Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.107 - Space Master mode, Building from cockpit, Bugfixes

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Nov 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. DMATH Trainee Engineer

"Help me admin i was trying to build an spaceship out of wood but it didn't work, can you pick me up? I don't want to be stranded on a planet any more"

Admin "Nope" (Begins spectating player)

Admin "But i will watch you for the next 3 hours trying tho"

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Peavy Trainee Engineer

New scenario: You must build a rocket to get off the planet

I hope there will be a block (eventually) that will allow us to get hydrogen from a planets atmosphere

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kyton Trainee Engineer

Does anyone from Keen look at the Technical Support forum? We've got people reporting games not working, but no one responding.
    My game no longer loads!
    Feeling hung out to dry here.

4. Sagi Apprentice Engineer

If dampeners lack of extra thrust gives you trouble you have 3 options:
    -reduce the power to back thrusters so you wouldn't speed up that fast.
    -built way more forward thruters so you can break faster.
    -re-learn to fly and fly into alot of things while learning.

i flied my crafts to into bases and asteroids but i understand the previous system was a bit cheaty.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kiranavara Trainee Engineer

I have a feeling it's a feature that Oxygen vents will be able to suck in Hydrogen and Oxygen from an atmosphere. It just makes plausible sense. I guess we'll see

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Peavy Trainee Engineer

I could see that happen, it'd be really nice. I'd imagine mining for ice on a planet would be a really hard task so there should have to be some sort of alternative

7. Appw0905 Trainee Engineer

Does anyone know what that counter on the fourms is for?

8. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

9. Artemis40A4 Trainee Engineer

I actually see no reason why. For that the atmosphere would need to have hydrogen of some kind. And only gas giants have something like it. But maybe in SE the mars gets a hydrogen atmosphere. ^^ They could use somehting similar to pump water if it becomes fluid.
    The mining part I do not realy see a problem there. In diffrence to other resources is that ice is on the surface. The others according to the lifestream will be a little bit harder to find in the first place and then you need to dig down.

10. MeisterKeen Trainee Engineer

This. Definitely.

I actually really like the 1:1 ratio of thrust to dampening. It IS getting me into trouble, I'm breaking things while I re-learn to fly (especially large ships -- I never realized just how much I was screwing myself over with weak forward thrust), but I AM learning, and I really like the fact that the game is no longer holding my hand in this.

I think that part of the reason for this may be the problem of small ships landing on planets. If you can decelerate too easily, there's no challenge in landing and little risk in taking off.

It's another problem to solve, which is exactly what we want in an engineering game. You get more skilled as a pilot, or you come up with an engineering solution.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. k0rd Trainee Engineer

Under a day left for the forums to be brought to their knees by f5ighters

• Like Like x 1
  12. Peavy Trainee Engineer

If we can't extract hydrogen from an atmosphere then we'd better hope a icy biome is nearby

13. zDeveloper10 Junior Engineer

14. Wanderduene Apprentice Engineer

Oh my god!!! *screamlikeagirl*

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. DMATH Trainee Engineer

Why is their a bunch of black guys wearing red sweaters and dancing around my screen? Singing?

It stopped, i think i have gone insane

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Cmdr_Forge Apprentice Engineer

Lol. Man I hope I can get my mammoth vehicle done in time tomorrow, still working on how to shape the control room and then need to finish the upper back area behind the main gun. Didn't get the firebase done in time yet but at least I might have a MCV to travel in with some hogs locked down in the vehicle bay.

17. MontyTheGreat Trainee Engineer

16 hours to finish my capitol ship... Challenge accepted :D

18. Kiranavara Trainee Engineer

Uh, the way the in game script stuff works, it works off of (though oddly enough it's not scientifically capable of working like this) Raw oxygen vs raw Hydrogen. So how it works now is it splits ice off into 2p Hydrogen and 1p Oxygen....There's Hydrogen AND oxygen in the air we breathe right now. So essentially it's the same as converting ice. So I don't see a reason it wouldn't work. However I like that they dumbed down the mechanics to make it more fun and less simulation-eske in that department.

19. » Bilky Trainee Engineer

I think it actually works a little differently than that. X ice will produce 1 part H or 1 part O, (or 1/2 of each or whatever). Basically, ice is used in a direct conversion and no byproducts are produced from refining either or (i.e. if a generator uses X ice to produce 1 O unit, it won't additionally produce 1 H unit).

Source:
    You are using your ice to either produce oxygen, hydrogen or both oxygen and hydrogen. Meaning 100 kg of ice, will either be used to make ~900 units of hydrogen, ~900 units of oxygen or ~450 units of oxygen and ~450 units of hydrogen. Depending on what type of gas container the oxygen generator has access to, connecting both a hydrogen tank and a oxygen tank will split them evenly.

20. schneiderdriverp Trainee Engineer

Simulate All Locally is only for servers (your computer is already simulating everything in a local game) It is used for debugging on a server for people who know how to do that kind of thing. AND it is very likely to crash even a higher end computer on a large server because it makes your computer load everything that is going on everywhere on the server instead of just what is in rendering distance.

21. Artemis40A4 Trainee Engineer

The last offical statement was that all water is solid. So where you see water you can get hydrogen. But yes if you drop down in a dessert you may be in for a long ride to get your fuel. But they have atmospheric thrusters as well so to move on the planet you don´t need hydrogen.

22. druppi Apprentice Engineer

my gaga

23. The MoSS 2 Apprentice Engineer

In my opinion, hydrogen from atmosphere would be bad thing. Hydrogen supply is limited for a reason and infinite hydrogen source would kick some gameplay decisions out of the game. Also, if you're thinking about Earthlike atmosphere, there would be about 0.000055% of H2 in it. For planets without atmosphere or moons, there would be still no way of getting H2 without ice.

Give planets a month, maybe there won't be any problem.

24. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  25. Martinineter Senior Engineer

I think we should start early today, assemble the planetary invasion ships! Load the nuclear F5 planet busters, we will bring them down with more F5 than ever before. We shall not tremble, we shall be victorious, no matter the cost! All ships, jump to sector 01.108 and prepare your F5 shuttles for planetdrop. ETA 7 hours. Recon F5 fleet, scout ahead, we have to be prepared for this one.....

• Like Like x 2
  26. DMATH Trainee Engineer

I cant wait to spilt a planet in two and melt my pc in the proccess

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  27. OmEgA_StOrM Apprentice Engineer

6hr 45min
    Ohhhhh

28. mrdavidbrown Trainee Engineer

Carlton hahahahahaha

29. Daniel Daniel Trainee Engineer

Hy,
    I am new
    Where is the button to download the admintools
    mfg Iceman

30. Kiranavara Trainee Engineer

Everyone loves Carlton~ :woot:

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.