Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.120 - Highlights, bug fixes

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Feb 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Cassius Faux Apprentice Engineer

The hotfix for me actually fixed the things listed for me. Although would be nice if you chaps could remove the newly coded Cyberdoge explosion from Pistons, I know I am tempting the overlord of pistons by using them, same with Rotors(Come on. A 12 piston elevator is so much fun. But so dangerous..) But it'd be nice if Pistons could be more durable, or not break under stress that doesnt exist. For example:
    [​IMG]
    The middle pistons, for some unknown reason just like to explode. Literally nothing could break them by collisions. The same happens with the other sets of pistons. If the middle doesnt explode, then one or two of them will, or an entire side.

Its about a 30% chance of happening, but when it works its the best damn lift I've ever made. I'd like to use it without having to save every time I gotta get a Desert Fox up or down from the platforms.

Edit: Pistons why.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Stansan Trainee Engineer

Does anyone notice that the base welders now weld a liitle too deep? I mean to there center instead of in front? My automatic welder system with a stationairy welder wall and a piston that retracts a projecter was working before the update. now the object will stick against or in the welders so that the pistonhead breaks. The object will hang there into the welders...

No one have this happend? I can not weld because my objects will get sticky on the welders wall

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  3. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

Not the Battery Bug I'm worried about - Controllable Power Systems are fine but when turning off the power turns off the solar panels ability to produce with no way to turn it back on :(

4. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

Remapping Bindings...is that even on your priority list? Honestly, I don't do games with doubled bindings, ever. Also At least with Control Panel Mapped to K it meant that it had some kind of mnemonic association (C = K = Control Panel), F just kinda comes out of nowhere to me.
    Note: Chrome wants to spell it mnemonic but that doesn't look quite right to me *shrugs*

Edit: I just noticed the fact that the controls are mostly already remappable in the Options menu :D

5. dylangreen162 Trainee Engineer

soooooooo planet drilling fixed yet?

6. Killingmach Trainee Engineer

Has anyone else noticed a new issue in survival mode that when your in space in a mining ship and you try to mine an asteroid and it
    doesn't seem to mine ore, or deplete the roid at all?

7. DuncanBizkit Trainee Engineer

Gotta love it when people are like, "Hey I disagree with you... but I'm not going to explain why.", huh? :|

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. zDeveloper10 Junior Engineer

that's happened to me before with a transport I took down from orbit,all around the cockpit it claims there's no oxygen despite being on a planet(no vents sucking in air either). stepping away of course yields breathable air,but it's like that area doesn't update as often as other things.(wonder if that happens in enclosed spaces- probably not but haven't built a ship to test it yet)

9. Tig Trainee Engineer

Update:
    Can somebody that runs Turbo multiplier test this? With my board/bios I have to run the Turbo, the multiplier is fixed too loo.

original post by ME

UPDATE: Framerate improvement by about 20+ FPS,

It seems the game isn't enough to kick in Turbo multiplier on the i7-990x if the Power Plan is set to 10%-100% under "Process Power Management". You have to run a plan that is set 100%-100%( like I normally do which locks it at x30 and 4009MHz , and I missed when I originally posted. I use Power Saver after gaming to allow everything to cool and then sleep )

TEST
    1) Difference in "Process Power Management" settings in Control Panel-> Power Plans
    2) Staring at a voxel wall
    3) Staring straight up at sky

RESULTS
    10% - 100% = 1603MHz x 12
    2) 17 FPS
    3) 37-41 FPS

100% - 100% = 4009 MHz x 30
    1) 4009MHz x 30
    2) 32 FPS
    3) 70-72 FPS

And by toggling between the 2 Power Plans in windows Control Panel->Power Options I can watch the framerate instantly almost double when I choose the radio button. wow. Didn't realize it was slow to boost the multiplier

10. Xiga Trainee Engineer

I just want to add that I actually rather like the ctrl function change. I seem to be the only person in this thread who uses shift for crouch / down, instead of ctrl, basically for the same reasons everyone finds shift to be easier to access with the pinky. however, changing bars was annoying for me until someone pointed out the whole <, >. key thing, so thank you for that!

As a side note; if the response to all this complaining about the ctrl key getting remapped results in more functions being bindable in the binding window, I'd like to also request that the ctrl and shift functions for creative area block placing and area painting be modifiable too to some other binding. I've been flying down while building / painting for a few years now, and though I stopped posting about it, I would love to see that little bother finally fixed!

