Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.142 - Revised Building System

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

Wow, interesting, thanks Keen! Not sure I'll personally need those two indicators, can I trurn them off?

2. Hald Trainee Engineer

ough, meteorites isn't came back... =(

3. Triboke Trainee Engineer

hello, space engineers is not updated me for two weeks, i have until the update 1.139 and i can't download new updates, why??

4. Hald Trainee Engineer

because you need to switch to dev version, right-click on SE at your steam library, select properties, and click on BETA tab, choose "development" there. and here you go! =)

5. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

You're on the Stable Branch which isn't updated for weeks; it only gets the newest bugs when the Dev Branch is done not testing them because nobody outside these threads even know it exists (@Xocliw aaaand another one! So surprising.). To go to the proper branch (called Dev, updated weekly) you go to your Steam Library, rightclick on Properties, open the Beta-tab and select Dev. Or don't.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Triboke Trainee Engineer

oohh, thanks @Hald and @Commander Rotal, now i can update : D thanks again and see you in the space >.<

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. LocInt Apprentice Engineer

Good job. Game is no longer freezing!

8. AtomicJunkie Trainee Engineer

Please fix the following issues:
    - the last used block subtype must be saved
    - same with the rotation
    - all blocks should be accessible through the G-screen menu as they were before (maybe under "All Blocks" or so)
    - are there buttons to replace the mouse wheel when neccesary? especially with the new block selection mode

9. Thedevistator Senior Engineer

Yes you're right. *Face Palm* So how about Shift R or something I don't know there's so many keys I need to go find one not used.

10. Safrguns Trainee Engineer

Minor fixes to pistons and rotors??? This mean they dont blow up anymore?
    I really like the new building system and G screen organization! Nice work there!

Please tell us what plans are for fixing multiplayer. Is it a priority? cause right now its effectively only a single player game.

11. Amerikanovich Apprentice Engineer

Wait wait wait, so is it possible to build small grid stations now? ???

12. DS_Marine Apprentice Engineer

Did you check the world option that requires you to place a grid touching a voxel in order to be a station? it might be off, meaning you can have a station anywhere.

13. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

CTRL is now used for placing a block as if clicking the left mouse button.
    So pasting a set of blocks, as well as other actions that use the CTRL-button, are now also placing blocks everywhere.

I also think it's annoying that the distance for block placing is fixed.

Is anyone talking about that?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

I am. I've been constantly deleting blocks yesterday because the fixed block distance made me instinictively try to use CTRL-Mousewheel.

@Xocliw
    this is a huge issue. Great example: accidentally placed a fucking Cockpit, because of course i wanted to move the goddamn block out of my fucking sight since now the goddamn block is ALWAYS displayed despite not wanting to put a goddamn fucking block anywhere. Now that a gander at this:

[​IMG]

See the problem? I now have to physically fly up to that fucking Cockpit because the goddamn block isn't far enough away to contact for a rightclick, and trying it with CTRL-X with a block selected only places a new fucking block which immediately gets deleted, leaving the original untouched. Nope nope, i have to switch to a tool first. Who thought this was saving time?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

Yeah, i think this should be changed for sure.
    I like the new order of the G-screen though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

I'm deeply annoyed by having to type shit in to get a selection of all blocks instead of being allowed the use of the All Blocks-tab but while it is npnsensical, impractical timeconsuming and just generally a step backwards, after actually trying it i would agree that the changes to block placing are way, way worse than the G-menu changes. It hinders the workflow and feels like a slightly less limited Survival-system because the block distance always seems to be too short to reach the hull.

Edit: can confirm Memory Leak worse than before the update.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  17. Drui Keen Update Guy Staff

Development branch, update 007:
    - fixed crash in remote control
    - fixed moving safety locked small rotor head on large rotor

Stable branch, update 009:
    - fixed crash when using shield mod
    --- Automerge ---
    Thanks for helping us test the dev branch where everything is work in progress. Please note all bugs you encounter in the bug section of the forums and we will try to remedy them ;)
    Thanks a lot again!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Krougal Senior Engineer

And I have to say it hasn't gone unnoticed (at least by myself :p) that KSH staff seem to be much more actively involved in the bug report section lately :)
    Git'er'dun!

19. Saitek Trainee Engineer

Um how about fix the dam net code for MP servers

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Maybe for Christmas.

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. posthy Apprentice Engineer

Hmm, I'm probably just naive, but I kinda hope, that block size selection is a preparation for combinable large/small grids...

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Krougal Senior Engineer

I'm thinking the same thing, because it was an otherwise pointless change.

23. legendkiller165 Trainee Engineer

Still getting the stupid weekly updates allthough I never opted for it and you said that the default one is the stable 1 month update

24. druppi Apprentice Engineer

so all the fixes are in the DEV version for now?
    except them under: "Stable branch, update 009:"

When the next STABLE Patch will come?

25. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

In two weeks or so. Stable is supposed to update once a month but don't expect it to be a hard rule.

26. taleden Trainee Engineer

This update looks to have fixed my issue with VRage.MyFixedPoint, thanks very much! However, "MyRelationsBetweenPlayerAndBlock" is still prohibited. Will that also be whitelisted shortly, or is there some other way to test if the Programmable Block and another block have the same owner? This is what I was doing before, which no longer works:
    Code:
    if (block.GetUserRelationToOwner(Me.OwnerId) == MyRelationsBetweenPlayerAndBlock.Owner || block.GetUserRelationToOwner(Me.OwnerId) == MyRelationsBetweenPlayerAndBlock.FactionShare)

27. Gwindalmir Senior Engineer

Indeed, sorry. I didn't know you were referring to ingame scripts. I confirmed it doesn't work in ingame scripts. Sorry for the confusion. I almost never use PB scripts, so my first reaction is ModAPI.
    --- Automerge ---
    It seems pointless to me to need that. Ingame scripts *cannot* access any block not owned by the PB owner.
    The only reason I can think of is you needed to know faction specific sharing information. But why?
    I'm curious.
    --- Automerge ---
    I tried that already, it didn't work. Searching for blocks still returns the variant groups. Next time I'm in-game I can post as screenshot.

28. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

So who decided to remove the option to disable Station Voxel Support?

29. Scorpion00021 Senior Engineer

Does it no longer display as a server option?

30. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

You can now add an option to turn ships to stations in the Control Panel but after a sizeable chunk of my Station floated away after cutting it off from the rest i wondered if i had accidentally actived Station Voxel Support in the World Edits - except it doesn't exist anymore. You're now forced to use it, it seems.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.