Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.144 STABLE; Update 01.149 DEV - Bug Fixes and Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Aug 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Shot in the dark but try Alt-Ctrl-Mousewheel.

2. Frog Dawn Trainee Engineer

Hello everyone, recently started playing SE and thoroughly enjoying it. Hope this is the right place to ask, (I looked around and couldn't find an answer) but did this recent 1.144 update remove the 'station', 'large', and 'small' blocks from the toolbar and the character tools section of the g-menu? Am I right in thinking that I can't start a new vehicle/station without those?

Thx, Frog

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. guran Trainee Engineer

Ok, now i am impressed! Good job.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Wyggy Trainee Engineer

Just tried that, alas, to no avail. I'll try resetting the control settings tomorrow when I've got another chance to play. Thanks though. :)

Wyg

5. Echillion Senior Engineer

Oh Dear God I fly by 3rd person KEEEENNN! and weve got that bloody building system jesus h astronaut! ffs

6. BlackArmor Trainee Engineer

Can we have an option to disable the new toolbar system?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. impli Trainee Engineer

Still Server desync or transfer problem if you fly with a large ship some km at speed over 20ms. It resets the speed and the ship becomes uncontrollable. All fix try outs like inertial dampers on / off etc does not help .. just a restart of the dedicated server..

edit: Also the speed flapping arround like hell .. 20 - 23 -28 -20 - 21 ms ..

Again unplayable ... thanx bye.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Pegas519 Apprentice Engineer

yep, tht's why i suggested to have both branch for mods too. but oh well, semms to be too much work.

9. DS_Marine Apprentice Engineer

Nice list of bugfixes.
    Can someone confirm if the horrible movement stutter previously present in stable (an not in dev) was fixed? Thanks.
    Also, sig updated .D

10. Dresdin Trainee Engineer

Just popping in for my roughly biannual comments on SE development (The mention of rotors being fixed for the millionth time may have set me off).

Depressing to see how things have gone. Have to imagine in the best case scenario, that this must be the result of talented coders/artists being restrained and poorly directed by terrible/clueless management. Maybe the scratched glass is their cry for help. Look for desperate pleas hidden in the markings.

Keen, you could have stopped adding things a year (maybe even two) ago. If you had:

1.Fixed the blocks you had.
    2. Fixed netcode to make dedicated multiplayer playable.
    3. Added tools and support for modders.

If you'd done that you would have created one of the best games ever made. It would have probably gone strong (sales wise) until the next major leap of gaming (think full VR or whatnot).

Instead, you stuck your customers with this. Milking it for all it's worth.

For those new to SE.. there was a glorious time years ago, inbetween patches, that lasted about 2-3 weeks.. During that time SE was some of the best online fun around. Dogfighting, base invasions, decent simspeed, all that jazz (of course rotors were always still inexplicably destructive).

I'll buy and eat a hat if i'm wrong, but it seems like this game won't ever be playable on multiplayer again. Honestly don't even think it -can- be fixed at this point. Some developers do reform after past mistakes (miner wars), some continue on bad habits and toxic practices.

Oh well, was a fun 2-3 weeks and got my money from it then. Will keep occasionally checking up on development (slow moving tranwrecks can still be fascinating), but most of us from the old days stopped holding our breath ages ago.

Cheers Keen, you are at least decent at business.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  11. mric Trainee Engineer

After the whinning here is a small encouraging word.

Very good job team.

The best improvement I see, I did not see it immediately.
    After half an hour I realized now my game in DS is as smooth as my local game. That's brilliant news !
    I am now wait for my buddies to come back to test with multiple players.

"search in G-menu will find all hidden blocks now"
    I suppose this means we can hide blocks, how do I do that ?

"fixed turning on Projectors with stored blueprints activates the Station-laying boundary box"
    great ! That was frustrating.

12. LeoClarke Trainee Engineer

Question:
    "- space master can cycle through GPS coordinates now"

What does this mean and how do I do it?

13. 1776beaver Trainee Engineer

I was in the middle of projector building a large ship (with only 1 armor block remaining to complete!). Now, there are pieces of the ship all over the platform that are not even attached to the ship anymore.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

It's supposed to find those blocks not listed individually anymore since the change, like the Flight Seat that was absorbed into the "Control Stations" group. Doesn't work, though.

