Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.139 - Stable branch, Update 01.140 dev - Planetary improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Jun 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. dylangreen162 Trainee Engineer

Autosave problem fixed? Yes no? ok another week of not being able to play.

2. jondios Trainee Engineer

Ejem...

Dual Universe. Maybe the end to Space engineers?
    Wake up and give us the game you promise us years ago Marek.

• Agree x 3
    • Disagree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Late x 1
  3. Frigidman Apprentice Engineer

"STABLE" branch, lmfao.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Capt. Favio Apprentice Engineer

holy shit! that game!

5. Meteo Trainee Engineer

Dual Universe Trailer

Dual Universe website
    http://www.dualthegame.com/

It seems that has definitely been left behind SE, was my favorite game, but it is clear that either do not know or do not want the game progresses, week after week reports that something is managed not to be, and the next week again say that they fix.

You have been out of time "sleep on our laurels" You did not want to do what you ought to and you have only got a mediocre game, which should have been a classic reference in its genre, but all we have is a game where everything works erratically or not. He has appeared who has taken the job seriously and soon we can see if they do better than you, it's hard not to be them because after almost 3 years of Early Acces SE long ago that at least degas in a beta fairly stable with its contents, but do not you let them do the work moders to sell more copies and pay for their flagship project "Good AI" in which empty pockets until now they llenava the SE.

That people just are not stupid, faithful to the SE but everything has a limit and after 2700 hours in his game and years of bugs that do not appear to intend to solve it is time to go to more serious projects that if they appear know what people want and how.

The "Dual Universe" soon came to do what you have not known how or wanted to do with his game, and I fear his already long gone and all that have failed to prioritize what should Dedicated Servers and content. Only false fixations of bugs which never have been solved in years.

They should have prioritized the importance and now I think it's too late, because surely would do better to make a new game to try to fix the they have. And what surely they will eventually make, leaving badly patched the SE, I'm not willing to lose more time waiting wanting me to sell a "SE2" that is what should have been.

I leave linck the game mentioned that surely will give us what you have not been able or willing to give us, so that if you really care about your community take example and know admit their mistakes and may someday be hope for the SE, if this last time they decide to do the right thing.

Become aware of their mistakes, true, I try to fix things as and when they should, and the same community and fans of SE we can have hope. Although the way they have been these last three years is little hope left.

No more greetings and clarify that this is not a post of criticism if not last call to do what they should and trust that there is still hope to see someday ended without obsolete (that much will have to work because right now the game is outdated in all fields of development and gameplay).

And remember geniuses work hard, only mediocre live on their incomes. I hope to see my post as constructive and they can understand that this can not go on, or work and progress and development or cancel the project and to stop wasting time and hope to people.

P.D: Sorry for my English, google translator

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

LMFAO outa my chair here!!

So i'm starting up the new "stable branch" for the first time.
    After that i'm not touching anything yet... *boom* crash:eek:ops:

:D:D:D

-- EDIT --
    And again, and again, and again... my world opens up for 45 seconds max. then crashes.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

"We Now Have a Stable Version" Translation>"We now have a version that updates the same updates as the other every month while the "other" branch continues to progress forward at a weekly pace"

**This also means if something is BROKEN in stable branch you have to wait another month for a potential fix***

It is important to note I am neutral towards this whole thing, I merely stating facts here. Here's an Opinion I have: If they had followed the Stable/Dev Branching System from the start it would've been more welcomed by the player-base that remained but the overall player base would've left long ago.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

SE isn't an MMO, another game being better is hardly going to cut into their revenue. Having said that: i'll believe it when i see it myself, that video looks too good to be true on the performance-side (and doesn't really show off all that much; who knows what that engine can and can't handle).

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. DMATH Trainee Engineer

Aww yeah Dev branch, this should silence the people who don't like testing new features and discovering bugs.

10. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Pfffttt... Stable... It's all about riding the wave~

[​IMG]

I like how the planets look in Duel Universe... they look like crusty..

