Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.120 - Highlights, bug fixes

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Feb 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. TheeScrub Apprentice Engineer

What bothers me about this update is that now my game crashes about a minute after loading and all I'm doing is walking around. Re-loads do not fix the issue. Looks like another save toasted by Keens updates.

2. AceNepets Apprentice Engineer

To Keen and anyone else it may concern:

My key bindings are as follows: (Mostly inspired from using Kerbal Space Program)

[W,A,S,D] : Movement
    [Q,E] : Roll
    Caps Lock : Sprint
    Right Shift : Toggle Sprint speed
    F : Use
    T : Inertial Dampeners
    R : Jetpack Toggle On/Off
    C : Camera
    Space Bar : Move Up / Jump
    Left Shift : Move Up / Jump
    Left Control : Move Down / Crouch

Now that I've read that the Control key is non-bindable, I am thankful that I have not yet allowed my copy of SE to update. I will not update my copy until my ability to keep my binding of the Control key is restored. Yes, my setup means that copy and paste are usually an awkward action, such that I move down when I try to copy/cut/paste. Yes, I have awkward moments when I'm thrusting up while trying to switch tools and instead switch to another toolbar. But that is how I've configured it, and it has worked well for me. (I dare anyone else to find a better binding set that allows for a rolling up-thrusting forward right dodge maneuver while using mouse-look.)

I hope that we not only get our binding back, but that we may have even more control over the keys, as has been mentioned, so that we can define modifier keys such as Control and Shift. Until then, the previous behavior was acceptable and essential.

Respectfully, with 1700+ hours,

-Steve

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. RedScourge Trainee Engineer

New Bug: Both new and old sounds both play when you configure the control slots of a ship with the G key.

4. Gabs916 Trainee Engineer

Not sure if anyone else has come across this issue, but since this update I can no longer grind down Rotor Parts or Piston Parts without the game crashing.

This is definitely related to this patch as I've been grinding down these pieces for days prior to this.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. DivineWrath Junior Engineer

I did some playing today and I suffered lag on a few occasions. It seemed like the sim speed dropped, and did short pauses at regular intervals. It seemed like it was more likely to happen if I was using physics block and many drills at the same time, but it wasn't the only circumstances that caused it to happen. Other than that, the changes to the key binding is feeling a bit weird, but I expect I'll adapt. I might have more thoughts on it later.

Also, any chance you guys could make an adjustment to batteries? I want to be able to recycle batteries again. While being able to start with a 30% charge is nice and all, I think that losing the ability to recycle batteries was a too big of a trade. It also does nothing for ships that runs out of battery power, so you are forced to power them up the old fashioned way. Maybe a block that could accept "battery packs" as cargo and get power by draining those packs. It would be like a reactor but with batteries. Alternatively, make power cables so you can connect ships and use one ship to power the other.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Wolfe's Grim Trainee Engineer

out of curiosity, can we expect a fix or something for people losing all their stuff when there is a crash? my friend wont play this game with me because if there is a server error and our coop game crashes I respawn upon login and he simply disappears into nothing along with everything in his inventory and has to respawn at the med-bay which has cost us hours of gathering for those resources because we crash during the gathering too which will cost us our ship that's mining sometimes

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wolfe's Grim Trainee Engineer

as a response to your message, you actually can do the power cables, batteries are charged through connectors, so if you connect a ship to the station, then another ship to that ship or the station as well then it charges the batteries, its not immediate but it is effective, my friends and myself usually make a ship twice (if we use it often) so we can fly out do our business, then come back when the batteries are low and trade for the secondary ship

8. Krougal Senior Engineer

Yes, I was just coming to post that myself, end the day on a positive note :)

Also, last patch I was having an issue where the game was freezing every time the music track changed, was minor, but considering it takes a lot to slow my rig down...anyway happy to say that hasn't happened to me once tonight.

9. frannic Apprentice Engineer

When i loaded my save that was working fine i got constant lag spikes.
    Every few seconds the game would freeze for a moment. Very annoying.

I created a new world with everything exactly the same (settings and mods) and the lag spikes where gone.

10. Wizlawz Master Engineer

"Highlight Every Block"

egads no! plz Don't!

hated that in Castle Miner Z

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. RayvenQ Moderator

As far as I'm aware, only interactable blocks will get the highlight, so you wotn end up getting stuff like armor blocks highlighted.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I'm ok with highlighting blocks if you can disable it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. GeeBeeEVE Trainee Engineer

There is inability for the clients to save character data to the server primarily for security/cheating reasons, I believe. It would be nice if the game host / server had a game setting to allow for inventories to save even if it is not 100% secure. There are many people that play in private servers and/or hostings that would benefit from this option. Cryochambers are suppose to be the cure for this but they are a rather poor way considering how often the game crashes, yes it is *neat* but beyond that their purpose is entirely lost to me as it doesn't save your hotbar settings on vehicles either.

Thanks Keen!

