Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.107 - Space Master mode, Building from cockpit, Bugfixes

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Nov 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Vicizlat Apprentice Engineer

Did anyone notice that Cryo Chambers now have inventories? Same as Cockpits, Flight Seats and Control Stations.
    Now I may understand how and why a Cockpit might have inventory but for the rest just doesn't make sense.

2. Shabazza Junior Engineer

I get an "invalid depot config" error upon trying to update the game via steam to 01.107.
    How can I fix this?

Nevermind. Fixed itself after waiting a couple of minutes. DL is running...

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  3. The MoSS 2 Apprentice Engineer

I don't want Hollywood magic fighter, I just think it needs to be balanced so making small ships (affordable starting ships) is not about waiting on platinum and spamming thrusters. I don't mind hard game, but it must be fun, not dull grinding and waiting. Traveling between asteroids in snail speed is not fun either. As DEV's said, they want small ships to be more maneuverable than large ships. Last inertial dampeners ratio 3:1 was good balance in my opinion, I'd like it to be achieveable without stronger dampeners, mods or too much thrusters. H2 would be fine, but tank is too big yet too weak and ice consumption is quite horrifying. 3x3 H2 tank with larger capacity and less ice consumption would do it, but then getting out of planet might be too easy. Less mass for small ships - cargo mass / ship mass ratio too high. Game balancing is tricky job.

Last time I started on sole survivor map, I had no gold nearby so I had to use hydrogen. I wasn't able to build a ship that could mine asteroids with no ice on it. Little tap and all the hydrogen was just gone. Stockpiling hydrogen to get off planet is fine by me, doing it so I can mine a little bit ore is not.

4. Pontiac Apprentice Engineer

I'm fully aware that VOIP control in games has been around for ever, and every game that has ever implemented it that I've played has been complete crap compared to specialized software like TS3, Skype and such. No quality control (As I mentioned in previous post), no volume control on a per-person basis, "Radio" vs "CD" quality on either input our output, or any other of the 'nice things to have'. Then again, "Radio" quality would have been about the best back in the days of 5meg DSL lines were "cutting edge".

Not to mention, to the best of my knowledge, Keen has never implemented any type of VOIP system, which is going to be developed by their own devices, which is going to cause more 'distraction' from the already existing bugs, issues, and irritations the game has been exposing since the planets implementation has started up. So not only is Keen going to have to deal with the already present lighting bug with all lights, recurring issues with O2 and H and piping, and the untouched bugs with remote control and autopilot that have existed from 102, and not to mention the whole [LOD/Invisible/Newtonian-fluid type] of asteroids there by creating mining issues, visual glitches, and other irritation, I seriously doubt adding audio as a "quick thing to add" is going to even be a worth while event that is going to cause even more hysteria in the Bugs forum. "Cool factor" maybe. It was "cool" when they added autopilot. It was "cool" when they implemented DX11. Both of those have now been broken for many releases, now they want to add MORE things that'll break and then go untouched for months because something new and "cool" is in the pipeline?

I'm not screaming alpha vs beta vs release, but this is becoming more and more of a boiler plate of issues where stuff is just going to get put into a pile and never get fixed, or when it gets fixed, it'll finally get looked at after release, maybe, or it'll become similar to the Spacebase DF-9 fiasco where too many things are broken, it'll get released, then forgotten about.

All I want is a game I can play, and ultimately, SE has started to become more and more of a game I CAN'T play because of above mentioned bugs. I love the game, I've soaked 640+ hours into it (Took a break due to a new Minecraft world capturing my interest) since I bought it Apr 15, 2014, 99% of it in survival mode, but all of this "feature creep" needs to stop. I'm going to laugh my ass off to the grave when I find out assemblers only work when you have PTT turned on.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. Tigerstripe Apprentice Engineer

I like the new thruster sounds on small ships, and the loss of inertial dampening boosts on all ships is an interesting and challenging change... but I do think that change should have been mentioned in the video, especially since a previous update video said that small ships would be retaining their dampening bonus thrust.

I'm also liking the many new HUD elements and tweeks.

I'm still compiling a list of current bugs, to help your developers out. I hope they prove useful in nailing down the loose bits. Cheers!

6. Mazrix Trainee Engineer

Yes. This destroyed a couple of my earlier designs with extra wide wheels, and it now keeps getting shot at by every turret in the vicinity due to the outer wheels randomly popping off.

Can we get an official answer to why this change was made, and a date for the change's removal. It's bad.

