Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.113 - Atmospheric thruster animations

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by George.Mamakos, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

It was release in early access:

"Early Access Game
    Get instant access and start playing; get involved with this game as it develops.
    Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development."

Is it so hard to read something before buying it?

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  2. cle Trainee Engineer

aha...
    ... so you only fixed the minor bugs, BUT NOT the major bugs --> falling through planet....by foot or on a vehicle, the client has the ass-card with the physics, the client could nearly ever connect to a MP game correctly, mining crashes, while mining as client i fell into the planet/i stucked in a wall, as client climbed in a vehicle -> it shakes....the host climbed in...all was ok, the physics for the client is all fu**** up....

that are no fixes, this is like "to extinguish the fire" ... as a multiplayer client, i'm disappointed from these "bugfixes" .... do this game ever getting multiplayer-freindly ??

- one plus-point --> you have added none new buggy/unwated things.

...please don't let the game die and think more on multiplayer-bugfixing, thank you !!

greets
    cle

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  3. bronxae Apprentice Engineer

yay! drones got fixed...cant wait to confirm this! also thank you keen for looking into the reload with mods bug, I think that was what caused my worlds to become corrupt with mods enabled, also can't wait to confirm! To those complaining about major issues related to clients in mp, they are major issues, doesn't mean Keen is ignoring them, they could just be having difficulty fixing them, stop buying early access games and then complain about them being buggy and un-optimized! If you can type out 2k lines of C# and not make a single mistake just know the company is looking for Programmers!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bibber Trainee Engineer

Read the thread, dude.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Devon_v Senior Engineer

Imagine if Battlecruiser 3000AD had been Early Access. Keen has like 5 more years to go before they touch that record.

Now, to all the people complaining that multiplayer isn't fixed, I'm going to type in bold, italic, all caps.

MULTIPLAYER CANNOT BE FIXED AT ALL UNTIL RAKNET (AKA NEW NETCODE) IS FINISHED.

Asking Keen why multiplayer/dedicated server isn't fixed this patch is like asking your mechanic why your car isn't fixed yet when he told you the part would be in next week. In fact, it's even probable that things are breaking more in MP because of adjustments to get the game ready for Raknet.

MULTIPLAYER IS BROKEN BECAUSE MULTIPLAYER SUCKS AND IS BEING REPLACED COMPLETELY.

It's just like Planets, only not flashy, and not really something they can tease in a video. It's a big job, and it's been going on in the background. What we've been playing to thia point has been a quick fix, a basic form of MP, but not one which was ever meant to be final. The final version is coming, then it will be possible to actually fix this crap.

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Informative x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Friendly x 2
  6. SweetPorkSlice Trainee Engineer

When new netcode will be out there? Roughly

7. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

We can't tell, it will be out when it is ready, rushing it will only make things worse.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. Pro3Display Apprentice Engineer

imagine starcraft 2 had early access - 12 damn years =D

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Faurana Trainee Engineer

to those two who say that rotors go the wrong way, they don´t. the Idle animation goes the right way, it´s probly just a graphics artifact thing where, if they rotate at any power output at all, the fps and the rps are slightly different from each other, resulting in the illusion of going in the wrong direction.

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. Jason45PC Trainee Engineer

Is it just me or is ownership and turrets seem to be a problem? any new things that I set ownership to or just weld so it completes just seems to be tagged as an enemy? thus the turrets start shooting the blocks...

am I the only one who has noticed this?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. frannic Apprentice Engineer

I believe there is an option if it should shoot neutrals. Is it still doing this if you turn that off?

12. Ulfsark Master Engineer

um, dude? The star system world does have asteroids. You just gotta fly a bit further ...

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. thatSTUFFguy 2 Trainee Engineer

Yes! Now I can finally finish my orbital drones that I couldn't do before due to them not even going to the cord that I placed.

14. johnc Trainee Engineer

Having spent my entire professional career across all levels of the development life cycle, I can appreciate how difficult it is to maintain weekly iterations on complex projects.