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Meteo Trainee Engineer

You get all that information on its website. As you say be credible when they see (try), but so far their reports and communication far outweigh that of Ken Software, and seem to have very clear where to go with your game.
    http://www.dualthegame.com/

12. CCampbell Trainee Engineer

Planet > Orbit Crashes every time with this update.

- Why the hell does manipulating terminal UI elements cause ships and stations to rise and lower STILL? this has been an obvious bug for about 2 months now...

There is no such thing as a stable branch yet...

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

*hands @Harrekin the popcorn*
    *whispers*
    You know, he's not wrong though. "Stable" Branch was a terrible, terrible naming decision. Can't blame 'im..

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Pez Apprentice Engineer

So you bought into the hype huh? Your probably one of those people who pre-order a product before getting a demo or seeing it in action. The devs of this game have literally not shown anything except a scripted video. None of that was live play even if they say it was. It's E3 they wanted to build hype for this game. It even says on their website that it's pre-alpha. On the wiki they are filling out themselves they say they are working on putting the voxel building into the game. I think you really need to take it with a grain of salt because often times before these games are finished its nearly a different game. They might not finish development for 4 years from today. I mean no man's sky has taken over 4 years and space engineers is right up there too. These kinds of games are not made in a short amount of time. Space engineers could and probably will get to the point where they can autogenerate planets, but its not quite there yet. The keen house software guys want to make a working solar system.

Don't buy the hype because all the potential in the world is just that, potential. Potential by itself isn't worth anything. Keen house software, you guys are great. I can't wait to see space engineers when it's feature complete and in beta.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  15. The Mechanic Trainee Engineer

First: Posting Dual Universe stuff here is just plain rude.

Second: The only things I have seen about that game are promises and concept art. You will excuse me if I don't hold my breath for it.

Third: I do believe I am going to head over to the dev branch. That's where all the cool kids are hanging out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Thedevistator Senior Engineer

Thank you for being the smart person and realize concepts are concepts games are games. Anyone can make a concept, a lot less can make a game. I want to see how they actually plan to do this because from a technical standpoint it doesn't make sense. First of all this scale has never been done so they'd probably need a custom physics engine and render engine. Which considering how they're a new team and doesn't have the man power or the budget already is a huge problem with their plan. Then there's dual universe AKA ambition the game. No other game in development or released is going for this scale and they're experienced and large. These guys are new and small. Believe what you want but this is reality and it doesn't pass the test.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Scorpion00021 Senior Engineer

Dual universe looks cool, but it also looks like a ton of prefab geometry. Might buy at some point, but it doesnt look comparable to SE

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Agreed. First things first i'm gonna hazard a guess and say it's probably not going to have too much physics going on, especially with damage and voxel manipulation... which could, potentially, be right up my alley.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. PhoenixTheSage Junior Engineer

I haven't seen any details on the game, but I'm willing to bet it is just the Unity engine. Also, remember, they did not show planet voxel deformation/destruction.
    Planets are relatively easy to do in procedural generators when they are static geometry.

20. Pez Apprentice Engineer

Actually it's not the unity engine. Its Unigine 2. In addition to what your saying, its going to be more like how spore was like. You can make your ships and buildings, but at the end of the day your ships will have life bars, not come apart like in space engineers. Honestly though I don't think it's gonna be much competition for space engies. It's foremostly going to be an exploration MMO. That attracts exploration players. Space engineers is a game for achievers and player killers. Depending on the game mode it can also be for social players, but its not quite there yet. The target audience this game is supposedly being made for isn't the space engineer crowd. If you read their dev blogs its going to be targeted at WoW type players.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  21. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

I am amazed at some of the negativity, especially from some of the more "respected" in the community.
    Most people would love the chance to test things before they went into the game.

Keen isn't twisting your arm to make you play the non stable version, it is a chance for you to be a tester, plain and simple.

The stable version will get updated, maybe not as often as it did.

