Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.128 - New Animation System

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. druppi Apprentice Engineer

yeah end of ancient technology finely

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Gwindalmir Senior Engineer

Um, Keen, I hope it's just a bad April fools joke, but *ALL* modding tools have been removed.

Modelviewer, mwmbuilder, space texture converter, FBX models, all of it.
    Gone.

The ModSDK itself has been gutted and reduced to the Documentation.chm file.

(I'm sure it was an accident, I'm just making a further bad joke.) :)

3. RayvenQ Moderator

You can enable them by editing the save file to turn them back on, that works for any map, no need to switch DX versions but if you do it on a planet map it can lead to performance issues due to various things.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. rexxar Senior Engineer

Soon.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Martinowitsch Trainee Engineer

Now that you removed Dx9 Support, there should be an option for User who doesnt use Planets in some games and want to add Cargo Ships there like before Planets

Since deactivating the Cargo Ships for Planets there was the go around with going to Dx9 for activating CS but now?!?
    And no! i shouldn't have to edit every time the savegame only for activating or deactivating this option!

6. Schnitzel 2 Apprentice Engineer

IDK what keen is doing :woot::p

but if u guys want to show keen weekly updates just make us angry u can vote for this poll

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mikiy Trainee Engineer

must say im slightly disappointed to see that none of the major bugs that we run into all the time in the last week seem to have been addressed in that patch yet. namely those:

- Major sim speed drop since the update before ( http://forums.keenswh.com/threads/0...-sim-speed-drop-from-previous-version.7381711 )
    - Gravity issues ( http://forums.keenswh.com/threads/01-127-11-gravity-not-letting-go.7381755/#post-1286959184 )
    - Sun doesn't rotate on dedicated servers ( http://forums.keenswh.com/threads/0...er-does-not-account-for-sun-rotation.7381886/ )
    - Lots of inventory issues, relogging usually fixes em tho, so i guess its some sort of desynchronization too that seems to occur after playing a while, mostly happening after flying around in spectator mode a while or leaving planets it seems.
    - desynchronizations, often when i login to our ds a ship is missing, or sticking into the ground/below ground.. relogging a couple times usually fixes this, but considering it takes like... 5-10 minutes to load into a world, this is rather annoying!

Nice work on the animation system tho! Cant wait to see the game getting some better transition animations :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Stradosphere Trainee Engineer

Is this problem only occurs at 400&500 series of Nvidia graphics cards or happening on 600&700 series as well ?

9. Cassius Faux Apprentice Engineer

Details on this? Anyone? Can wheels be replaced on vehicles like this: [​IMG]

The front wheels, not the back. The back ones are illegal in every way and the game wants to kill itself because of it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Ricktor87 Trainee Engineer

If you took the time to quote my post, then you must have taken the time to read it I hope, because I already said that. I think you need to re-read what was posted. :p

Edit - Hope that didn't come off condescending, wasn't meant to be, my bad.

I'm just referring to the fact of people who don't know how to edit the files, I code and mod on numerous games so it's not a TERRIBLE concern to me. Just more of an insight regarding the removal of DX9 support etc.

That and I would really like to see the flags for npc spawning. You have scripting in place to determine distance etc already in place, so setting another variable - I.e. distance from a planetary body shouldn't be to difficult, that way they can just be re-enabled at peoples leisure without needing to edit thier save files, because honestly, you can't expect even 50% of a player base on any game to really be comfortable / knowledgeable enough to do these things.

11. noname42 Trainee Engineer

uhm...
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. rexxar Senior Engineer

Cargo ships are disabled in DX11 because you can still paste in a planet manually. If it's at all possible for there to be a planet in the world, cargo ships are disabled.

13. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

It would be really nice to have a version of the game that didn't screen lock every so often.

14. Ricktor87 Trainee Engineer

Yes, if there can be a planet then they will crash... "Under CURRENT parameters" - hence why they need to be tweaked some, or re-enabled, with maybe a warning prompt when you check the box regarding planets and cargo ships. Similar to the truncated inventory prompt when lowering inventory multiplier when editing save game settings.

15. Zilverwing Trainee Engineer

so i had this question for a while now, and i wondered will we get something similar to what we have with walls like in medieval engineers?
    as in block within block to make better corners and seal up strange corners without making it look bad.