I find myself a little disappointed every week wit the lack of critical bugs being addressed at this stage. It's probably because we all have different expectations which stems from the fact there is next to no communication from any community rep or the development team. I think a little communication would go along way.

1) What is currently being worked on?
    2) What are you planning on working on next?

I hate doing plugs, but we can learn from other successful early access models. Games like Rust implements this very well with weekly updates from each developer. I'll leave it at that.

Anyways, thanks for listening. Love the game.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Greg the Mad Trainee Engineer

Great job, Keen, there is just one little thing: The turbines are spinning in the wrong direction. This would blow air out of the spinning part, and not suck it in. >.>

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. extraammo Senior Engineer

You do realize that the point of updates in to take the game closer to completion and not to make your immediate gameplay more pleasing, right?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Ulfsark Master Engineer

The fan blades are suppose to spin towards the raised portion of the blade. This would push the air into the thruster. From what I can see in the video, its spinning towards the lowered portion. This would cause air to be expelled outward.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. PlanetS1de Apprentice Engineer

Repetition

19. extraammo Senior Engineer

It's like you didn't even read the post you quoted.

EDIT: It does seem to be spinning the wrong way when the turbines slow down.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  20. Rowch Trainee Engineer

Is it just me, or is there no more option in the graphics settings to tick on/off Tonemapping since this update?

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Devon_v Senior Engineer

No, they fixed the crash when welding whens. About time, too, I was getting tired of substituting untils.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  22. macgeifer Apprentice Engineer

maybe we did not get a turbo fan engine?^^

• Funny Funny x 1
  23. DivineWrath Junior Engineer

From my experiences, asteroids are a bit further out. I had to travel like 30 to 40 km beyond the point where planet gravity stopped before I saw any asteroids.

You want the game to load fast? Don't include planets. My maps without planets loads lots faster.

Calm down. The devs can fix big bugs, but it doesn't means they can fix them right away. The landing gear bug wasn't an easy fix, and it took a while. Maybe your bugs aren't so simple.

Also multiplayer is broken. It needs a major overhaul. It isn't worth making small fixes for it. I don't know why people keep persisting in trying to play it at this point. Its has become noise, not news, when they complain about it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. HollowVoices Trainee Engineer

Uhhh... those blades are spinning the wrong way devs... they should be intaking, instead they're pushing air out >_>

• Late Late x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  25. Saitek Trainee Engineer

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Faurana Trainee Engineer

@macgeifer as you can see in your first linked video, the rotor spins up in the direction it´s actually rotating, then it seems for a moment to spin in the wrong direction (optical illusion), then proceeds to "wave" between aparently spinning in the right and wrong direction while it keeps speeding up. After that the camera stutter starts to be so slow (relative to the rotation of the blades) that motion blur takes over, effectively destroying the illusion.
    in our video game instance, we probably don´t have motion blur (cuzz that would eat more recources than just plain rendering everything 100% sharp) and our beautifull rotor blades (wich are simulated to rotate in the right direction) rotate not at exactly a multiple of 60fps, wich creates the illusion of rotating in the wrong direction.

you´re welcome

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  27. cle Trainee Engineer

i actually fell into the planet for the first time ON A GREEN terrain....i drove this path before with no problems....@DivineWrath --> i trie to calm down, but this is depressing.....

... we are playing multiplayer right now, because the game is genious/addicting ;) ..... but often frustrating......we spent 20% of playing time with "aaah yeaaahhhH!!! genious!!!! i want more!!!!" .... and 80% of playtime with reloading/relogging in and so on .....

• Funny Funny x 1
  28. HollowVoices Trainee Engineer

If you watch the part where it shows it spinning slower, you can see it clearly spinning clockwise before going into the wave reversal illusion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  29. TodesRitter Moderator

As i see you like the f*** word. It would be useful if you dont use it in each of your sentence.

If you have feedback for the devs you can post it without these words, Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Ulfsark Master Engineer

He's talking about the idle animation. And in the idle animation, they are spinning the wrong way. You can see it when they slow down to stop. Its almost like you didn't bother to watch the video.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.