Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.149 STABLE; Update 01.153 DEV - Improvements and Bugfixes

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Sep 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Aracus Senior Engineer

Is the GPU Crash issue resolved yet? / Being Prioritized? because that is a horrible issue to leave hanging!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

Hmmm....early patch update today :)

Not many earth shattering updates for dev users, but the stable plyers will have plenty of stuff to get used to!

Atmo thruster bug fix is a good one though.

3. KingdomBragg Junior Engineer

Nice and early today, thanks :)

4. Daywalker Hawk Trainee Engineer

changes to Gyros? we use a Gyro mod and now i cant stear my Ship anymore.

5. Everwake Trainee Engineer

Why is it that every other update when I log in to my dedicated server I see my ships flying around bouncing off everything? If I walk to the place where they used to be parked there is an invisible ship there that I cannot go through.

I managed to fix it sometimes by loading the game in single player and reparking my ships, but what about the other people playing on the server who can't do that?

Is there a trick to keep this from happening? since steam automatically updates and that cannot be disabled, I am out of ideas.

6. Slywolf117 Trainee Engineer

Seems like drills don't collect as much material/drill through as fast anymore after your "stable" update...

7. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Redesigning the blocks is great. However, if they all are too homogeneous grids might start looking a little dull.

Yeah, I know, it's a careful balancing act with an entire department walking on the same rope at the same time. But too much of the same motif isn't good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. franky500 Trainee Engineer

yes i was getting inventory refresh problems.

I've since started a new world and server though so not sure if it's fixed yet as not alot of inventory movement going on. but have not had it fail yet...

EDIT: after 2 days of active server it seems this is fixed.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. zdzier Apprentice Engineer

im seeig, that the devs r putting green glow on all parts, when there was blue glow on some, like on gravity generators. Is this a conscious decision, or omission?
    Door grouping still wrong

10. TheTopWeevil Trainee Engineer

That cyberhound fix <3

11. carnivore Apprentice Engineer

I am surprised to see the exploding rotor copy problem has now made its way to stable branch...

For those who don't know, copy a ship with a rotor and paste it in. The original and its copy will seek to reunite. Forcefully...

Hopefully this gets addressed ASAP because it pretty much breaks the game.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Dawnkeeper Apprentice Engineer

I found another picture of the new gyroscope (or GravGen?) model:
    [​IMG]

13. ProtoDJ69 Trainee Engineer

I gotta say i'm just worried bout how the game will run with all these new models the poly count is obviously a lot higher on them (i know they have been working on LODs for the models) but will it be enough to translate into playability currently running a gtx 980 which has just become last gen how soon will i end up requiring upgrade?

14. Adrian175 Trainee Engineer

Won't all these nice new high poly blocks add a lot to the already existing lag in the game, resulting in not being able to build large ships,and making the game even more unplayable?

15. franky500 Trainee Engineer

did a hotfix for something just roll out? my game just updated through steam to 1.149.002 (was on 1.149.001) if so, does anybody know whats been changed?

16. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

I beg you Keen, make the landing gear retractable! it is really a feature that has been missing for long time!

Oh, and those new models look promising!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  17. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Good to see they're using that modular design now. Peeeeerfect time to implement some new blocks in a quick and dirty kitbash job, right?

Right?

Right.

The new Landing Gear looks like it's trolling us with Marek's negative answer towards retractable Landing Gears :woot:

Oh thank Molestia, i was worried my muscle memory had been playing tricks on me.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Psithief Trainee Engineer

It's a pity how unfriendly to the colour-blind this game is.

19. Kokurokoki Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Devon_v Senior Engineer

They're using texture atlases and geometry instancing, the needed VRAM should eventually decrease.

Actually those models very likely have lower poly counts than many of the blocks we have now. The blocks we have now are made entirely out of polys. The final ones will derive most of their fine detail from normal mapping and PBR. Also proper occlusion culling will have a stronger effect than LoDs by flat out not rendering stuff that can't be seen, regardless of distance. It's important to remember that as simple as SE looks right now, it's basically brute force rendering scenes. It will perform better once they teach it finess.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Carlosmaid Apprentice Engineer

One more 29mb update? containing?

22. Needye Trainee Engineer

As always keen, cool to have new fixes, cool to have new models, not so cool to have more scratches

23. Seff Apprentice Engineer

Can we fix ships falling through voxels first so that our landing gear actually has something to land on? :V

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Daywalker Hawk Trainee Engineer

ok found my problem it wasnt the gyros, i have landed a Fighter inside my Hangar bay and its landing gear is locked, was it all the time but no, when its locked i cant move my big ship anymore.

25. Lé Grand Sárrazin Apprentice Engineer

Try and check if locking the landing gear converted your large ship into a station.. if so convert it back into a ship, and, hopefully, the ship doesn't explode.. Cheers!!

26. chrisb Senior Engineer

Just as long as Anton isn't the office medic, you'll be fine. (only kidding)

Nice update, fixes are always welcome.

Those new blocks look good.... no, they do.. they look, good.. very good. Not sure about the custom scratches though, reminds me a little of designer stubble, not sure why. ;)
    Can we have the new blocks next week please, we'll test them for you. :D I've got some 'T cut' waiting.

27. Kokurokoki Apprentice Engineer

Gee Keen, thanks for changing the conveyor tubes and then not telling us about them. It's not like some of us designed the interior of our ships using the fact that conveyor tubes could attach to other blocks at all 6 mount points.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Devon_v Senior Engineer

I'm hoping that we eventually end up with a weathering system where blocks acquire those scratches and such because they took damage, and can be repaired to a clean appearance. At the very least, if a modder removes the scratches from the master texture, all of the blocks will become clean, just like the glass.

29. PhoenixTheSage Junior Engineer

Looking good guys, keep up the great work. Nice to see Anton in on the videos now as well. Dem skills with 3ds Max primitives yo...

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. gordon861 Apprentice Engineer

Backup saves ... it's about time ...

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.