Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.138 - Bug Fixes and Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Jun 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Thnikkalemur Apprentice Engineer

Any landing you can walk away from and not subsequently bleed out in the next few minutes... is a good one. (I'd like to keep my arms, as useless as they are for walking. I'm kind of attached to them.)

2. gothosan Junior Engineer

Bug report, doors should not be venting at all :p
    Thanks for the update :)

3. thatguywithahammer Apprentice Engineer

Huh. I thought it was a feature. I liked having helmet lights shine through the glass.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. kingkrieg Apprentice Engineer

Fixes are good, always good, just so wish there had been a spoiler on this update video. I have to admit, i found this update video a bit disappointing, but thats just how the hype train works.

on that note, the moment theres liquid water on planets, ill staple my balls to the wall in excitement! just a few days ago i was discussing with friends about the possibilities if there was liquid water/oceans in the game and the opportunities that would be present for such!

I hope the guys at keen manage to pull it off, that, and more!

5. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

Any landing you can walk away from is a good one ....

but a truly excellent landing is one where the plane can be used again :)

Now to go test the new particles! I know Aziz was keen to fix a few issues where the particles were not showing how he wanted. Assuming that man with the drill hasn't come around for revenge!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Anubis 2 Trainee Engineer

you're so cute

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Harlequin Otterdog Trainee Engineer

Pretty blue planet, so ether a 'ocean' style with ice or a actually working water planet. I'll take ether as long as it doesn't tank my setup.

The version of the landing quote I've actually heard personally is, "Any landing your passengers can walk away from is a good one."

8. dylangreen162 Trainee Engineer

so have they fixed the autosave bug where it teleports you back to the spot on save causing destruction and or death?
    Been waiting on that for like a month and a half now.

9. Sonylization Trainee Engineer

Love the update! However, can you please fix the wy turrets wont recognise its mothership as an obstacle when attacked to it via pistons/rotors?

10. Allammo Apprentice Engineer

Nice fixes! Hope to see more of them, especially performance improvements.

11. Anubis 2 Trainee Engineer

if they do water maybe lava too.. Anubis needs geo-thermal Generators uranium needs to be made obsolete

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Pegas519 Apprentice Engineer

Good job guys. As always, the one who complain should be put in the dev skin, just for once. :D

13. Scorpion00021 Senior Engineer

@Xocliw of all people should know the dangers of showing a blue planet on an update video.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Logi Apprentice Engineer

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Inc1te Trainee Engineer

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Harlequin Otterdog Trainee Engineer

Well, it may just be a simulated ocean planet using ice, much like they do now with lakes on earth like planets. Which I'll take as perfectly acceptable.

17. Timotei~ Apprentice Engineer

The water hype will flood the world. :D

Anyway, nice fixes, as always.:tu:

18. Donta Trainee Engineer

I'd like to see fixes to planets to make them feasible in multiplayer. The gravity issue where when you just unlock your landing gear and shoot up high enough to break orbit without touching anything is nearly game breaking. I'm sure Keen has their priorities though. This is a great list of bug fixes so far. Can't wait for next week now.

19. druppi Apprentice Engineer

shouldn't you not work on bug fixes instead smashing F5 all day long !?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Timotei~ Apprentice Engineer

Even if it is written "developer" on Xocliw's tag, he is actually responsible for public relation and media production. He's not a programmer.
    --- Automerge ---
    I found a fix for that bug. I Build a roof over my landing bay. It only cost me one ship each time I try to take off. As a bonus, I always have reasons to build brand new ships. I'm a genius!

• Funny Funny x 5
  21. Hyperion Trainee Engineer

So far the most fixes that I encountered aswell, out of any other update. Nice job!

22. Wayne Barraclough Trainee Engineer

23. Manticore Apprentice Engineer

First!...... among equals.

Thanks KSH!

24. AndyRock Trainee Engineer

Unfortunately if you bound your handbrake to a hotbar key in an effort to prevent this, it would still toggle all landing gears and connectors, resulting in my transport rover dropping a small mining ship which promptly blew up when I tried to use the handbrake via the hotbar. Really hoping this is fixed

25. posthy Apprentice Engineer

Yes, Keen will give us liquid water on planets. In SE2. We have to wait only 8 years for that :D

Lava on the other hand could be simulated I think. Some property of it at least. I'm not really familiar with gaming engines, but I doubt implementing danger zones would be too hard...

26. ATMLVE Apprentice Engineer

Where are the dancing devs?

27. Grahag Trainee Engineer

Definitely having the same issue. Easy Inventory and Automatic Ore Pickup are both broken. I've gotten so used to playing with them, that I don't want to play without them.

28. Tigerstripe Apprentice Engineer

29. Jebblue Trainee Engineer

I liked the quote (and the game). Coming from Submarines, we had a quote too well a lot of them frankly.

As long as the number of surfaces equals the number of dives, it's a good day.

-author unknown

30. chemicalscum Apprentice Engineer

Doubt the teaser is about water, but more about size. That blue planet looks huge.. :)

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.