Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.150 DEV - Render Improvements and Bugfixes

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Bahroth

Glad to have helped!
    Tbh I was slightly panicking before I watched the video, really appreciate the pointing us to the files to edit.

Some people may say "Why not in the menu?" but it takes extra time to edit that stuff and get it implemented, time they don't want to waste currently.
    Its time well spent dealing with what they can afford to and I appreciate that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. hundreds

yes, yes they did
    --- Automerge ---
    also
    Good update
    Show No Mans Buy Who is da Boss :D

3. Mobiyus

Ok just had a look... and it looks good... for the most part. It's great that it's tweakable and it's still buggy at places but its mostly beautiful! I'm mostly impressed with the performance increase it made on my PC however.... I've got that underground base that i made when planets first released, was getting 25-30 fps back then at medium settings. It steadily raised up to 50-55 fps, in the last months especially, despite slowly adding stuff to it over time. Was playing in that map just yesterday. Today... I get 85 fps... What a pleasant surprise :woot: I'm truly sorry if others are having problems of any sorts with the last update, but it is not my case.

Performances matters a lot more to me than the eye-candy, and i get both :) Thank you Keen! Cheers!

EDIT: typo

4. EvilDylan

I somehow feel that these new HD DX11 blocks will effectively highlight how blocky normal armor blocks are.

5. Spets

Rotors with 3000 RPM?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. JuStX2

:/ Dev's are messing with people's posts now? I could care less about the improvements to the game, I'm done - I quit. SE Forums have been lost to me. Delete this post if you want Keen - Know that our loyalities now are severe'd forever.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. DrEarlInsanity

I like new features...i just like all the things to work before starting on added things...

8. Dantheotherone

THANK YOU Keen : ) For the improved rendering and lighting. It's like I got a new ship and the best part is I didn't have to build it.
    When the next textures and sound get put in it's going to be awesome.

9. PhoenixTheSage

This made me chuckle. Bye!

10. Hakon102

Very hungry wolves in a herd also attack single Humans. And you can't compare our Wolves to Wolves from an other Planet. They don't know how much dangerous the Human is. But, with the stick to their territory, persistent-ish, attacking other animals i agree.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Sentinel-Ghost

I agree with EctoSage here, it irritates me immensely when wolves are misrepresented in Video Games - continuing the prejudice and misinformation towards wolves.

@Hakon - I'm not so sure about the accuracy of your "Very hungry wolves in a pack also attack single Humans." Though you are right that 'wolves' on another planet won't know how dangerous a Human is - except wolves imply they come from Earth stock and therefore surely would continue to have there 'neophobic' traits and fear of Humans?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Leaping Tortoise

Ok, love the new visual! Game looked quite different when I logged on. Very good! My frame rate did drop a bit but that's probably due to my 8 year old computer :p

Only thing is that I felt ok shooting cyberdogs. Don't feel good shooting wolves, especially given how pretty they are!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Needye

They have been in the earlike planet enougth time to populate it so, it is a minimum of 10 generations with optimal conditions (even if we suppose they bring until the last wolve on earth) thats enougth time to forget what a human is and even if they do, they arent going to recognize you. Space suit bottled up humans are not a common thing on earth. And until ken's add something hervibore you are the only chunk of meat on the planet (maybe because wolfes extinted previous animal lifeform on the planet :D) so we can suppose they are very hungry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Entersprite

Fun facts:
    Modded planets are crashing the game, because they changed the name of the cyberhounds to wolfs in the API as well. If you rewrite it in the mod though, it continues working.
    Also, at bigger planets sun becomes cyan in the middle:
    [​IMG]
    One last note: space_wolf is now an available character model for everyone at the medbay, which may cause funny moments on multiplayer servers.

15. WarWyvern

Maybe? Predators have and instinctual predisposition to certain types of prey, and humans are at the bottom of the priority list. As it turns out, we're remarkably stringy and have a lot of skeleton taking the place of what could be nutritious meat. So, if they remember us, it'll be to stay away; but if they don't, they wouldn't be so aggressive unless humans bear a passing resemblance to their usual prey item.

That said: I've happily destroyed entire national-parks-worth of wolves in other games. I'll do it again.

16. Harrekin

You edited that after I posted about the newly formed netcode team...

17. mojomann71

Nice update!
    I really enjoyed the teaser.
    Keep it up Keen!

18. beelzerob

Now I'm just waiting for the uproar when someone posts a video of shooting the wolves from their small flying ship....

19. Mikiy

Great update, love that blog post with all the rendering engine details!

20. Deejaystix

HotFix for mods textures doesn't work for me :s

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Mr Engineer

I like the fact Cyberhounds are Cyber gone. Wolves are better but will they still have the same damaging force? It did get dark inside that box but not dark enough. As someone mentioned, our suits have lights for a reason, it should have been pitch black in there by default. I do like the new prototype models, very nice. As for that new renderer really gives the game a new look.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. Tygra

They munched up the front of my small ship in 1 minute while I was mining. So I guess wolves are destructive:p I'm sure if they see that a big part of the community wants pitch black, they'll just add an option for it.

23. Angius

Well, that update brought my FPS from solid 20 to stuttering 4.

Optimization my ass.

For those curious: GTX 970, Phenom II X4, 8 GB RAM

Edit: After returning to stable and creating a new world (because of course I couldn't use my previous one, doesn't even matter that I didn't save it on dev) my game crashes because world file was corrupted. A world file that the game was just creating. It created a corrupted world file and couldn't load it.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  24. mexpex

Nope -.- what mod did you guys use to test if it "works"?

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. Psithief

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Hyomoto

I'll admit, I've been pretty impressed. The game has a lot of work that needs to be done to it, but more than every I'm confident it is being addressed. It's impressive to see Keen working on deep engine changes when so many other developers would have either scrapped their project altogether or just pushed through. This isn't a passing grade of course, just an acknowledgement that the time and effort shown is being reflected in the product and vice versa.

Side note, wolves suck as much as their Cyberhound ancestors. WHY DO THEY HATE ME SO?!?! HOW DO I GET A BONE?!?!

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. Lé Grand Sárrazin

Confirmed sad-face :(
    This Was Colt's consoles:
    [​IMG]

And.. this WAS my BattleWIP:
    [​IMG]

And, my latest ship attempt, thwarted in one day:
    [​IMG]

:,( *Hello Darkness, my old friend......*

28. Replic TuaniOne

Ouch, update seems to damage more than it does good x3

29. Loues S. Cat

Hotfix Development version 1.150.001:
    -Fixed 3000RPM on rotors (sorry!)

Why?!!!!
    Why?! ;.;
    That was so much fun...
    I was making a new sport..
    Wolf chucking.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752447647

How about we compromise?
    The bug introduced max speed of 3000rpm, and before that it was 30rpm, so lets split the difrence and go with 300rpm and call it even? ^.^

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  30. BlackUmbrellas

I maintain that cyberhounds/wolves should be remodeled as Big Dog style robots and retain their explosive abilities, perhaps with some better AI/logic behind when its used so they don't just tunnel towards you.