Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.123 - Bug fixes and improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Feb 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

If this means rotor angles and piston lengths update in real time while in the control panel as they used to,
    :carlton::carlton::carlton::carlton::carlton::carlton::carlton::carlton::carlton::carlton::carlton::carlton::carlton::carlton::carlton::carlton::carlton::carlton::carlton::carlton::carlton:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Peavy Trainee Engineer

Nice. Also not related to this update but since when did spawned planets not have a gps coord in the center of them?

3. PurrfectBlinky Trainee Engineer

Very Nice, the door selection is indeed a great quality of life improvement... however... talking about hightlights. Is it possible to turn them off? For gameplay this would be less efficient, but it would be great for recording machinima and other video content, where you want to roleplay and don't want big yellow things showing up in screen. I would suggest making them toggleable (I havent checked if this was the case yet).

4. plaYer2k Master Engineer

It appears that the rotor lock, like it was supposed to be added in update 01.122, still didnt make it into the game.

Here the quote from the changelog before.
    The pistons got the lock option though the "force weld" checkbox but rotors still lack that feature until now.

Is there a different interpretation of "lock" than the "force weld" function that "locks grids" like the landing gear do or are there other reasons for the rotors still lacking that feature?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Kivister Trainee Engineer

after the update im getting a dissapearing ship/grid bug... i was useing the small ship drills under ground and after about a minute and half the ship vanishes... i tried force block updates and am getting mixed results with getting the ship back

6. RayvenQ Moderator

Breaking Third party stuff is somewhat inevetable when a game is still in progress and still being developed, also, it's not the developers responsebility to ensure that things work with third party tools and assets every update. It sucks that they break but thats like.

• Agree Agree x 18
  7. DeltaDestiny Apprentice Engineer

Now this is the content you are looking for!
    (Insert meme here)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

No Glass Fix -> no approval from me.

• Agree x 8
    • Like x 4
    • Funny x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  9. fartmans Trainee Engineer

If they aren't going to offer ESSENTIAL features like SESE offers in their own code then they need to be working around plugins that EVERY server uses.

• Disagree Disagree x 14
  10. zjn2002 Trainee Engineer

So nothing yet on the projector bug causing ships/stations in the vicinity of it to become invisible while the projector is powered. Maybe next week?

11. The Linking Tinker Trainee Engineer

- fixed terminal screen not updating!
    Finally! I have been waiting for this for forever! Thanks for the great patch Keen!
    That is if it works, I haven't tried it out yet.

12. Nexarius Trainee Engineer

Still no fix for the solar / batteries?
    I really want to get energy from solars when my batteries are also outputting energy....

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Wizlawz Master Engineer

"Continue Adding More Highlights to Every Interactive Object in Game"

CMZ....i knew it.

who the hel is Klang?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

The air-rushing sound while jetpacking is apparently set to play when inside of the natural gravity of the planet, instead of within atmosphere.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. fartmans Trainee Engineer

Well that explains that. Thanks for posting this.

16. fartmans Trainee Engineer

This is a server feature as far as I know. Probably not seeing them because they broke the script that adds them.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. fartmans Trainee Engineer

Oh yeah everyone disagree please. Definitely developers should completely ignore the real world when making updates. Next they should push an update that breaks every planet and asteroid and wipes every save. Nobody care. Who cares? Screw the servers.

• Disagree Disagree x 11
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. XkyDiver Apprentice Engineer

Part of the Alpha process involves writing and re-writing huge swaths of the game's code. It's presented in an unfinished state because we are helping to do the bug testing. Part of the Alpha process is that, hey, your save data might get screwed up at any moment! You shouldn't have emotional investment into anything that you're creating right now, because the game itself is far from finished.

The fact that a third party has taken their time to create something that interfaces with unfinished code is great, and I'm glad you've been able to incorporate it into your gameplay to your satisfaction. But becoming verbally aggressive and hostile when a patch updates the code doesn't make you look good.

As you said, if KeenSWH provided software with similar capabilities, that software would certainly be assured to work with the updated code. However, since the code itself is not in a "release" state, but an "alpha" state, such assurances are impossible. :) No need to be grumpy, friend--we all want the best Space Engineers experience!

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 4
  19. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

And somewhere, the Edit Post-button is sobbing in a cold shower...

Real Talk.
    This is why you don't rely on mods and other third party tools. Use them when they are available, by all means, i'm terrified of midspace calling it quits for realsies myself, but if SET went the way of the dinosaurs, my worlds would survive.
    Don't slave yourself to non-vanilla stuff. They have a hard enough time keeping that working. If a missing mod or program would wreck your server - don't use that mod or program.
    End of talk.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  20. Sutima Trainee Engineer

Thing is that the vanilla stuff quickly runs dry, and missing lots of stuff that seems so silly to leave out, like autopilot and CLEAN windows, and the list goes on..
    So playing without Scripts and mods is not an option..

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  21. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

I said End of talk.
    Look.
    Playing vanilla isn't always an enjoyable experience. But it's possible.

[​IMG]
    Your saves are going to thank you next time Keen breaks everyone's favorite mod.

• Funny Funny x 5
  22. Kittani Trainee Engineer

Does glass still suck and grinders kill the sim speed? if so.... see you next week.

23. aka13 Trainee Engineer

Performance has noticeable improved in the last half of year, and even the multiplayer is somewhat more playable. Please, continue the bugfixing and optimisation! Great job you are doing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Can confirm glass still sucking.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. CCampbell Trainee Engineer

The highlights are garbage. send whoever is in charge of the UI/UX design back to the drawing board. You guys keep messing up very simple user experience stuff.... why the fack would you make the lines thicker... They are bad enough as it is. Nothing takes you out of the immersion more than stupid high lights on things you already know are interactive... make this something in tutorials only or give us a way to turn stupid stuff off.

Edit: Why the hell does the glass look like ice hocky's been played all over it. OVERKILL at least turn down the specularity so you don't notice as much if you dont have time to imporove the maps.

You guys need a Senior UI/UX Designer? I'm availble for remote work...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  26. Red Corsair Trainee Engineer

last github commit was 4 month ago... how to fix SESE?

Until you release your own SESE, please, dont break "third party stuff".

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  27. Krougal Senior Engineer

Yes, I predict it will be like the cyber-hounds. They will let us bitch about it for a good month or two before they give-in.

28. Krypt Junior Engineer

I'm pretty like old glasses from v1.090 dx 9:

Keen only need to fix reflections

• Agree Agree x 3
  29. DS_Marine Apprentice Engineer

I have a server more than one year old and I don't use SESE.
    So... no.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  30. Red Corsair Trainee Engineer

keen only need to listen hosters!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.