Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.149 STABLE; Update 01.153 DEV - Improvements and Bugfixes

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Sep 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Macc24 Trainee Engineer

Early access guys!! Make a game like this is complicated.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Seff Apprentice Engineer

Yeah, they totally forgot about it, right as they were announcing their internal competition between developer teams for multiplayer code improvements and announced they were looking to hire a senior multiplayer programmer. Since you seem capable of explaining vital stuff to them, why don't you apply for the position?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Robinson C. Senior Engineer

"Early access, alpha funding, or paid-alpha is a funding model in the video game industry by which consumers can pay for a game in the early stages of development and obtain access to incomplete, alpha or beta versions of the game, while the developer is able to use those funds to continue work on the game. Those that pay to participate typically help to debug game, provide feedback and suggestions, and may have access to special materials upon release of the game. ..." (Wikipedia - Early Access)

Early Access for Space Engineers is ok. But since October 2013!? Meantime, other developers have clearly further developed their games; best example: Empyrion ... Subnautica ... an so on. And how often does want KSH rotors-,piston- and drill-problems still bug fixed?

The SE is an early access, I'd have no problem. But that SE playful and technically not comes from the site(place) for 2 years - that is annoying and sucks huge!

(Planets and aliens does not interest me)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  4. Macc24 Trainee Engineer

SE has a different approach in terms of physics simulation and deformable world.

More optimization and improvements coming in future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Burillo Junior Engineer

you obviously have no idea what kind of complexity SE developers are dealing with.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Devon_v Senior Engineer

You can also just repurpose your old machine when you upgrade. I have exactly that sort of computer and I'm keeping it when I build a new one at the end of the month. It's a perfectly functional machine for many tasks even if it is getting a bit long in the tooth for gaming. (Plus once I slave the new machine to it via Steam Stream I can have DX12 without technically dealing with Win10. :) )

7. Robinson C. Senior Engineer

Thx, but we heard exactly these sayings/proverbs since 2 years! The bugs are still the same!

Okay folks, we will be in 2 years know better. ;) (... if anyone still cares)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Hailedbean Trainee Engineer

This is all fine and dandy, but I cant get the upload speeds that I need for this game from my ISP without getting into business class. As for hosting, I have a 4core @3.0, 8gb of ram and 500gb storage through NFO and sim speed drops are still an issue with this last update. I haven't been experiencing it due to processing, more to just multiple clients being connected.

9. Burillo Junior Engineer

that's why i'm saying that you obviously have no idea what kind of complexity SE devs are dealing with. these bugs aren't an easy fix. if they were, they'd be fixed already.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. JamesG Trainee Engineer

I come back here and check out the Change Logs at fairly regular intervals. I read almost all the responses.

I'm watching for the day that the Stable branch gets truly excellent results and is truly and workably playable.

I see glimmers of hope. Windows were made more transparent. But it was insane that they weren't fixed almost the instant they were messed up, and how long did that take? Some of the exploding parts issues seem better AFAICT. But some things still explode. Explode! Fly apart! How crazy is that? Bugs are still being introduced with updates, even in the Stable branch. Seriously? Even in the Stable branch?

It's so frustrating to try and play the game with things changing underfoot in bizarre and game-stopping ways. It would be annoying no doubt with any sort of development, but when an update is a step backwards in some major way because of introduced bugs; when a disruptive change is irrational or unnecessary; when easy-to-fix details get NO attention while low-priority things are given vast effort; when the game won't load its own saves; and so forth -- and when this stuff happens in the Stable branch! And multiplayer is so broken. And the list. Of bugs. That never. Get. Fixed. Or sometimes, even acknowledged.

To the die-hards that think I'm way too negative: I'm glad you think so. The game and its creators need die-hard fans that will stay the course and cheer it on despite everything. Keep on keeping on. I'm actually a fan too, believe it or not. Bear in mind also that I'm taking the trouble to tell you what I think. It's a far worse omen if I were to cease even to bother.

I know the Devs are trying. I don't want to discourage them. But in truth they have discouraged ME. I want to see this great game succeed. I want to see Stable mean Stable. I want to see bugs become more minor and rare and short-lived. I want to see Multiplayer work (and work truly well) most of all because playing cooperatively is THE best way to play a game like this; almost the only way. Maybe all of those things will happen. Maybe then I'll invest more time in this game and it will again become a way to enjoy time with friends. I still hold out hope. It has so much promise. I'm going to keep coming back and looking in.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Apsyc Apprentice Engineer

Those new models!
    [​IMG]

12. InertFurry Trainee Engineer

"Improved meteors" gets two words on the changelog and <10 frames on the video. Is it safe to assume that this is just graphical improvement and they remain the same functionally as Sim City 2000 disasters on a 15 minute timer?

13. Guillaume Trainee Engineer

Version changed from 1_149_004 to _005 today, any new fix in this version?

14. capnbeef Trainee Engineer

hello great work on this weeks updates. i hope to see more ingame content like new npc's in the future.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.