Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.144 STABLE; Update 01.149 DEV - Bug Fixes and Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Aug 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. ViroMan Senior Engineer

Especially where there ARE things to fix.

• Like Like x 1
  2. beelzerob Apprentice Engineer

Having not yet gotten in the game to see how it's actually implemented....., I just want to say that the block rotation animation is a VERY good addition. With multiple sides of a block being identical, I know this will cut down on the number of times I place one with the wrong orientation. Thank you!

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Czak Trainee Engineer

Yes. Not only thrusters, all engines seems to be broken. They are working and draining energy despite they are set to "off".

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Shuro Apprentice Engineer

Any word on the fime for the hotfix patch?

5. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

If there's none by now i wouldn't expect one today anymore, it's 20:31 there. Might get some in tomorrow but i wouldn't hold my breath. Dunno if Keen's open at weekends, i rather doubt it.

6. Iskaroth Trainee Engineer

I cant play it anymore my previous survival games are corrupted and if I start a new game it crashes at the first autosave.

I play on Stable Branch. my previous games were modded my last one wasnt.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  7. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Both Branches? Mod-free?

8. NikolasMarch Junior Engineer

i dont really like the new build system, but i can adapt, would prefer it not changed, but sometimes things need to change, i did notice the creative mode building range has been reduced to make the new building system work, that i dont like....

• Like Like x 1
  9. mric Trainee Engineer

Tutorial 8 description should be adapted to new G menu.
    Also the projector shows no plan (I recall it did previously).

My buddy who just bougth the game yesterday is completely lost here. And I would have been myself if I had not read the comments here on "+".

10. Grape_Ape Trainee Engineer

I am also seeing that bug with engines being powered even when turned off. Nearly trashed a ship that shot off even though it should only have been on manoeuvring thrusters.

The build build system? hmmmmm not so great so far. Seems too easy to accidentally start a new grid. The idea of being to create a new grid from any block is good, but I think you need to be able to enable/disable it with a hot key to prevent accidental new grids and like one other poster, trashing builds. Giving it a go with all the mousewheel shizzle still evaluating it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Deredere Trainee Engineer

So, uh, do I have to wait a week for elite tools to work again?

Elite. proficient, and advanced all work at the same speed as the base welder. I think the other tools are the same.

12. sankti Trainee Engineer

Just watching some...
    Space Engineers Video Sage (Singular Survival)
    and people there saying "Keen should watch this series to get an idea of what may be wrong in their game..."
    Keen you really care about future ? and I'm waiting for possibility to build ships by mind visualization

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Schwieger Trainee Engineer

This patch is terrible. The new building system has complicated vesselcrafting to such an extent that it has discouraged many people I know from even playing the game. The previous system wasn't broken and was far from in need of such a drastic change.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. Geneticus Senior Engineer

It was in the weekly videos between the last stable update and now.

15. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Problem is many, many, many players don't even KNOW they are on a new Branche. [@Xocliw]

16. Geneticus Senior Engineer

Agreed, however the weekly vids are in the same place on the same schedule. Although IMO they could use some of the old style "how to"ness instead of green screens.

17. AedanXaelan Apprentice Engineer

Much agreed. While I do enjoy the occasional inspiring quote, the update videos used to be FAR more helpful and informative about the update itself...actually showing us what was changed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. RobeLeahy Trainee Engineer

I fairly new to SE but I have encountered one major problem for me with this update, the Build new station, new large ship and, new small ship buttons are missing on the "g" menu, while I can start with a landing gear to build a ship, How can I start a new station? also on a standing station, I can no longer build conveyor tubes!!!!!!!

Any suggestions for these two things please let me know

19. Ender Trainee Engineer

I just wish the damn landers worked and the 'fix' they keep claiming is done is actually...I dunno...FIXED.
    Seriously..why mark something as 'fixed' only to find multiple updates now its not? Landers still ascend on their own. When I first logged in I actually found relief thinking they did indeed fix it..then noticed they cheated some how and just forced the lander to descend slowly..it would never level out. Instead it would drop about 1 m/s. I could deal with this. Much better than having the lander go astray and fly up only to have to maneuver a 180, thrust UP (to go down, while upside down), then to turn on dampeners as you near the surface..HOPING it actually grabs and doesn't fly back up.

