Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.120 - Highlights, bug fixes

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Feb 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Ganjo Trainee Engineer

I love lamp.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Cassius Faux Apprentice Engineer

Anyone having a problem of gravity just sorta.. Well. Turning off.

Watch the lift, and the entire vehicle as it hits the lift, it glides into the upper side and rolls about before being effected by gravity again.
    [​IMG]

Same goes for this, after hitting the vehicle just sorta slides above the ground until falling back down and flipping due to the wheel friction on the terrain.
    [​IMG]
    Also WTF is with collisions. Seriously...... Entire back half obliterated on the vehicle I was driving. Loss of a back fender on the vehicle I hit. Same exact vehicles....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

Interesting. Might not be good for PMW's (or griefers) if that's a thing now.

4. cle Trainee Engineer

THIS ARE THE NEW FEATURES (nobody asked after) -->

Features
    - Highlights on floating objects --> THIS IS THE REASON FOR THE NEW GRINDING-BUG and the new crashes !!!
    - Faster blueprints loading
    - changed controls scheme

so your argument is nonsense.....we had 3 new features nobody asked after and one of these resumed in more gamebreaking bugs.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Scorpion00021 Senior Engineer

While labeled as features, only one really stood out as such:
    - Highlights on floating objects

The faster blueprint loading is more of an optimization or bug fix, and the control scheme was a change to an existing feature.

As they have stated multiple times, they are currently focusing on bugfixing and optimizations, which is evident by comparing the one actual feature to the number of other things done this week.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. pathogen69 Trainee Engineer

You know what's awesome? This crash bug from grinding in 1.120 happened to Marek during the stream. Yep, the CEO experienced it during the live stream and they still didn't fix it before pushing the update. Now they are going to hotfix it.

Gee, a hotfix, that never happens. /s

I even made note of it in the streams suggestions thread here.

To bad nobody bet me. Would have won that! They knew this bug existed in 1.120 before release and did not fix it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. cle Trainee Engineer

ok, so the bug fixes includes only the minor bugs and/or game improvements....but not the major bugs and they got us one more major/gamebreaking bug.

how YOU play this game now, standing in your world unable to do anything?? ....looking around and say "yeah great game" but still unable to do anything????

.....congratulation for your enthusiasm, but myself and lot of other people can not play the game anymore because of the still persistand old major/gamebreaking bugs AND the new gamebreaking grinding-bug.

i love this game, but i sorrowly can't recognize any tendency of major-bug-fixes.....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Gravity is a bit derped at the moment. I was on the moon and mined out a couple of stones that settled on a ledge of stone. I then mined out the ledge beneath them using the right click.

The stones did not move. They hung in mid-air even though gravity was set at 0.25. Only when I made contact with them was gravity applied. They then behaved as they should.

9. harvester1978 Trainee Engineer

major Bug Sim speed drop while grinding, placing blocks or open/Close doors is not fixed 1.120.010.

Game is unplayable !

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Using "F" to get in and out of the cockpit is a bit of a bad idea. It's right next to the "D" key which is used for movement. If you're into something intense and miss that D key, you're now ejected out into space at the most inopportune moment.

Of course this can be changed. If you're going to enter a cockpit using the "F" key, exiting should require SHIFT + "F". This would stop a lot of accidental ejections as it requires the same key but an additional key to be held down, minimizing the chance of unintended consequences. Especially since this key is used for multiple functions besides ejecting.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  11. [segfault]*Choco Taco Trainee Engineer

Any word if they fixed controls yet? Specifically the shift/ctrl swap thing.

12. PhoenixTheSage Junior Engineer

I've been using F for actions for 2 years. This never happens. You'd have to be the clumsiest keyboard warrior ever.
    I also use R instead of K for control panel. You won't see me accidentally opening the control panel when rolling either.

F is way better than T for actions; simply far more intuitive...and Keen just finally changed it, that's all. Get used to it or *gasp* change it back!

• Agree Agree x 8
  13. megapro Trainee Engineer

CTRL for changing hotkey bars is really annoying for me since I use CTRL (like 90% of the other games) for crouch/down. Also my game now crashes a lot.

@PhoenixTheSage:
    I was also using F instead of T right from the start it's way more comfortable imo^^

14. Φ Hero Φ Trainee Engineer

Still having mining bug? Still waiting, playing factorio now....

15. [segfault]*Choco Taco Trainee Engineer

Sometimes when flying long distances I start wondering if there's any buttons that do things cool that I didn't know about and end up pressing T and falling out of my ship to my death.

