't encountered it before, which kind of tells a whole lot about my working attitude right now :p

6. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

Chances of planets today? I'm really really really trying to not get excited or hopeful just so its so much sweeter if it comes out

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Of course by saying Planets Today..every patchmas...you are bound to get it right...eventually!! :woot:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Codebender Apprentice Engineer

time to speculate on how "Liquid" water will work.
    My Current idea is that its just a voxel, that can move on the voxel grid according to gravity (and compact down to make lakes and stuff smooth looking)
    Another idea was that it was a waterline and can adapt to the voxels, and still be able to drain.

9. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

Your logic cannot be doubted.

10. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Devon_v Senior Engineer

I love that:
    A) People in India are allowed to do that and
    B) People in India can do that without killing themselves.

I wanna ride on the outside of a train...

12. 3vil_Luigi Apprentice Engineer

i dont think they can do it as voxel, to be exact, i dont really think it can be done as a voxel altogether, because:
    if i remember correctly, voxel means that an object isn't referenced to the global coordinates (which is the way minecraft did it i think), but to the object next to it, or maybe a "landmark" (something like the middle of a chunk if speaking in minecraft terms). and i dont really think this is possible to do with voxels, because water is way too dynamic and not only changing position, but also splashing and "deforming" (as in, the blobb of water deforms) when pouring down a hill for example.
    then again, this is only based on what i think about this, i actually have no clue how one could program water/how it is done in other games

EDIT: the only thing i know for sure is, if we get liquid water, the game will be SO full of bugs for quite a while :woot:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. theuros Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]

Don't expect to get planets in SE, because all of them will be smaller than pluto.. and pluto is not a plannet!

14. Codebender Apprentice Engineer

You have 2 minutes to take that back...

TOO LATE
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. 3vil_Luigi Apprentice Engineer

NO! the Kamikaze F5ighters are supposed to be aimed against the forum, not live targets :O

16. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

Heads up!

17. TenTonBlue Trainee Engineer

You do realize you just said, if you're hyped everyone is, that or no one is. That's silly. Also the reason why there is a comment record is because of how long the last patch took to come out. More comments is not directly relational to how much anticipation there is. Trying to quantify it like that is also silly.

My point was just I want refineries fixed. Planets would be great, but I'm past the excitement phase and it appears that a lot of other people are too, even if you don't fall into that category.

18. Codebender Apprentice Engineer

its just a missile...calm down......We didn't waste any drones on the blasphemer.
    That would be too expensive.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

I'm hyped. We've had or were about to get a few good games and with Planets on top...there isn't enough time in the day!!!

20. 3vil_Luigi Apprentice Engineer

oh, a close one.
    this would have been such a waste

21. SidDark Trainee Engineer

Is that the new forum feature to neturlise the F5 army?

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. Darkicus Trainee Engineer

Water is not impossible... but for Space Engineers, probably not possible. There isn't enough performance budget available, right?

23. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

Pretty! Yeah probably not enough power or preformance, some day we might get it though and then we'll have to escape sinking ships, build submarines maybe? Aqua Engineers!

24. Legotaz Trainee Engineer

remember remember the fifth of november............... could the prophecy be true ? could today be the day we NEVER FORGET ! ! !

• Like Like x 1
  25. 3vil_Luigi Apprentice Engineer

where did i say " if you're hyped everyone is, that or no one is"? even though english is not my mother tongue im pretty sure that nowhere in my comment this is said. also: "because of how long the last patch took to come out" nope. the update came late, yes. but it was not the latest update ever released, and i dare to say that nearly 400 comments and 50 000 views more than the patch before, which released about the same time does speak a rather clear language.
    regarding the bugs i have to agree with you, they are super annoying and often dont get fixed for long

26. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

A Day which will have even more meaning for me!

27. Legotaz Trainee Engineer

how so?

28. SidDark Trainee Engineer

You will indeed never forget!!!

The moment the disappointment hit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  29. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

I'm British, the whole Guy fawkes thing....

• Like Like x 1
  30. Legotaz Trainee Engineer

no no my friend, THAT comes every thursday for the last 6 weeks..........

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.