Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.162 DEV - Steam Achievements, Raycast Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Nov 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Frigidman Apprentice Engineer

"Make a ship that doesn't explode for 1 day."
    "Make a rotor that reaches 360 degrees without ripping off."
    "Avoid CTD for an entire hour of play."
    "CTD 100 times in one sitting."
    "Do one successful mining run without a CTD."

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Proxy Trainee Engineer

Well. i tried to go for the "number 5 is Alive" one. so i let my Suit Energy go down to ~0.2%
    then i Recharged it and i didn't get the Achivement...

altogether, i'm kinda Wondering if the Achivement Trigger System even Works... :woot:

3. Armada115 Trainee Engineer

"new multiplayer prototypes are undergoing internal testing"

oh!! whats this then?

4. eviltek2099 Apprentice Engineer

You can't assign a button for the removal action (Hold Right button)!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Krypt Junior Engineer

Well. At least I seen MyAchievement_MasterEngineer.SessionUpdate() in crash report :D
    --- Automerge ---
    Going Green is counting solar panels, placed using Space Master...

6. rraptor1985 Trainee Engineer

HEY, DEVS!!!

HOW HARD IT IS TO MAKE THIS GAME FINALLY STABLE!?
    - NOT LOSING STUFF WHEN LOGGING OFF THE SERVER?
    - NOT DYING BECAUSE OF LAGS?
    - MAKE PISTONS AND ROTORS WORK ON SERVERS?
    - MAKE THE MAX SPEED STABLE?
    - REPAIR BUG WHEN YOU ENTER COCKPIT AND THEN CAN'T USE TOOLS BECAUSE THEY DISAPPEAR OR YOU PLACE BLOCKS WHERE YOU DON'T WANT TO?
    - AND MUCH MORE!!

STOP ADDING MORE STUFF, REPAIR WHAT'S BROKEN NOW!

PLAY A GAME AT LEAST FOR ONE DAY AND WORK ON BUGS YOU EXPERIENCE ON SERVER!!!! JEEEZZZ.....

I know, i have to chill.... :/

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Bad Humour Apprentice Engineer

Woa, woa; its ok they are testing new multiplayer now. If that helps in any way.

8. TheTreeman Trainee Engineer

So I can't get into cockpits anymore....
    --- Automerge ---
    They're programmers, not magicians. You willingly bought an early access game that is still in development. Chill and let them do their work, or just stop playing if it's really that important to you.

9. JasonG Trainee Engineer

yeah Keen is so dedicated, thats why they come out with new features like sabroids and wolves, and then expect us to add more enemy types if we want them, or when they made the assault rifle, and told, we can make more weapon types if we want them, Im so sick of keens lack of respect, they told us they had more important priorities than making a female engineer, then they make a female engineer for medievil engineers. we payed cash and agreed to game changes and bug testing, not finnishing features for keen with mods, this is ridiculous.

Should change the name to Game Dev Engineers. I,m about to stop playing

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Krypt Junior Engineer

Let say... I'm 70% agree with you. Because it looks like I'm die before this game will released.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. JasonG Trainee Engineer

What makes me the most angry is that Keen wont even change simple things, like sabroid spawn times, they spawn constantly every 1 and a half mins, or they wont change sensor range, 50 m is next to useless

12. Proxy Trainee Engineer

what is that even.
    1. programming is the Art of Gods. Creating World and stuff, but it is Not easy.
    i'm happy that they Get Updates out so Frequently.

2. you always Lose your Stuff when you Log out (without Cryochamber). it was sicne Multiplayer was a Thing.
    maybe they add a Option for that (someday)

3. Dying because of lags can have Multiple Reason. don't Instantly assume it is the Game's Fault.

4. They do fine for me. got my 360° Solar Arrays on my Space Station.

5. Not even sure what you mean, the Max Speed is just a Limit. and it works as Intended

6. what?

7. nah, the game's Fine. not Perfect, but it works.

8. They do both, add new Features and Repair Bugs. yey

13. eviltek2099 Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]
    Fresh creative game, 10 min in this happend. guess I'll be back when I get tired of Dual Universe.

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Krypt Junior Engineer

I'm also will add a bit of whining... Actually, Space Engineers is a best and worst game I ever played. I'm playing it, because it best game I even seen, but playing in Space Engineers is masochism... So... yep.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. rraptor1985 Trainee Engineer

3. Dying because of lags - the game controls react slow from time to time. So slow, that you release all the buttons halfway to your destination, but the game thinks you're still pressing them - thus you accelerate full speed to a solid object. Instant death.

4. Pistons lag a lot, so I tried grinding them down on a ship on our paid server. It blew up and killed me. The other did the same. Door that use pistons were broken just after few tries and the automated welder shot the finished ship into the space.

5. Sometimes the max speed is 45m/s. Sometimes it's 89m/s .... And sometimes, not so often we get a full speed... But mostly it fluctuates from 40 to 70m/s. Even sometimes we get on the server and we move like snails.

