Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.108 - Planets

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

B lets you rotate...same as before. Worked for me. I am having slight issues with which way is up....

Also having a few issues with ore....there doesn;t seem to be any where I have spawned. Don't know how much there is or what sort of density, so I may just start another world to see if I get a bit luckier. Also a bit handicapped by the fact that I seem to need an 02 generator for a rover buggy....even though the world has a breathable atmosphere. Makes it rather urgent that I find ice...or next time I set the lander down where I can see ice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. liamweed Trainee Engineer

My computer is making some disturbing noises on the main menu, not in game on planet with every setting maxed out.... so im gonna try avoid playing until i figure this out.

3. AdmiralTigerclaw Trainee Engineer

Checked my controls.

It's B (Bravo) by default.

Create new station, then B to flatten the block and go from there.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Lukas Designer

Hi FlakMagnet, that is because your cockpit is sealed. You dont need oxygen generator, just vent that will be set to depresurize. This will drain oxygen from outside to inside. Also this works for filling oxygen bottles.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
    • Informative Informative x 6
  5. YesWeCant Trainee Engineer

One BIG salute for Keen and all the awesome people who made this update happen
    Thank you a lot for this and many other updates and congratulations on getting THE best non-cinematic trailer ever done.

6. Thales M. Senior Engineer

Solar eclipse...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  7. Garretenion Trainee Engineer

Epic Game Ever! Thanks Keen

8. g0vernor Apprentice Engineer

The sweat and man hours went into this must have been huge. Hands down the best update ever, insane job Keen. Wow.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. KG1 Trainee Engineer

I found the monolith. You can't grind it down either. Is it a movie reference? I can't remember.

10. KitsuneSamurai Trainee Engineer

Well, look at me, playing right through the update. Totally missed it. Go me. Now I'm just waiting for the update to download on my sucky internet. :D

11. Rolo Kipp Trainee Engineer

B enables station block rotation.

12. diverapo Trainee Engineer

Thank you for your all effort.

13. Auraaa Trainee Engineer

7 Fps. Well, the hype isnt as much as it was for me anymore. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Wanderduene Apprentice Engineer

I had a very low framerate at start, too. But then I changed the graphic preset to "medium" an that helped MUCH :)

15. Ultraxwing Trainee Engineer

I can't even have the graphic preset to LOW. At that point, it just gives me 3 FPS. So DX11 is no good. oh well, i'll wait til' i can afford a real graphic card. That's the problem with this game, it's great and fun, but i can't play it anymore. it was fun these past two years, but i must bid this game farewell.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. NovaCharlie Trainee Engineer

So, First of all: Keen thanks to the whole Team for this awesome update. I've hoped for a long time, this update may come. Ich started auch new craetive "easy start earth" World and I am so excited, i have no words.
    While running on an Acer Aspire V3-772 Notebook from 2013, my fps drops down to 11fps, but who cares? Started the jetpack and flew up to the Sky and the planet looks so damn awesome. Imagine what we now can and will build. I've hoped, the planets was like a quarter of what shown in the teasers, but its more than 1000% better. From now on, game development has reached a new era. And I am damn proud to be a part of a community, which get a Software house like you, keen. What ever may come in future updates, i am sure, that These will only expand our game expirience. Space Engineers was my favorite game, since i bought it one year ago. And now imho it will screw many other games. F*** of Fallout 4 or StarCraft 2 Expansion. From today there are a whole bunch of work for me. Or like some german say: now we have an a** full of work.

Congratulation, keen. But i have one question: how do you celebrate such an update? Its a milestone in game development and I want to say in the history of the game engineering.

PS: Sorry for my bad english, but i am native german and doesn't use english so often.

• Like Like x 1
  17. rottielover Apprentice Engineer

Just got an additional 28.8 mb update , anyone know what that's about yet?

18. carnivore Apprentice Engineer

Hahaha, not if you work for me. I wanted to send everyone home early today, but I settled for watching the live stream. I don't care about your performance indexes, I'm making plans to colonize a planet!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Sod Trainee Engineer

Is there a change log for the quick fixes that came out after 1.108?

20. Silvak Apprentice Engineer

Thank you Keen and the many people who made planets possible.

Landed my mobile base ship on the dark side of the planet and only lost a couple of thusters, so I'm happy!

21. Abe Lincoln's B0N3R Trainee Engineer

my social life is officially done for

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. yrogerg77 Trainee Engineer

Oh. Cool. Guess I won't be playing with planets after all! :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. GDI-BOSS Trainee Engineer

Maybe im a rare boy,but dont like much starting scenarios with all equipement,i want a planet start similar to asteroids scenario,only with a freacking refinery and asembler:):)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  24. Renic Trainee Engineer

I just had a joygasm followed by an orgasm. Please allow me to express my elation as I go change my pants.

25. ash.error Trainee Engineer

Also wondering

26. Methlon Trainee Engineer

I need to change my underwear. I'll be back.

27. ReekShaw Trainee Engineer

Guys, you R.O.C.K. !!!

28. Fercko Trainee Engineer

Just tried it. Performance wise its a bit power hungry. I got a pc with 8GB 1600Mhz Ram GTX660 2GB Video Card 192bit I5 3.2ghz and i have 20-46 fps if i set all to LOW in video settings and set viewing distance to 7kms. Looks nice, but in survival cant rotate block so putting down a station is not possible because alignment of block to ground is off. On the other hand its awesome :D.

29. Striped_Monkey Junior Engineer

Listening to that music... as I watch the video..... It brings tears of joy to my eyes. I can't wait to get into it.

30. Clunas Junior Engineer

Hot fix already? Just got an update

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.