Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.107 - Space Master mode, Building from cockpit, Bugfixes

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Nov 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. schneiderdriverp Trainee Engineer

typically, my friends and I do a fair portion of mining at the end of our session and then I restart the server once we all log off. refineries will start processing the ore that is in them until more is added or the order is changed.

2. Lrj52 Apprentice Engineer

Medieval engineers has it, and they said SE would get it in the future but they wanted to flesh it out a bit more.

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. crazyrobban Apprentice Engineer

Omg... Are they really implementing the VOIP I've been moaning about in the spec threads for over a year? :eek:
    It's.. it's so beautiful!

4. PhoenixTheSage Junior Engineer

As a server admin, I can assure you, this is not the case. Maybe 10% of players ever get on third party VOIP like our TS despite it being advertised.

5. jown7676 Trainee Engineer

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. PhoenixTheSage Junior Engineer

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MegaMick Trainee Engineer

This update is amazing!!
    Loved the Admin tools so much... *_*

Please keep improving on these Admin tools!!
    They may not feel like they're adding much to the game, but have no doubt: They are necessary for the multiplayer servers to work without frequent resets that upset the players!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Belazzz Trainee Engineer

Almost there™

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. Phlunder Trainee Engineer

I still hope for a refinery hotfix tomorrow... :)

10. Smoo Apprentice Engineer

Please this. It's like the asteroids are rendering multiple LODs, and it looks like I'm flying through rock half the time.

11. DivineWrath Junior Engineer

Interesting. You can now build from a cockpit. A prerequisite includes having the required items on the conveyor network, and the cockpit to be a part of that network. Any possibility for having a different block for placing blocks? Just in case you have a few ships where you try to protect the cockpit, or where you already have a cockpit that is in a poor location to take advantage of this new feature?

If you dislike flying about in a space suit, this now allows you to do just about everything without leaving the cockpit. Is there anything left that you can't do?

Its unfortunate that remote control blocks can't place blocks. However, that might be a side effect of not having any ports to the conveyor network. A new block for that might be nice though. I don't want to worry about huge remote blocks on my small ships, especially those that already use the small variety.

Edit:
    Can you use the master tools in an off line game that you play by yourself?

12. PsychoJohn1971 Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  13. Phlunder Trainee Engineer

Sooner than you think™

:p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. schneiderdriverp Trainee Engineer

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say it has more to do with the fact that only an engineer is able to place blocks... The engineer is in the cockpit but not IN the remote control block. A camera is just a POV reference since the engineer is actually elsewhere.

15. Me 10 Jin Apprentice Engineer

A week ago, I was pretty psyched to get back into SE by playing solo survival with all hostiles, then I was unpleasantly surprised by the crippled refineries. However, I had ARK: Fear Evolved to sustain my thirst for danger. I was truly hoping the refineries would be fixed today, but it's good to know KEEN is giving the issue priority.

16. Coolz8 Trainee Engineer

That should be sufficient for the pungineers thread.

On another note, brilliant features and refinery fix

17. Alienapocolypse2 Trainee Engineer

Has the issues with Refineries, and Assemblers been fixed? Issues like machines registering ass cargo, and refineries mysteriously stopping for no reason? the only machine that is registering properly, is the oxygen Generator.

18. Methlon Trainee Engineer

Wait a second... The drills on mining ships seems to be working differently.. slower, and more clunky, as though the rocks I've shattered are striking about as they are knocked about... annd... aaaannddd... IT'S NOT CRASHING MY SYSTEM ANYMOREHOLYSHIT!!! I CAN PLAY AGAIN! I CAN PLAY AGAIN!! WOOOHOO!! I HAVE THREE WEEKS OF CATCHING UP TO DO!! WOOOOO!!!!!! *Jumps up from his chair and knocks himself out on the ceiling.*

• Like Like x 5
  19. Udrakan Apprentice Engineer

Why add new features when there are "priority bugs", as you say it? Doesn't seem like a priority for me, if new stuff is added. How about focusing on making the game playable without such major bugs as the refinery bug before making new stuff that has the potential to be bugged too?

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. VenomBG Trainee Engineer

Building from cockpit - purely awesome.
    Walkie talkies with distortion effect... oooh, baby , i've been waiting for this one :D Hope they would be antenna range affected! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. OmEgA_StOrM Apprentice Engineer

nice update

just a question is this building from the cockpit just for admins or for everybody

if it is for everybody I would prefer a "construction/ placing block"

22. schneiderdriverp Trainee Engineer

Perhaps they just weren't able to find out where the bug is just yet. Would you rather have no update at all? There is a lot of code they have to search through and some bugs just don't jump off the screen at you... As I've learned from experience.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. OneAmongOthers Apprentice Engineer

Honestly building from the cockpit seems cumbersome and sluggish. I would still prefer laying blocks in my suit and then use a welding ship to build it. The suit will always be more precise and practical. The in ship is just asking for accidents and things blowing up.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  24. Coolz8 Trainee Engineer

Did he just literally say "we're almost there"?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  25. Methlon Trainee Engineer

Yes. And they also see you.

26. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

I think the train just went through the fourth wall.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  27. Styles Trainee Engineer

I had no idea that I was using any of those tools - thanks for letting me know. I thought I was just using text chat this entire time, but if you assert that everyone is doing it, I must be doing it (or you're wrong, which is a common occurrence when you attempt to speak on behalf of thousands of people you've never met)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Thales M. Senior Engineer

There are changes which is not mentioned such as:

- Improved sounds
    - Intertia dampeners fix for small ships

29. anders w Apprentice Engineer

Great stuff guys. And I'm not even at home :rolleyes:

30. Belazzz Trainee Engineer

Just jumped into the game, and here is what I have noticed so far (besides what was already mentioned):
    • Asteroid LOD rendering on DX9 - still not fixed.
    • Remote control autopilot problem - FIXED!
    • Different sound for footsteps, jetpack and thrusters.
    • Inertia dampening on small ships now seems to work the same way as on large ships (does not give extra thrust).
    • Mining feels a lot slower, but in a beneficial way: you get more ore by digging out the same volume of asteroid.
    The last one I'm actually not sure about, I may just be hallucinating.

UPD:
    • Disappearing interaction box - appears fixed as well.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    • Informative Informative x 4
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.