Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.120 - Highlights, bug fixes

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Feb 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Wisest Man Alive Trainee Engineer

Also add so we can rob corovans.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. cle Trainee Engineer

...it's fixed to 95% .... it still freezes from time to time, but its so rarely i can live with that

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Maniac Trainee Engineer

For anyone who hasn't been able to copy/paste since this update, check your copy paste world settings. It seems that the update caused worlds that previously had it enabled to reset.
    I feel so stupid.

4. d3x0r Apprentice Engineer

So Since Shift-# keys wasn't actually the issue can we have the old behavior back?

I like control for look-around since I use ALT for down... so i have Space for up and alt -for down allowing me to use 4 fingers for 6dof controls...
    since I couldn't assign control anymore I had a hard time finding a place to put free-look.

Edit2: Besides - control is too far to hit the number keys comforably... shift works without strain. otherwise I need to move my hadn to hit the numbers (was testing ME actually, and notice the same change applied there... was testing to see if I could change hotbar set with shift-#'s in G screen... was pleased that I can; although I can't since the stupid control key I can't reach the numbers beyond 3

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  5. Kham Apprentice Engineer

After watching the first half of that stream, I can't help but compare Marek to George Lucas.
    If he has his way we'll end up reduced to one hotbar because he apparently just doesn't like having to push multiple buttons. It's high time we got to bind our own controls (with multi-key support) for all functions and then it's up to us how we do things.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. khalysto Trainee Engineer

I'm aware the ctrl key is underneath the shift key. The difference is my pinky naturally rests on the shift key, and I have to extend it left and downward to hit the ctrl key. For one this is uncomfortable because I have large hands and long fingers. It's also much slower. I don't think much thought was put into the ergonomics of the decision, regardless of the key's proximity to others on the keyboard, *especially* since we don't have the option to change it without some sort of hack.

=Khalysto=

7. MontyTheGreat Trainee Engineer

For reaching the control key, I use the same method as in League of :): I use the pinky's hand side palm. With a gentle push, I activate the key, allowing me to use freely all my fingers.

8. wallofchaos Trainee Engineer

Thanks.

9. deathjdstn Trainee Engineer

Thanks a lot devs. Been playing this since survival came out and now since the last update cannot even load the game at all!!!!! I had no issues loading the game before this. This is also a fresh install of windows that i installed 2 weeks before this last update. No problems loading the game then. This week i cannot even get in.

this is what the log shows:

at SharpDX.Result.CheckError()
    at SharpDX.Direct3D11.Device.CreateGeometryShaderWithStreamOutput(IntPtr shaderBytecodeRef, PointerSize bytecodeLength, StreamOutputElement[] sODeclarationRef, Int32 numEntries, Int32[] bufferStridesRef, Int32 numStrides, Int32 rasterizedStream, ClassLinkage classLinkageRef, GeometryShader geometryShaderOut)
    at SharpDX.Direct3D11.GeometryShader..ctor(Device device, Byte[] shaderBytecode, StreamOutputElement[] elements, Int32[] bufferedStrides, Int32 rasterizedStream, ClassLinkage linkage)
    at VRageRender.MyShaders.InitGs(GeometryShaderId id)
    at VRageRender.MyShaders.CreateGs(String file, ShaderMacro[] macros, Nullable`1 streamOut)
    at VRageRender.MyFoliageGeneratingPass..ctor()
    at VRageRender.MyRender11.Init()
    at VRageRender.MyRender11.InitSubsystems()
    at VRageRender.MyRender11.CreateDevice(IntPtr windowHandle, Nullable`1 settingsToTry)
    at VRageRender.MyDX11Render.CreateDevice(IntPtr windowHandle, Nullable`1 settings)
    at VRageRender.MyRenderProxy.CreateDevice(MyRenderThread renderThread, IntPtr windowHandle, Nullable`1 settingsToTry)
    at VRage.MyRenderThread.RenderThreadStart(Object param)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)
    2016-02-09 19:24:39.371 - Thread: 10 -> Hiding window
    2016-02-09 19:24:39.525 - Thread: 1 -> Physics.Init
    2016-02-09 19:24:39.525 - Thread: 1 -> Version: Release(0), 1800,
    2016-02-09 19:24:39.533 - Thread: 1 -> HkGameName: SpaceEngineers Release
    2016-02-09 19:24:39.592 - Thread: 1 -> MySandboxGame.LoadData() - START
    2016-02-09 19:24:39.594 - Thread: 1 -> MyDefinitionManager.LoadSounds() - START
    2016-02-09 19:24:39.608 - Thread: 10 -> Hiding window done
    2016-02-09 19:24:39.608 - Thread: 10 -> Showing message
    2016-02-09 19:24:39.618 - Thread: 10 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2016-02-09 19:24:39.619 - Thread: 10 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2016-02-09 19:24:39.632 - Thread: 10 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2016-02-09 19:24:39.633 - Thread: 10 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2016-02-09 19:24:39.633 - Thread: 10 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2016-02-09 19:24:39.649 - Thread: 1 -> fe595749b75fb9583ce77d9a5fa89b8f9974de38

10. Luziferius Trainee Engineer

Right, after set keys to default copy&paste no longer works!

This is wrong, I set keys to default and copy, paste & delete no longer working!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

I wonder what new features bugs we're getting today?

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Sergeant Snuggles Junior Engineer

I'm hopeful of a sarcasm filter for the forum.....but there probably isnt a mod for that ;)

Good things coming!

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. TPheonix Trainee Engineer

I was having the same issue, and finally resorted a steam verification of all files and it worked fine after that

14. MagicalFungi Trainee Engineer

dude, the copy paste still works fine, the last update reset world settings. Copy/paste is default off on all worlds since the update. Check your settings.

15. MagicalFungi Trainee Engineer

I completely agree, so stupid that they changed the control scheme that NO ONE had a problem with to something less comfortable and UNCHANGEABLE. Did they learn nothing from the cyberdog fiasco? I mean, whos genius idea was that? This is even worse than the damn dogs, as it affects you wherever you go. Making the greatest thing about this game cumbersome and annoying. GJ Keen.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.