Great update Keen, I for one like the new ctrl binding; also as of 010 the oxygen draining when opening doors bug is definitely gone for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. keeblster Trainee Engineer

I for one don't know why so many ppl have performance issues with se. I have a decent video card (AMD Radeon R9 200 series). An i5-4440 cpu @ 3.10 GHz and 12 GB of ram. not a super computer. but no fps problems unless I'm running 100+ drills/welders/grinders. or have hundreds of small ship parts free floating around. don't enjoy the key bind switch for ctrl/shift either btw

12. gimmilfactory Junior Engineer

GG keen, each update screws up the game in such little ways, more and more for me. :)

Now when my refueling drone I am trying to program goes into space on MP....the server sync freaks out and the ships MS/s randomly twitch to a slower number...causing the whole timing system to just break...for when to ignite the hydrogen thrusters.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. zDeveloper10 Junior Engineer

I have a similar GPU. most of my performance problems are when looking at new parts of the planet or being in space around a planet, though that might be a voxel generation and memory thing.
    in general unless I'm on a server things work pretty well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. DeltaDestiny Apprentice Engineer

Could you perhaps add the thing you did with items for blocks? & Copy paste?, i think it would be useful so people can place blocks where they think they can...
    so for example use the hit boxes of the blocks?

15. blooddragon606 Apprentice Engineer

Inaudible.

Not hearable = inaudible.

Audible = hearable

Now, would one of the devs agree to teach me a sentence in Czech?

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Stansan Trainee Engineer

bump

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. frannic Apprentice Engineer

I really like the blueprint loading change.
    It's from almost a minute to instant.
    Really great :tu:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Maniac Trainee Engineer

I've tried resetting the controls to default numerous times. I still can't use copy or paste functions.

19. eviltek2099 Apprentice Engineer

Really, Why do developers always change things in the name of making it better. The best programs allow the end user to decide what is best for them. The ctrl key should NEVER be used as a essential function when the app in question allows cut/copy/paste. As for standards I have always liked 'E' for interact in games that don't roll/lean. 'F' is then my personal fallback. This game has used k from the start and in keeping with defaults.. I got use to it. I still turn my light off and take my helmet off all the time when i don't mean to...I laugh and move on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. PaddiM8 Trainee Engineer

Oh, woo! Finally highlights on floating objects! :pbjt:
    Am I the only one who has been waiting for this? =D

• Like Like x 2
  21. frannic Apprentice Engineer

Well i do like it. But the thing that bothers me the most from day 1 is that i cannot look at a screen normally. All colors are gone and it is hard to read. So i would have been real happy if they started with the blocks instead of the items.
    But i understand why this came first.
    ME highlighting was altered so in this case it was an easy change in code because it was allready done for ME.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Sergeant Snuggles Junior Engineer

I am going to grammar Nazi the hell out of this one :p
    "- fixed electrical damage sound not hearable!

if you change that to your "correct" inaudible then it would read "- fixed electrical damage sound not inaudible" meaning that it was indeed audible and they had now made it inaudible...

its ok, you're american, I get you guys have issues with our language :D

I also get you probably meant for them to remove the word not and just sub for inaudible ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. tamt145 Trainee Engineer

Hey I think you should add Suns or stars and when your close it causes heat damage and you can use type of machines, that goes into the sun/star and it will shrink 10 km when sucking up the energy / Molten scrap or ingot and when its like finished and it shrinks, to a point it explodes or turns a different colour and it has a 10% of turning it into a black hole or it would break up, and explode causing explosion damage to your ship or station and it doesn't turn into a black hole but hot stuff stays there for collecting with another machine that uses ice it cools down the molten metal or ingots into non-molten metal / ingot and that you can put it in a Refinery and it turns into the normal metal / ingots.

Edit: I came up with the idea because I spawned in a custom planet and it was SOO bright I thought of the idea

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. tamt145 Trainee Engineer

Also Can you add the undress key so the astronaut is in normal cloths so its more realistic and the parts of the suit goes in your inventory

25. Pro3Display Apprentice Engineer

that's racist! oh, wait....

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

isnt 'not inaudible' a double negative?

• Funny Funny x 1
  27. Carch Trainee Engineer

I agree, I'm okay with changing the default, if it was something we could rebind back the moment we noticed it. as it stands, control is ALSO the default button to activate drills/welders/grinders. or place blocks if you have the block placement open and want to switch to, say, a welder to actually build them.

28. tamt145 Trainee Engineer

Hey nice Update but I think you should add Suns or stars and when your close it causes heat damage and you can use type of machines, that goes into the sun/star and it will shrink 10 km when sucking up the energy / Molten scrap or ingot and when its like finished and it shrinks, to a point it explodes or turns a different colour and it has a 10% of turning it into a black hole or it would break up, and explode causing explosion damage to your ship or station and it doesn't turn into a black hole but hot stuff stays there for collecting with another machine that uses ice it cools down the molten metal or ingots into non-molten metal / ingot and that you can put it in a Refinery and it turns into the normal metal / ingots. Also Can you add the undress key so the astronaut is in normal cloths so its more realistic and the parts of the suit goes in your inventory

29. frannic Apprentice Engineer

What?!?!?!
    Maybe you better post this in suggestions.

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. tamt145 Trainee Engineer

well do you like my ideas

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.