Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.108 - Planets

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Grek Trainee Engineer

planets for dx 11 only? srsly?

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Late Late x 1
  2. Pegaxsus Trainee Engineer

Really, really thanks Keen

Nice job

3. Wiggy Trainee Engineer

Why have you done this keen!?!?! Now i have to choose Fallout 4 or Space Engineers!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 17
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sarekh Senior Engineer

Do you take requests? I'd like the dusted trail of forest behind it ;-)

6. Merandix Junior Engineer

So excited for when I can finally try planets and how they run on my rig. :-3 That's the only downside of this update, it just hád to happen in the busiest week of the year thusfar :woot:

Also, I have to give some compliments to the patch video, bloody awesome job on making a very nice video. And a long one too!

7. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Yeeeeah about that... guys, if you want your Thrusters to be in overdrive make sure they are BEFORE you leave the pilot seat. 'cause as it turns out Artificial Gravity makes it a female dog to get back into your ship. I'll have to redo the crash another time to do it properly but from the bouncing i've seen so far i don't think we'll get that trail. I'm trying to edit this now, ghetto style with windows movie maker. (I have no idea how to change footage speed in Virtualdub and it's pretty late here already.)

8. Hanfree Apprentice Engineer

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to play with planets and asteroids in the same scenario
    There is a scenario to start in the asteroids and can go to the other planets? Thanks

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Uncommoner Trainee Engineer

Performance still sucks on dx11; oh well, uninstall time for Space Engineers again. And I meet everything but the graphics card requirement...

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz, 2934 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 15.9 GB
    Adapter Description AMD Radeon HD 5570
    Adapter RAM 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)

10. mikeloeven Senior Engineer

i am wondering how long its going to be before someone finds a way to capture the spiders and use them as torpedo payloads :woot:

• Like Like x 2
  11. carbonCore Trainee Engineer

Thank you very much for your hard work, Keen!

12. Out0fAmmo Trainee Engineer

Any word on what was in the 28 MB hotfix?

13. EvilDylan Apprentice Engineer

Okay yeah, I'll admit. Jump drives are kinda necessary.

14. Hekutoru Trainee Engineer

That's a no-brainer for me, go for SE!!! hahaha

• Like Like x 1
  15. Morningdude Trainee Engineer

so umm... anyone else get game crippling lag after about an hour on a planet? or is my little laptop just now unable to space engineers?

16. Leanardoe Trainee Engineer

Do you guys intend to make planets randomly generated? That was half of why the community wanted planets.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Phlunder Trainee Engineer

I can't stop exploring. Haven't done anything related to engineering yet. This earth-like planet is just amazingly beautiful. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Skullever Trainee Engineer

*makes coffee*

*drinks coffee*

*spits coffee everywhere*

Ladies and gentleman, the hype train has reached its destination.

19. joustin Trainee Engineer

I had a crash to desktop with my Intel 4400. I launched the 64bit version from the local files and it works fine on Windows 10. I had to set it to Win8 previously and that still works. I have an i5 and 8gb of RAM, a little less than stellar but playable

20. TehGM Apprentice Engineer

You can create Asteroids start, switch to creative, spawn planets where you want, save, switch back to survival.
    I'm probably gonna do that with my old survival world. Not really wanting to start over if there's a chance planets will spawn randomly some time in the future.
    Or I'll do that, and start over on a planet. Not sure yet. Been busy crashing ships into planets and posting it on workshop for others to have fun starts.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Pf. Now we hype NetCode, Beta, Decorative Blocks, Packhunting T-Rex NPCs and the FemGineer.

Hype train destination.

[​IMG]

We've barely just reached the first stop on the way.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  22. Gerdih Apprentice Engineer

And something comes to my mind...

"ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS EXCEPT EUROPA, ATTEMPT NO LANDINGS THERE, USE THEM TOGETHER USE THEM IN PEACE"

Thank you Keen

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  23. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

My poor old laptop simply can't flip enough flops.