[​IMG]

It was advertized as a fixed / new feature in one of the Dev Branche updates but didn't work, and it was never fixed - the screenshot here is from half a minute ago. In addition to that the Search Bar doesn't accept capital letters anymore.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Bleh Trainee Engineer

Super hate the new build system, hate even more that we can't disable it to use the old system.

Don't care hate and disagree with me all you like, taking away the interface many of us have been using for over a year is a dick move

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Late Late x 1
  16. flori1994 Trainee Engineer

yes the new building system is not very good made but the idea to start building with every block is quite interesting. however i think building on a existing grid should have priority

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Bobo Sims Trainee Engineer

Great update, guys.

One issue, however: I enter (T) a control chair or similar device while in 1st person mode, and when I exit the device, the game suddenly forces me into 3rd person mode. Surely, it's easy enough to fix by pressing "V", but I'd prefer not having to do that every time. Before the update, it would remember the mode I was in while entering the device, and restore me to that when leaving it.

Edited to add: Never mind. After entering and leaving an actual cockpit, the issue seems to have fixed itself. :)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  18. Manticore Apprentice Engineer

Thanks KSH.

19. AedanXaelan Apprentice Engineer

While I do agree that it was not necessarily the right move (or maybe just released before it was finished), never updating the UI is just as bad, if not worse.

Edit: though now that I think about it, they didn't actually update anything, they just moved stuff around, so yes, you are correct.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mal Trainee Engineer

- fixed elite and standard tools running at the same speed

Before Elite tools were much faster than standard once. Now they all work at same speed. How is that a fix ???
    --- Automerge ---
    New building system just blew a 20 meter hole in my ship. While placing blocks I mistimed a mouse click and accidently placed a new grid inside my ships grid and boom. Doh

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  21. druppi Apprentice Engineer

that's not a bug they did this on purpose caus many people had problems with night play... use this its rely awsome

http://forum.keenswh.com/threads/darky-shader-mod-make-darkness-great-again.7385983/
    --- Automerge ---
    Repair with SE Toolbox or wait till modes are Updated
    --- Automerge ---
    turn on Oxygen in the world settings
    --- Automerge ---
    that total senseless A DEV Mod need to be Fixed every week by the Creator (if he is lucky it holds a bit longer) while the Stable Mod just needs to be fixed once per Month or more.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. BoredBoz Apprentice Engineer

I seem to have a bug were ships without thrusters on can still fly

• Funny Funny x 1
  23. Vim Razz Trainee Engineer

"Disable respawn ships" option no longer available in game settings?

24. Dicarus Apprentice Engineer

Oh man.

25. capnbeef Trainee Engineer

thanks everyone side note we need better multiplayer its crap right now.

26. Krougal Senior Engineer

So as amusing as it is to see all the stable branch peeps bitch about stuff us dev peeps have already bitched about for weeks, I think the seperate releases deserve their own threads.
    Also pretty amusing that you ported bugs that were already fixed in dev to stable, so uhhh...yeah GG Keen!
    Thanks for the lulz!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  27. Gwindalmir Senior Engineer

Sorry to break it to you, but the ModAPI will be changing (and breaking) quite a bit more. As a modder, I can't be more grateful for that. What will be possible with mods and ingame scripts in the future will be well worth the pain now. If you don't like that, you can always come back when the game is released.

Using the comms menu for faction chat was always the intended behavior. It's not a bug or missing feature. That said, I know @rexxar is revamping the chat system entirely, so we'll see what comes out of that.

Any and every block can be used to create a new grid now. Just select a block and place it anywhere in empty space.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. Tau Trainee Engineer

I agree, how can they not understand these simple things.
    Additionally, it would be nice to hop onto a MP server and not feel like you have an unbalanced gyroscope, chucked into a washing machine, on high spin, then shoved into a woodchipper, over and, over again??
    Hmph

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

I'm not sure you realize this: But KEEN pays more attention to the bugs we complain about here - than the one's archived in the proper section. That said: KEEN doesn't listen to anyone but themselves either.

• Like Like x 2
  30. ViroMan Senior Engineer

I like how there have been dev responses to a few peoples concerns, I really do however, Commander Rotal just keeps posting important issues (at least I feel they are) and he is not getting responded to. Its not like these issues are just cropping up. These have been in for a few updates now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.