6. Example: I hold a welder (number 1 on keyboard). I enter a cockpit to move my ship to better position. I get out, going to weld some more blocks. Once the block is finished, the welder disappears. I have to press #1, but it starts welding right away. Once it's done, it disappears again. So you have to press #1 again. And again and again. Same with grinder. And when you want to place blocks, it places them right after you equip it.... Sometimes even in the middle of nowhere.

Another just came to my mind. I go 1km away, enter the ship, move the ship 1 km back. Get out of ship and guess what? I'm 1km away from the ship. The ship is in new position, i'm in the place where it was before.

If it works for you, then good. But it doesn't for us on the dedicated server.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Proxy Trainee Engineer

Game + Dedicated Server = not the best thing...
    I don't really have a Server. i just Connect to someone via Steam... it works very well, and just Depens on yours and your Friends Internet Connection.
    the Only Server problems i have is that (mostly) i can't Drive Land Vihicles... they just Bouce around and Explode.
    or that Stations that i made, Randomly become Large Ships, so that i have to Convert them back to Stations, or that the Collsion of a Grid is not Loaded... so you can Fly Through Everything.
    But then again. my Internet is Shit.

It's a Game, it has Problems.
    they are being Worked on.
    Only thing we can do is Giving them all the Information about the Bug that we can give.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. g4borg Apprentice Engineer

they are easy to confuse, yeah

even more mindboggling, if you raytrace a virtual scene, you would use raycasts :p

also to other comments, having reflective surfaces is a different thing, and rendering to a texture (so "transmitting" an image a camera would take onto the texture of an lcd) is also a different thing, both nothing to do with raycasting. raycasts are not a rendering feature, they are (primarily) a collision detection feature. the name "ray" in this case should stipulate, that it is invisible to the visible scene, just as the rays in raytracing are invisible in reality. Well, if you care, and haven't googled it by now.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  18. S7E Trainee Engineer

1. Achieved.
    2. Achieved.
    3. Achieved.
    4. I don't even know how to provoke a CTD.
    5. Achieved.

4 out of 5. Pretty good I think.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

[​IMG]

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Bad Humour Apprentice Engineer

I am experiencing a very scary bug, where I load a world and the ship that should be loaded in it is just gone, it is then frequently followed up by a crash when leaving the world.

Back ups are all empty as well, Ive tried repairing the worlds with SE toolbox but it detects nothing wrong. All the grids just vanished.

Now that I have deleted the appcache, when I start up the game I get a black screen. I know the menu still works bc I can hear the menu sounds and the music. What the hell is going on?!?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. ViroMan Senior Engineer

THIS!! I HAVE THIS!!! My survival base keeps getting DELETED... THE ENTIRE BASE and any ships close to it whether they are docked, landed, hovering a bit off the base... does not matter. When I load up the map.. everything is gone and I see a bit of scrap metal here and there like the EVERYTHING blew up during load and left 1% scrap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Bad Humour Apprentice Engineer

Glad im not the only one. Well i cant even load my game anymore as deleting the appcache caused me to only see a black screen on startup the menu and everything still works but i just cabt see anything.

This is the worst luck with bugs ive had with this game thus far.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Malware Master Engineer

24. Bad Humour Apprentice Engineer

Thanks for help malware but to no avail both fixes didn't work for me. This black screen issue happened when I deleted my .cfg file yesterday, Upon restart the game showed me the black screen. So I'm guessing it is one of the default settings causing the issue. Also in the stable version the game works for me. I'm going to try and change the settings in the stable version then update it to the dev version to see if I can hit the nail where the bug lies.

Also any info on the grid disappearing bug bc that bug renders my game unplayable as well.

25. Asylumdown Trainee Engineer

This was happening to me yesterday. How are you loading the world? I realized that it was only happening when I clicked "continue last". If I went to the load menu, selected the world, and clicked "load" (like we use to before there was a "continue last" option), the world loaded correctly with all grids.

26. Bad Humour Apprentice Engineer

I did it through the main load world menu and i tried it through backups but both methods of entering the world gave me the same issue

27. Asylumdown Trainee Engineer

That is unfortunate indeed :((

28. Buzzed Bear Apprentice Engineer

Hey Guys - They have a forum on here for reporting bugs. I have used it. I have received ASTOUNDING help from not only the developers, but other people who have experienced the same things as I have. I am wondering if you posted the bugs in that forum?

============================================================================================================================

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. Bad Humour Apprentice Engineer

I didn't know about it :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  30. Buzzed Bear Apprentice Engineer

It is SO EASY to complain - It's what we have been programmed for our whole lives.... Never to be really happy. This is a changelog forum - not a hack the game to pieces "because I can't use it the way I would like to right now". And those of you who are New Engineers.... be patient. If you had done your research, you would have checked out the forum before you bought. Then you would not have been disappointed. Show some gratitude people... how many of us bought EA games only to see them completely and utterly left on the side of the road waiting for a Steam 99 cent sale? We get WEEKLY updates, hotfixes, and an interaction with the people who are working on this unlike any other product on the market people. Stop being such spoiled ungrateful louts! :) :) We have enough shit to complain about in life that really matters. Share your issues - not your angst. You cannot persuade anyone to help you if you are going to insult them in the process.

Edited to take out repeated content...??

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.