Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.127 - Improved autopilot, wheels replacement

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Mar 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. posthy Apprentice Engineer

Wheels and autopilot fixes! Nice list!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Vrmithrax Senior Engineer

A fully working CORE system is required for working MP. Constantly yelling and complaining about MP being more important than fixes being made in the game core is the very definition of putting the cart before the horse.

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. druppi Apprentice Engineer

cause a working MP is impossible with their game engine and never will happen so they don't even try
    it for real

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Kittani Trainee Engineer

Because they're such GOOD designers that they couldn't possibly have made a mistake. I mean who do you think you are?? They decided glass should not be transparent. Saying they screwed up is blasphemy!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

Anyone else getting bad sim speed all of a sudden?

6. tharkus Junior Engineer

Cool fixes :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Zanzikahn Trainee Engineer

good update. :) Happy to hear you guys are going hard on the netcode. Looking forward to testing this new update.

8. rifmouk Trainee Engineer

Don't talk for me, please.
    I only want a working SP first

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  9. ThyCrusader Trainee Engineer

- new respawn ship system

How do I disable this feature?
    On my server you're not supposed to access the other planets so easily without effort, so this feature kind of broke my server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Aurex Trainee Engineer

I really wanted to say something positive, but I can't since I'm still unable to play without the game apparently running out of memory every 5 minutes, sometimes refusing to load and/or save altogether - thus corrupting my savegames. Lost 5 hours of work due to this, and many more trying to pinpoint the issue. The bug was reported, but no official help or even a confirmation about them working on the issue came (even with the community being more than helpful about the matter). This has been going on for 3 weeks and I am forced to stop playing altogether for the moment. All of this on a perfectly functioning rig, confirmed after running dozen of tests and even launching the game from a fresh install of windows 8.1.

11. jonnytaco Apprentice Engineer

small grid gyro override still not fixed?....

Come on...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

I like those fixes, especially the autopilot. I've not extensively used that block for a while now. The wheel replacement option is a very nice addition! Thanks Keen!

13. Cassius Faux Apprentice Engineer

Wheel repairs are really nice. But.. Please. Please please please PLEASE. Fix wheel construction stages........ You cant build wheels alongside eachother in survival because the wire "mesh" of the wheel construction is larger than the wheel itself when its built, making you unable to build a wheel beside another one due to invalid collision issues that shouldn't even exist.

These also apply to the other non-suspension wheels. Which also need to be fixed.. Its just a model collision boundary swap.
    It cant be that hard can it?

Probably poor example of what I mean:
    [​IMG]

Wire mesh = Bigger than complete wheel. Which causes heaps of issues with vehicles that use wheels like so:
    [​IMG]

Please fix wheel construction.......................

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. ATMLVE Apprentice Engineer

Hm. No doubt a time consuming and laborious process to revert a texture back to one that already exists. Will probably be several more weeks.

• Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Late x 2
    • Like x 1
  15. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

The glass is transparent. It's fully functional. It's adequate for most conceivable uses. The texture was not a mistake. It was intentional. "Worn, scratched and dented" has always been a core feature of SE textures. Although the current texture is serviceable, Marek has apparently agreed that the texture should change. What was not said is that the next texture will be perfect clean glass. We've never had that. Marek also said in his last stream, while playing the original version of the game, that he liked the old textures, i.e. worn, scratched and dented.

It seems that every other game similar to this one gives you ships that always look brand new no matter what it's been through. Every fighter comes with a can of Turtle Wax. There's one game out there where things look more like they should. That's this game. The designers didn't make a mistake. They tried something different. Saying they screwed up is not blasphemy, it's just wrong. The game's not finished yet.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
  16. lostjounin Trainee Engineer

Wow I never even noticed that the mesh was bigger than the actual wheel :/ I agree this should probably be fixed, can't be to difficult to scale down the mesh slightly?

17. Hanfree Apprentice Engineer

Fix too the long loading times in a empty map without asteroids (1:35 to loading and i dont go to talk about a world with planets and all my other ships etc)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Cassius Faux Apprentice Engineer

They could possibly make it so the frame of the wheel when welding is the hub part, and on the final welding stage it'd give it the tire? Something like that. But its a rather annoying issue.

19. Echillion Senior Engineer

Now that Autopilot is getting fixed? Does this mean that Cargo ships can be turned back on? Also when are the NPC factions being sorted out so we can have enemy pirates and neutral IMDC Mercs again? as I really want to be able to turn exploration and the cargo ships and pirates back on?

p.s Pretty Please sort that glass out and give the Argentavis some love? Thanks for all your hard work

p.p.s please sort out the custom skyboxes as whenever I put a modded one on its just blackness and as much as I like the default one I'd like a Gamma Cloud/brighter one?

Thanks again

20. Morningdude Trainee Engineer

Again, we need the ability to DELETE PLANETS. and the ability to make spawning and deleting planets admin only! c'mon, no one else has this GIANT problem?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. lostjounin Trainee Engineer

Yeah, I agree. It's good to know as I'm currently planning some land vehicles and can see the disadvantage with this bug. I assume a report has been made on the Bug forum? Hopefully they will patch it, but it most likely isn't considered high priority... what with all the crying over netcode, MP, and of course glass lol!

22. ukpython Trainee Engineer

please fix the bug that makes the sky vanish when using a light withing the gravity reach of a planet with or without an atmosphere, its annoying and makes the game look like a bad photoshop job, any form of light from helmet light to block light, and texture for blocks seems to be downgraded a lot.

23. Pro3Display Apprentice Engineer

cargo ships don't use autopilot. drones and argentavis do

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. Gwindalmir Senior Engineer

Things aren't always as easy as they appear.

Your screenshots don't actually show the collision meshes. The model mesh has nothing to do with the collision mesh, so the fact it 'appears' larger is just visual.
    That's not to say the collision meshes actually aren't messed up, it's just your images don't show that.

The other thought I had was that the wheel physics don't activate until the model is complete, which means changing the model or collision mesh wouldn't fix this, it would in fact require a code fix (hence being harder than it appears).

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Echillion Senior Engineer

And that's why they crash into planets! because they cant avoid the gravity well and plummet to their doom!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  26. Hanfree Apprentice Engineer

"- fixed camera gets into characters head"
    Not fixed
    Put a character in the floor push W then A then S then D and you can se the head and the mouth flashing in the screen

Edit: i dont see the funny thing here @MontyTheGreat

Edit 2 : Kids

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  27. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

He dares to mock Clang?!!!

May the death-by-a-thousand-rotors be upon him!

• Funny Funny x 4
  28. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

Very happy with this update (most updates actually).
    What about the "avoid collision" feature of the autopilot?
    I might be using it wrong, but if it's purpose is to go around other vehicles/ships then it still does a very poor job in reaching the final goal. It takes forever.

29. Veador Trainee Engineer

I found this strings in landers' .sbc :
    <UsePositionForSpawn>true</UsePositionForSpawn>
    <PlanetSpawnHeightRatio>0.005</PlanetSpawnHeightRatio>

Can you explain it please? Now, I can make special spawn point on my DS??

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  30. OrfanKrippler Apprentice Engineer

I don't think it would take that many.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.