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. zDeveloper10 Junior Engineer

a couple times when I started I somehow accidentally got out of my seat in the yellow pod, glitched through the wall a and then while trying to chase the ship ended up getting splattered against the front like a bug,lol.
    that was a long time ago though

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Saitek Trainee Engineer

Not sure if I have this in the right place. But when i try to start a dedicated server it will start up but when I go and join the world it will load but then it tells me there is no medical room to re-spawn in. I did this in survival and creative modes for the server. Any ideas?

18. pathogen69 Trainee Engineer

And the hotfix is out to fix this. If it was so quick and easy to fix, why didn't they do it before pushing the original update?

Also, looks like they re-introduced the opening doors oxygen bug: http://forums.keenswh.com/threads/air-preassure-bug-in-update-01-120-010-updated.7379429/

Great job Keen!

19. Krougal Senior Engineer

Oh FFS!
    Well at least they fixed it briefly...
    *facepalm*

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

My experience with dying from lack of oxygen or at least removing my helmet in an oxygenated environment comes from being in the bounding box of a large or small block grid regardless of oxygen generation. If I walk under a small block ship or enter a space within a small block ship that is big enough for the player to enter, the character rapidly dies from oxygen starvation while on a planet. I've had this also happen on large block stations. But it's easily repeatable with small blocks.

For the test, I would create a small block space, even a simple cube with one side open that's large enough for the player model to enter. Then walk into that space with the helmet off. If I'm correct, your character should start taking damage and die.

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. JimKilgore Trainee Engineer

I was wondering why my ship could thrust up but not keep steady :p

22. Tig Trainee Engineer

Hotfix:

Launch 1 - CTD before load game
    Launch 2 - Poor performance ( see below)
    Launch 3 - Crash at load game screen ( nothing in LOG )
    Launch 4 - same as 2. Not really playable for me with the terrain rippling. If I put on my jetpack it stops waving, but frame rate stays the same
    Shift F11 below

Hotfix FPS drop for me. On a planet, if I go into an area I mined out and just stare at the rock wall in frist person view ( jetpack off). I can see the terrian/voxel update is so slow it looks like the wall is waving/rippling like a flag as my characters static movement changes along with shadow of torch. Looks like the wall is breathing at under 4 FPS while the overall framerate is down to 17-20. I would say my overall framerate is one third to one half of what it should be. GPU at 100% more than normal. ( issue also reported in bug report section by others )

And the entire object you are looking at is still yellow...and the grass still turns blue

Win7 64 - i7-990x@4 GHz (x30) - 12Gig - AMD R9 380X 4 Gig

under overlay
    FPS 19-20
    UPS: 62
    Sim Speed 1.00
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  23. Krougal Senior Engineer

That's a different O2 bug (we should have a list). They didn't fix that one either?
    I haven't personally experienced it.
    We were talking about opening/closing doors adding/removing blocks destroying all O2 in the room.
    It was fixed yesterday...and broken again today.

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. sankti Trainee Engineer

that little micro patch, Fucked up really badly asteroids, dont fix game because of minecraft kids moaning about rotors and pistons I have never used them ! how to bring back last patch ?

01.120 it was beautiful bug fix, then minecraft kids comes, update 010 comes and killed my beautiful day

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. LocInt Apprentice Engineer

Oh YES oxygen works now. My battlestar is finally pressurized. Thanks for the fix!

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. sankti Trainee Engineer

HOW TO GET VERSION BEFORE THAT bullshit patch 010 i want version from yesterday !!!!!!

27. GeeBeeEVE Trainee Engineer

So the hotbar is still hardbound to Ctrl after the hotfix, this angers me. Here are 2 Examples of how to represent them being rebindable in the existing Gui Page
    [​IMG]
    This one is simply allowing you to bind it and auto use the Numbers 1-9

[​IMG]
    This one allows you to bind each hotbar, Example shows old settings - theory could use a combination of keys or a single key. I dont think the mouse is really applicable for this, so simply 2 combinations of keybinds.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  28. cle Trainee Engineer

ok, after my critique comments i must say, after the hotfix --->

- grinding bug is fixed (thanks!!)
    - mining bug is fixed (hell yeah, thank you for this!!!)

....for the space-related bugs i can not say something, because i'm still on planet and working.....

.....but NOW we have a right direction into the light ;)

well done!!!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  29. pathogen69 Trainee Engineer

Until next week.

• Funny Funny x 2
  30. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

Hotfix made the server run like do-do when ever anyone grinds or welds. Xoc stream showed the same thing. That's just welding or grinding, do more complex things and the whole server becomes a Space Engineers screen saver simulator. We try very hard to keep our sim over .5 the last two weeks, now this. Please fix the hotfix.
    What worse is once the sim starts to drop it will continue to drop until there is a crash. WELDING AND GRINDING FFS.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.