7. Sagi Apprentice Engineer

is it not more practical and clear to new players as well to have the build mode in a cockpit defined with a checkbox rather then pressing ctrl+g?
    then you can also hotkey it in your toolbar.
    p.s. since i have the real game breaking asteroid bug it is very hard to near impossible to mine an asteroid. is the distance for placing a block in survival also alot further away from you compared to the space suit building?

8. Space Oscar Trainee Engineer

The Space Master Mod is Awesome but we need to have the name/information on the player/ship we are spying on, i see a lot of bad things on my DS but i can't kick Griefers or Players if i don't have their name.

9. MontyTheGreat Trainee Engineer

I think the space master was originally intended for trash/debris removal. At least, that's how I'm using it for. I got amazed for the amount of debris generated from a 2-5 minute minning operation (a 2 drill small ship), so that's no surprise that the game gets laggy after the mining.

10. MontyTheGreat Trainee Engineer

Yes, I was meaning the mined rocks. I'm not having the ussually ups drops fortunately (maybe 'cause last patchmas performances improvement :D), so there's no problem for me (locked at 60 ups on an AMD FX-6100 machine). I just was pointing that the amount of rocks generated could be of concern for DS and SP running on lower end machines (old toasters, for example :p).

And while I was playing with the teleport command, I found the ninja asteroids issue, so the problem is the procedure-creation / loading time, vs rendering times (at least that's my guest).

11. Dreokor Senior Engineer

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. MontyTheGreat Trainee Engineer

Well, time to start building a flagship :D

13. Covertkiller70 Trainee Engineer

DO THEY EVEN KNOW FALLOUT4 COMES OUT THIS WEEK 2?!
    Thats it, Im faking my death for a month to play both...

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Peavy Trainee Engineer

We've come a long way for this. Everyone! Begin boarding the planetary cruisers, we must colonize!

• Like Like x 2
  15. MontyTheGreat Trainee Engineer

OMG!!! The Hype Countdown has started!!!

16. Clunas Junior Engineer

And so it begins.. This needs to reach 100 pages before the patch

17. Cthulhu616 Trainee Engineer

ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Cmdr_Forge Apprentice Engineer

I hope we get the new thrusters by then too. going to be a challenge getting good VTOL's without em.

19. ProfessorFalken Apprentice Engineer

Its official... they don't want me to sleep. Now to figure out how to split my time between this and fallout 4

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. OneGamingLane Trainee Engineer

Geez I didn't want to design new ships and vehicles for planets in fear of becoming too hyped, but now the release is two days away. I have many regrets :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. Wanderduene Apprentice Engineer

Teaservideos, Countdown... this week definitly is planets time!

:pbjt::pbjt::pbjt: HYPE-Train preparing for HYPERjump!!! :pbjt::pbjt::pbjt:

• Like Like x 1
  22. Ribs Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]
    Well then...

• Like Like x 1
  23. Drivenbydiamond Trainee Engineer

I really hope they add an option for inertial dampeners. I've lost several ships because of the lack of dampening, and it's really giving me a rash. But in other news, MOTHER F*CKING PLANETS!

24. MontyTheGreat Trainee Engineer

I completely understand the new dampening system makes navigation tricky, but if you crash so often, wouldn't you consider changing your piloting habits?

25. saxmo Apprentice Engineer

As if they didn't build up the hype any more, they had to put a count down clock. What the hell?

• Like Like x 1
  26. Drivenbydiamond Trainee Engineer

I'm still dialing it in. I usually play with speed mods. With the old system, I could turn on my dampeners about 1500m away going 500m/s and come to a full stop with a a few hundred meters to spare. Now when I turn on the dampeners, I don't slow down in time, and my ship isn't maneuverable enough to swerve out of the way because of the dampening overhaul.

27. MontyTheGreat Trainee Engineer

It's common sense to start slowing down as you reach your objective: I seriously doubt someone would likely park his/her car travelling at 100 km/h and at 100 meters from the spot :D
    By the way, you can actually change the speed limits on the Enviroment.sbc file. It will save you the pain of adding a mod ;)

28. Clunas Junior Engineer

If you pull a 180 degree turn, you can make full use of your forward thrusters as brakes. Really helps to stop ships that were designed using the old dampener behavior

29. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

Probably a bug.

30. OmEgA_StOrM Apprentice Engineer

I see it already, when this countdown reaches zero this forum will explode because everybody is reloading the page at the same time :woot:

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.