Grow up folks and get off your "elitist" and "I'm entitled" boxes.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. CillianRaynor Trainee Engineer

do not despair, i'm sure they'll get to it within a year or two.

Literally almost nobody seems to care much about ambient lighting. Whereas for me it's pretty much a game breaker.

23. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

Dual Universe, yeah nice video of a flashy fancy look of a rushed system which it highly doubt being nearly as complex as SE has.
    Call me spoiled but flying from world to world doesn't impress me either.
    Also it seems like it's having a completely different orientation to it. It's all about having economics, politics and society on which the technology builds around and thus technically doesn't have to be all that.

SE is more building, engineering and fun with or without teamplay.

24. megapro Trainee Engineer

I call every (wannabe) "mathematical" formula to calculate if there is extraterestrial life (apart from what we sent to space ourselfs) BS. We know exactly one planet that's proven to have life so you can't say 1 out of 10000000 or even 1 out of 2 since we only have the definite data for a single planet. what you can do is calculate which planets have a habitable zone (that is for life as we know it but there could be totally different life) but that's not a proof that life actually exists on that planet.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Also, from what I have seen of it they will be using a subscription model.... so you won't be buying the game and then you can play it as much as you want...

Which for me is basically telling me I will never want it ever for any reason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Pez Apprentice Engineer

Also worth mentioning that I got from here
    http://www.streetinsider.com/Press+...st+Boundless+MMO,+Dual+Universe/11668632.html

Novaquark's founder is Jean-Christophe Baillie an expert in Artificial Intelligence and Robotics who also happens to be an avid gamer. Having worked for Sony CSL and as Chief of Science & Technology at Aldebaran Robotics (creators of the Nao robot) he created Novaquark in 2014 to fuse his knowledge of science to the world of games.

J.C. Baillie says: "I am a huge fan of games like Eve Online and Space Engineers. I took inspiration from such games to imagine what could be the future of the MMO experience: a continuous world with planets, huge building possibilities, social and political aspects, but without the boundaries that so often restrict the gameplay. This idea needs a lot of tech and emergent game design that is not so far from AI and other fields I'm familiar with. So, I got a first prototype working back in 2014, and Novaquark was born soon after."

27. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

The problem isn't any elitism but that both branches will suffer: Dev Branch because of decreased testing and, well, the one-week-deadline that already didn't work before, and the Stable Branch from lack of testing, lack of bugfixing updates, bugs left over from the Dev Branch, bugs in it's own code, bugs that happen during transition from one to the other....

Well that's why you use the term "chance". However, you could say that we know that the possibility - not the chance - of life developing is 1 - because we're here to talk about it. If it happened here it can happen at other places as well. And with all that time and space... people like to mention how vast space is but they usually don't talk about Deep Time. Personally i find it quite unlikely that there isn't some spacefaring civilization out there right now - but maybe a bunch existed a few million years ago. Maybe a bunch will exist in a few billion. Who knows.
    Maybe they're all dead because they all voted for Space Trump.

What kind of idiot has a paid sub model in 2016?

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Mix-martes86 Senior Engineer

¿"Dormirse en nuestros laureles"? :p
    Doesn't sound right.

That stuff damages your brain, don't use it. / Esas cosas te dañan el cerebro, no las uses. :D

29. Thedevistator Senior Engineer

Artificial Intelligence? Well knowing Marek then I would be surprised if he's aware of this project already considering they have two major things in common. Now while it's unlikely a collaboration between the two would be something I would like to see.

30. PhoenixTheSage Junior Engineer

@Commander Rotal The only thing I can't agree with what you're saying is that the weekly schedule wasn't working. IMO it was working just fine, and in reality, it wasn't truly weekly (waterfall production). Yes, their testers were failing us pretty badly from week-to-week...but so what...we still bought into the alpha to help with testing. Even people who think they didn't, that was the agreement they accepted whether they were smart enough to understand it or not.

This Stable/Dev idea is just the dumbest thing for so many reasons though...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.