I stuck it out for a while, cranking out modest ships at 15-30 fps. And other games still performing acceptably.

But this is the end. Anywhere near a planet I can't break 5-6 fps.

My SE career is over until I build a new gaming rig. :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  24. Hanfree Apprentice Engineer

Thiiiis is what i need to know thanks, but Keen need to make more easy this with planets and asteroids belts in a start option.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. wd56 Apprentice Engineer

Awesome job!

Sooo I broke the game....went to easy earth start in creative....then go the enemy HQ...and cut off all the supporting pylons at unequal levels of the main platform....including the bridges to other parts....watched the main platform come down (sooooo much exlposion wooooo) and then FPS of 1 and UPS of 1

• Like Like x 3
  26. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Do not worry. This is the correct procedure.

27. Prime Trainee Engineer

Really very disappointed. I was hoping Planets would be implemented without breaking so many systems. I guess I'll have to live with the warning steam gave me about it being an early access game, but I'm still very disappointed. I'll be over playing Elysium: Galactic Survival. Not because I want to, sadly, but because it works. Planets work, space works, blocks work, and I can shoot things.

DX11 only, really? Why would you do this? Don't release it if it isn't finished, and it isn't finished if all players cannot enjoy it. If it isn't possible on your engine without a real beefy machine, don't do it. I can, and do, run Fallout 4. Its brand new, swanky and it looks damn nice. There are a lot of other games that are similar, that I can run. This is a little bitty gaming laptop, but its made to game.

So, when ya cut me outta my own game, I ain't gonna lie I get upset. I'm upset about this, and I'm upset about the lack of direction of support that was Miner Wars 2081.
    Really would've loved to mod that game, to bad the information around back when I wanted it was lackluster at best. At least, so far as I could find.

In any case, fix the DX9 issue with planets. I assume it remains unreleased due to the asteroid LOD bug currently plaguing us. Fix that too, so I can play Survival again please. If this doesn't happen, then like the man a few posts above, I'll need a new rig to play Space Engineers. I'm not buying a new rig to play Space Engineers, I can play all of my games save for space engineers now.

Now, don't take the following too harshly, but as to the DX9 issues. Planets, and asteroid LOD's need to be fixed and included. If they are not within a reasonable timeframe... Well do whatever you want, I certainly can't stop you, but if you don't fix it its one to many times bitten so far as I'm concerned. I doubt that this will ever be playable on my laptop, whatever your design choices they seem to result in over-all instability without an excess of processing power. So, good luck fixing it, you're going to need it regardless.

That said, if Planets don't become playable on DX9 at some point, I'll be boycotting Keen and good luck to you.

Space Engineers - Current Status Unplayable
    Time of current Status - 1 month
    Issues Regarding Playability - Spaghetti Asteroids (Multi-layered Visual Tootsie Roll from Hell)
    Unsupported Planets
    Jumpdrives Cause Crash when placed on any Large Ship (Modded jump engines appear unaffected.)
    Unsupported Planets

It was just getting good guys, I was just starting to heavily invest the hours into the Space of the Engineers. I'll be sad if you break it, but its your design choice.

• Disagree Disagree x 10
  28. Conradian Moderator

@Prime If you're having problems playing the game, remember to post a bug report in order to actually help the devs work on the issues that may be specific to your hardware config. The CTG only has so many variations of hardware and software, and without people like you posting bug reports when they have issues, these kinds of niggly bugs will persist.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  29. ReaperCast Trainee Engineer

got myself so excited that planets were finally out..boot up game...start world with planets...
    "You must have DirectX11 active to load planets"
    ........well...I'm out....thank you for all the hard work but yup...I'm out....

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Renic Trainee Engineer

after playing a little and trying to starta base on a planet I am discovering that unless im on the correct axis of the planet i cannot start a building at the correct angle i can't rotate new station blocks to match the angle of the planet. I suggest adding something to set new station blocks to snap tot eh facing of the planet when in atmosphere to make base building easier

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.