Seriously, I'd rather see a long growing list of broken playability issues that I can simply check for fixes, versus these constant lies about fixes, lacking verification of fixes, and log in with false hope to have fixes all not fixed. I get we test for them during gameplay, but I don't get that they claim fixes are completed when they're clearly not. Broken record? Yes..but this is because I seriously just want to play as I rarely have any of the other issues listed, its typically ONLY the major playability ones like gravity bugs. //Rant

20. Roxette Senior Engineer

I for one am not using the slow-ass tools for a month because Keen can't fix one thing without breaking ten more...

I added the missing lines to the new version of the tool definitions, it's on the workshop

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=747773826

• Like Like x 2
  21. Bobo Sims Trainee Engineer

@Ender :

On that same note, I would claim that we all paid a good sum of money to KeenSWH for a game that worked reasonably wel. And with the last update they have shafted us, broken our game, and made it very much unplayable. I would further demand that they give us back the buttons to select "Build Small Ship", "Build Large Ship" and "Build Station", which at least allowed us to build what we needed without as much fidgeting as we are forced to put up with now. Really, the old system worked great, the new one not so much... It's not possible to roll back, is it??

@Roxette :

Thanks for that link, Roxette.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  22. TinfoilChef Trainee Engineer

After seeing this update I have only one request to make of Keen.

I want to revert back to the previous Stable build and prevent further updates until assorted "issues" are fixed.

How can I do this?
    I assume making offline copies of mods would be part of this

23. NikolasMarch Junior Engineer

the weekly videos did not apply to the stable branch, i play the stable branch therefor they did not matter to me and so did not watch them all, and they were not being linked within the news in-game so others would not even bother looking for them. i obviously missed the video for the new building system and only knew of its existence through some youtuber videos
    --- Automerge ---
    i want to roll the game back to BEFORE this nasty prediction system...
    in that magical 6 - 8 week gap between the planet mining bug finally being fixed and the client side prediction thing being added... it was great, almost everything worked properly, and KLANG killed you and your creations less often :D
    --- Automerge ---
    99 little bugs in the code
    99 little bugs
    take one down, patch it around
    127 little bugs in the code

:D

24. doncdxx Apprentice Engineer

I disagree. I tested the version packaged with the game and the SDK, each in both stable and development. On all versions, I received the error mentioned here.

25. ViroMan Senior Engineer

I knew should have made that little app to allow reverting to previous versions. I am NOT a fan of the new build system... its workable but, in its current state I dislike it. I also dislike engines staying on and elite tools acting like crap.

• Agree Agree x 2
  26. Geneticus Senior Engineer

I stand corrected. You are absolutely right. How could anyone expect you to subtract 140 from 144, realize there were 4 patches of information missing, and go up one level in the change log to look for the missing videos. You paid your $25 for the game and you are entitled to be spoon fed every piece of information. You should raise hell with Keen. They should come to your house and play the game for you so you don't have to spend your energy pressing keys too. Here, let Gen take care of you. Just step into this exclusive private room called the airl`ock... No you won't need any protective clothing where you are going. Let me just close this door so your personalized experience can begin, in 3,2,1, Woosh.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  27. Bobo Sims Trainee Engineer

Actually, I'm not seeing the engines staying on. Which engines are you having this issue with, exactly?
    All other points, as you may already have guessed from my previous posts, I agree with completely.

28. ViroMan Senior Engineer

all I can confirm personally are atmo engines since that is what my ships are currently running. When the engines are OFF I can still fly around. I KNOW they are off since they do not make noise and are not spinning as well as the control panel says they are off. They DO take power like they are on though and draw the minimal power as if they were on.

I wonder if I turned off the power source... would I drop out of the sky?

29. THEphil Trainee Engineer

Is it just me or do I not see the ability to rebind the R key which changes block sizes. If it got left out please add the ability to bind keys for the new features, not everyone plays with WASD I use RDFG. Everytime I move forward the blocks try to change.

Found it, thank god. It's Under Systems 3 > Cube size toggle button. The font for the keybinding text messed with my brain.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  30. Bullet_Force Apprentice Engineer

Is this patch meant to be for STABLE release because it sure as hell isn't very stable for me. My game is crashing every few minutes now with this patch. Good job...

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.