16. chrisb2e9 Trainee Engineer

I had the same issue. Quitting and going back in fixed my inv. Don't know if its going to happen again though.

17. McTraveller Apprentice Engineer

Alas, poor DX9, and ye thirty-two bits, we knew ye well, but now lament thy being set to pasture.

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. rexxar Senior Engineer

They can't enable cargo ships. The ships have a small chance to spawn inside a planet, which can crash the game, or worse, break your save file completely. That is not an option.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. gimmilfactory Junior Engineer

My server runs smooth as of last weeks update...I've also never ever had an issue escaping planets gravity...maybe you're doing it all wrong lol.

You are fully correct. Whoever wrote the original WINE configuration setup for SEDS will have to go back and implement and patch over the 64bit assassemblies.

I just upgaded from the 660 Ti during last week's patch..Everything worked fine on it.

Those are called compound blocks; and yes from what I can remember them mentioning, we are either getting those..or some kind of layer/socket system on some blocks that will enable a block to attach to/within others. (Like a light in a passageway...not like a grav gen with a pillar through it). But don't quote me on it because I have no info to cite at the moment...stupid job-work thing.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Hyperion Trainee Engineer

Was the camera always moving back and forth in such an annoying way when floating with jetpack on, or did this update introduce it?

21. Auhrii Apprentice Engineer

22. deathcat99 Trainee Engineer

Were you using a speed mod at all??

23. Ricktor87 Trainee Engineer

One last time, this is why i was referring to the ability to enable them with ASTEROID maps, not everyone cares about planets. And as to enabling them in settings, again this is going towards the people who really could care less for planets. But there is no difference between allowing us to simply enable them in the settings same as cyberhounds / saberoids, for when we decide to load up an empty world etc vs a planetary save, OR they need to redo the coding for their spawn parameters.

Just before someone tries to "outline" a point I've already made clear numerous times yet again, this would be the process.

Game setup - Check cargo ships - Receive warning regarding incompatibility with planet saves.

If the said person still insists on doing it then that is their issue for not reading the warning, same as when you read a post about enabling them by editing save files, which carry a similar warning on the thread etc you read it from. Over half of this community got what they wanted with planets, I for one didn't. Yeah they are cool and all, but I recall when the game was heading towards being semi stable for a time, and it's finally beginning to steer in that direction once more. So, I would much appreciate the option to just enable the settings I want in the game modes I'm setting, without needing to start up a game, go out close the game, edit files, come back etc. Also, half of this little spiel again was referred towards people who are not comfortable editing their save files, because as said, realistically you cannot expect 50%+ of a user base to do such things, either by lack of knowledge or other varying factors.

Hope this clarifies my viewpoint solidly enough that it's understood this time... :eek:ops:

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Me 10 Jin Apprentice Engineer

Cargo ships can easily avoid planets if they are on auto pilot and given a loop route that doesn't intersect planet gravity. Of course this won't stop MeowCaptain from spawning a black dwarf on top of one.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  25. RayvenQ Moderator

Wait, editing a text file might be hard for people who own a computer?

It's something that is being worked on, with a bit of help from Rexxar, last I heard, so they will be coming back, its a matter of when.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  26. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

So that's what it looks like when you divide by 0 in SE. Me likey :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  27. Ricktor87 Trainee Engineer

Very nice, I was just curious if they were ever having a hope of coming back :D lol.... Again apologies if anything I said sounded condescending or anything, I seriously didn't mean anything in that manner. hehe I've had the game for ages now and don't post normally since bugs I see are already posted etc, and had patiently waited ever since planets first came around for my precious pirating adventures again. :tu: I'll exit stage left now. Cheers.

Side note - I don't run a DS, but I know of all the work you did with SESE Rexxar and as a supporter of the community I do thank you for all of your and every other community members efforts to improve the game. I would but the rate the code base changes and rate I see mods grind to a halt, I just don't have that kind of time sadly.

So again thank you all.

*throws soap box out the window - toodles*:D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  28. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

They're working on it. Troll the Discord server.

29. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

• Funny Funny x 1
  30. Ranger Trainee Engineer

Is the sim speed now linked to ship and jetpack acceleration? Also my ship is now negative mass Im afraid to even move it

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.