Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[Update 01.144 STABLE] Projections not completing properly

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Lord Commissar, Aug 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

projections now fail to complete building. the interface claims that this is out of bounds. it worked perfectly prior to the update today, and you'll also note that the interface's claim is not true, because clearly the bottom of this projection is complete.

also, that fails to work, while this, which is somewhat similar, completes with no issues.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

Projections even on the same grid will not complete properly... Like 3 blocks build and nothing else will even if I try and manually weld with the hand tools

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. jonnytaco Apprentice Engineer

I can confirm this happening as well.

Projections also don't seem to show up at all until you mess with the positional sliders.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. sammyvoncheese Apprentice Engineer

Not "stable" stream...

Blueprints which could be printed before are still not working after the hotfix...

Current project impact from bugs...

Projectors not fully working
    Auto pilot not working / gyroscopes (not sure which one is broken anymore)
    Batteries not working
    Drill bugs
    and the list keeps going..

I liked the game better when I only had 16 asteroids and I could actually have fun building things that worked.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Acolyte Apprentice Engineer

I'm having the same problem as OP, but with conveyor tubes

6. welkar926 Apprentice Engineer

Same problem here, my missile cruiser's missiles appear outside of it when I turn on the projector.
    Making even a tiny adjustment on the positional sliders gets it back into position.

7. sammyvoncheese Apprentice Engineer

They announced that change in the dev branch a week or two ago, breaks all BPs.. Part of the new build system changes, the center of a BP is now the first block placed.

I am seeing the problem where existing blueprints will no longer build (using movable welding heads to print blueprint) as they use to. Parts will not build, seems like blocks near the edges of the blueprint are effected more.

This previously posted world can be used as to demonstrate this issue (missiles are not fully built). Note: This world could also be used as a block unit test case for projectors (multiple), batteries, auto pilot, sensors, programmable blocks, timers, gps coordinates, performance....

Here is my world. Steps to reproduce.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=681660568

(original from this thread) ... this is still happening
    http://forum.keenswh.com/threads/01...d-sensors-when-built.7383733/#post-1286985021
    1. Hop into the cockpit at the back of the array. (has 4 LCD screens in front of it)
    2. Click "7" from the action bar to zoom in with the camera on the target
    3. Click "1" for each target you want to designate (do this for 8 targets, so each tube is building missiles) I have it hard coded to shoot each target 20x so you have plenty of times to reproduce.
    4. Click "3" to turn on autopilot
    5. Click "2" to start the firing sequence.
    6. Hop out of the cockpit and fly forward into the assembly area, and watch missile 1 and 4. Notice that their rockets never shut down after launch from the array. That is because the action to start a timer "first" is missing from the sensor. Also all of the actions are missing from Timers "first" and "second", except for a link in first to second..
    Blue Prints for tube 1 and 4 are "Grav BMB SBT MK2 T1" and "Grav BMB SBT MK2 T4"

Tubes are aligned as below, tube 1 is far left from main cockpit in the rear,
    | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
    | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |

8. sammyvoncheese Apprentice Engineer

Latest update had no impact on the issue

9. sammyvoncheese Apprentice Engineer

Update 01.149 STABLE creative no mods - some progress made, but...

Still seeing blocks on end of projected structures not being weldable. In my case a sensor and blast door block that is the edge block on a projection will not weld. Verified that I also cannot weld the blocks by hand.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Reproducible world in the thread above.

Been broken for over a month now..

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Kagee Trainee Engineer

It says, it was fixed in :
    [01.149] Welding projections is sometimes not possible

But unfortunately it isn't!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. jonnytaco Apprentice Engineer

@Kagee

There is a solution to this bug. You can't adjust pitch roll or yaw or blocks won't build, however the alignment distances are completely functional. What you need to do is rotate the projector itself so that it's in the right orientation by default then use the alignments to get it exactly where you want it.

Kind of a pain in the ass but at least there is a workaround atm.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Kagee Trainee Engineer

Thanks,
    doing 3D-Rotation in my Head...
    Either I get a headache or it's aligned right, or both. I'll give it a try.

• Like Like x 1
  13. sammyvoncheese Apprentice Engineer

Changing rotation, and or projector alignment had no effect on this bug.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.