Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.120 - Highlights, bug fixes

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Feb 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. SirLANsalot Apprentice Engineer

I hated that it auto focused the search bar, because then pressing G again to exit the menu, just kept typing in g's. (This is actually a revert to back to its old behavior)

This was a GOOD fix

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
  2. SirLANsalot Apprentice Engineer

Might be time to brush up on some English classes, because I got news for ya bub, THE INTERNET'S MAIN LANGUAGE IS ENGLISH, well at least about 90% of it anyways.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. enderfish Trainee Engineer

I went to test to see whether or not the oxygen issue had been fixed, where if you open a door between an oxygenated room, and an oxygenated airlock, the oxygen in both rooms would reset, but as soon as I close the doors to pressurize the rooms, the client crashes. I have confirmed that this happens every time I try to create a pressurized environment by closing doors. Just wanted to make a note of this.

Edit: Actually, I've realized that my game crashes whenever I approach a closed or open airlock, seemingly at random.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  4. maliqua Apprentice Engineer

I'm not sure if this is new from this update or i just didnt notice last update, but it seems the focus doesnt go to the search field on the g menu anymore.

this is more than mildly annoying....that really should be the default focus for all menu screens, cuz who presses K/G then another hot key? no one we all press G/K then look for something

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. mxxpower Trainee Engineer

No fixes to inertial dampeners? You guys on crack?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Krougal Senior Engineer

Or just to turn it back on, because the moron who thought it was a good idea, doesn't even know what the menu is used for, let alone how to play the game.
    I can't imagine anyone impacted by this thought it was a good idea, but it was the moron who signs the coders paycheck.

I spoke too soon, apparantly 1 other person thought it was a good idea, fine configurable, but at least let those of us who care have it back.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Amerikanovich Apprentice Engineer

Why do you keep assigning weird unchangeable things to the Control key???
    That is and has always been used for crouching/flying downwards in every game ever created (except for the developers that insist on assigning it to 'c' for whatever reason)!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. TheTargetObject Trainee Engineer

excuse my bad english,
    since patch the server spam to. up to 12GB of Ram within 30 minutes.
    Server reboot required.
    Muliplaer so unplayable.

9. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

Very interesting. I hope that Key binding thing will be easy to get over. I like the bug fixes too, I noticed ships sinking into the atmosphere and I'm glad its fixed. Thanks Keen.

10. Tig Trainee Engineer

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Vicizlat Apprentice Engineer

I noticed one strange new thing. Every time I load, my batteries turn themselves ON even if I've turned them OFF before I save. If I turned them OFF, maybe I had a reason to do that...

It wouldn't bother me that much usually, but it seems I have some bug that causes a crash after some grinding. And that also would not have bothered me that much, but I just had a piston explosion right at the moment of an auto-save.
    Now I have a pile of scrap to grind and I don't know when I'll crash again. And when I crash and reload I need to remember to go turn OFF my batteries.

BTW, Keen, if you are wondering who is spamming you with crash logs, it's me. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Sir PurrsAlot Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]
    every thursday

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 7
  13. Krougal Senior Engineer

Control is use/fire in pretty much every game I can think of.

So they changed selecting hotbars from SHIFT + # to CTL + #, and already after 5 minutes I hate it, and I don't see how to override that either.
    It's very awkward to have to bend the pinky all the way down and stretch your other fingers to hit the numbers. Shift is a lot more comfortable.
    Anyone who thinks I am just bitching for the hell of it, go in game and do it repeatedly (as one might when designing a ship in creative)

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Maniac Trainee Engineer

While I am very happy that the oxygen bug has finally been fixed, having the hotkey modifier changed from shift to control, with no way to change it back, irritates me severely. It is one of my biggest pet peeves when a game has controls that cannot be changed.
    I have to reach farther to hit the control key than the shift key. My shift key is bound to sprint, which is a hold key, so it didn't matter. But my control key toggles walk/run. So now, every time I switch toolbars with control, it also toggles walk run. I am very dissatisfied with this change.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Vicizlat Apprentice Engineer

I will agree that it's annoying not being able to rebind certain key. But complaining that CTRL is further away than SHIFT is hilarious.

On my end, I guess the batteries have given up around the 10th reload and now they stay OFF.
    Grinding blocks connected to a station drops my Sim speed from 1 to 0.20. Also crashing seems to occur when I attempt to grind down the last block from a small grid remaining on the ground.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. maliqua Apprentice Engineer

ok i tried not to complain until i gave it a bit of a chance, i super hate the whole ctrl/shift thing

my fingers are sad.

i can live with the f thing tho thats not as horrible in time i may like it better

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. EvilDylan Apprentice Engineer

The keymapping changes are incredibly vague...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Manticore Apprentice Engineer

Not first:pbjt:

Thanks KSH!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Krougal Senior Engineer

I hope you get arthritis when you get old, maybe then you won't think it's hilarious...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Vicizlat Apprentice Engineer

Wow, that was just rude...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. Krougal Senior Engineer

And you think your comment wasn't?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  22. Vicizlat Apprentice Engineer

Well, I am sincerely sorry if I have offended you or anyone else for that matter who might have some physical problem that's preventing them from using the new keybindings. In my defense it may have been in part done from ignorance and speaking generally.
    But you just plain and simple wished for me to have arthritis. So yeah, I still think you were unnecessarily rude.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  23. Galenmacil Trainee Engineer

... and, let's face it, a completely useless, unnecessary and stupid change. Why? Can someone at KSH explain why the change? You know NOT ALL gamers hold the mouse with their right hand... Making the CTRL key unbindable just shows how totally unplanned their update content is.

Edit: Back to redoing my Autohotkey script again. Having to rely on third party macroing software to play a game, let alone rebind unbindable keys is rather... annoying.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. Morloc Apprentice Engineer

Lots of CTDs since this patch. Sound is weird. Jetpack seemed to be using more fuel than normal, but that was probably my imagination.

-Morloc

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. Bibber Trainee Engineer

Wrong! It was really annoying that you changed the toolbar when typing something in the chat field. Everytime I was typing a character with holding down shift (like %,$ or ! on german keyboard), the toolbar changed.
    I know that it could be achieved by catching the click events right, too. But for now it isn't a bad solution. Much less annoying than before.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  26. Bibber Trainee Engineer

You never typed something in the chat field, didn't you?

• Like Like x 1
  27. Vicizlat Apprentice Engineer

Did anyone else notice when you are in a cockpit and you get really close to another block, you can see the required components as if you are pointing it with a hand welder? Was this implemented in this update or am I noticing it just now?

28. Krougal Senior Engineer

Fine. Apology accepted. I uncurse you, so if you develop arthritis at some point don't come hunting me down.
    Honestly I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but I was making a point.

No, but I heard (cause I could never get it to work anyway) they broke "place from cockpit" last patch. Probably related.

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. Oxdeception Trainee Engineer

Then wouldn't a better solution have been to disable this functionality, like most other keybinds are, when the chat field was active?

30. Vicizlat Apprentice Engineer

Point taken. Let's move on. ;)

It's been working for me on and off. Not really sure about last patch, didn't use it (I think) last week.

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.