14. Wisest Man Alive Trainee Engineer

You gotta be fcking kidding me. Who thought that making an inconvenience is a good idea?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. NikolasMarch Junior Engineer

great work on the bug fixes, BUT, the toolbar selector hotkey from left shift to left control, why oh why do you change silly little things like this, is it just to annoy us? great, now my left control activates the item im holding while trying to select a new toolbar, how do i get LEFT SHIFT to do that again? ive looked in the cfg file where the controls are and there isnt an option for the toolbar selector hotkey, the thing i thought it was looks like it was an old control settings window,

EDIT, whats more after having to use control to select toolbars, i have discovered that being further away from the numbers causes a strain on the hand, using shift with the top line of numbers is quite a normal action for keyboards users, using control with those numbers is not, please change it back to shift!

EDIT 2: there's a grinding crash? since when?... 1 block, 2 blocks, 3 blocks, 4 blo... ah there it is :D

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

Thanx for the update KEEN. Yeah, key binding, that's always a tough one, preference preference; custom keys and modifiers ftw. :)

17. Nesterus Trainee Engineer

Keybinding issue is a major chafe, please give us customization I have pressed shift a million times tonight looking to swap hotbars.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Sergeant Snuggles Junior Engineer

I must be the only heathen who operates a single hotbar for all gaming sessions in this game :woot: Then again I only tend to need 3 spare slots on the bar for changing items....

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Caffeinix Trainee Engineer

I use almost exactly the same keybindings you do, and my game had already updated, so I decided to go confirm that control is no longer bindable. Good news: it is! At the very least, left control still moves me down, as well as switching between hotbars. It's possible that if I were to adjust my keybindings I'd no longer be able to bind left control, but the update did not break my existing bindings.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. cle Trainee Engineer

gamebreaking bugs gets more and more from patch to patch.

...as all know, we couldn't drill without crashes on DS or in single player game
    ...now we can't grind things without CTD .... so the game is now COMPLETE UNPLAYABLE and there is no tendency to lesser gamebreaking bugs.....this is very frustrating.

this major bugs are the reason that many servers shutting down and the game is loosing community and players. many people leaving this game because they are frustrated because of the major bugs.....YOU REALLY NEED TO FIX THE MAJOR BUGS .... NOW!!!

WE DON'T WANT NEW FEATURES, WE WANT BUGFIXES

...i want these drugs too that the devs are using ^^

....the hope dies at last, but i still hope for a GOOD HOTFIX today !!!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. Killingmach Trainee Engineer

I am also having this same issue with grinding

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

Heathen! Yes. This sounds very inefficient for building.
    I use all of them.. Would spend a lot of time in the g menu otherwise..

• Agree Agree x 4
  23. spawny Trainee Engineer

Completely agree with you!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. OpTioN Trainee Engineer

Nice, now this is what we want! Keep up the good work Keen!

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. Spets Master Engineer

- fixed inertia dampeners not working on planet

not fixed, I have a 4M kg ship with 300 thousand engines and still the ship keep falling at 0.05 m/s

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  26. Oxdeception Trainee Engineer

Using 'C' for crouch/downward movement moves the finger off the 'D' key though, so it's not possible to strafe right while moving downwards. Ctrl on the other hand allows for full range of movement while strafing down.

I do however use the C key for toggle crouch, when it's an option with Ctrl as hold to crouch if there's no combined option on Ctrl.

That requires moving your hands away from either the movement keys, or the mouse. Shift + 1-7ish at least allows your hand to stay mostly on the movement keys.

• Agree Agree x 3
  27. AceNepets Apprentice Engineer

Thanks for posting that. I used Steam to make a backup of the game, first time ever I've felt to do so. I'm a bit more relaxed now that I read that it isn't breaking bindings after all. Also glad to know someone else out there uses a similar setup.

28. discodancepant Trainee Engineer

Maybe I'm a little behind in having this idea but if I have everyone on my server turn off automatic updates and I test the latest update on a separate computer there will be far less chance of experiencing game-breaking bugs.

As a side note to everyone who experiences world-save corruption: I have created a batch script. It copies the save files and puts it in a backup folder with the date and time appended. In my task scheduler I run this thing at the same rate as the game auto-save. The backup folder fills with saves every 10 minutes dating back a couple days, so I have plenty to choose from if I need to revert.

The only down side of this is within a few days you get a couple GB worth of these saves. I generally keep 4 days worth and manually delete the rest.

I just thought some of you might benefit from this information, especially other server admins.

• Agree Agree x 3
  29. cle Trainee Engineer

yeah sure!!!! ... nice work to make a buggy/nearly unplayable game now completely unplayable.....THIS IS NOT WHAT WE WANTET!!!!

...but hey, we got new features in a game we can not play.....thats coool ^^

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  30. Scorpion00021 Senior Engineer

hey man, idk if you read the changlog or what but THEY'RE CURRENTLY FOCUSING ON FIXING THINGS AND NOT ADDING NEW FEATURES

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.