Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.163 DEV - New Multiplayer Prototypes

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Nov 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Malware Master Engineer

I believe I found out somewhere thst Sabiroid actually means "spiderlike". You know, like "humanoid". So it makes perfect sense to me as a more "technical" term for them, while "space spiders" would be the common term.

[Edit] I can't find the article I read about this, or any reference to this any more, so at this time I retract this statement as I cannot back it up.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. DerrickMehaffy Trainee Engineer

FYI Guys the 3 Prototype Servers are up, check my thread for links to the servers.

- DMehaffy

• Like Like x 1
  3. ziant Trainee Engineer

LORD MAREK ROSA!!!

4. captainbladej52 Apprentice Engineer

Looks like some great stuff in store for the future. So far I like what's going on. optimizations and such will come with time so I'm not too worried about that. With as much that's getting worked on and fixed I'm confident some of my major gripes will eventually get sorted as well. My only major gripes at the moment are how quickly hydrogen fuel disappears even with multiple tanks and a ton of ice. That's probably the chief reason I don't play in survival very often. I know hydrogen is by nature supposed to be the most cumbersome and resource intensive but I despise how quickly it disappears currently. Encountering more random pirate stations and based would be nice. gets too quiet after nuking the main pre-placed buildings. Combat optimization and further copy/paste optimizations I'm sure will come with time so I'm not too worried about those. Minor thing is the sensor range currently. I would love to install them on my ships for a more Star Trek-ish feel to my fleet but with such a limited range they wouldn't help me much. most of my other issues could honestly be chalked up to pet peeves or solved through mods. Heck I would love to take a stab at some mods myself with all of this new stuff coming out but no idea where to start.

Overall some great stuff guys, look forward to future releases.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  5. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

Nice update! I really wish Space Engineers the best with this MP contest! May the best code win!
    Though I don't really understand why you guys hold back those new dx11 blocks. SE's community was always really hyped back in the days each thursday when a new block came out. I thought each block update would be a similar feeling... ('Member the day when we got the artificial mass block? Or the connector? I 'member)

By the way... where are those new implemented mod blocks you promised to us? The new corner interior light? The door signs?

6. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Because they're already going to look out-of-place when they all come in one go; mixing current ones with the new ones would just look really, really stupid on top of that, the difference is too obvious with many of them. So they're implementing them all at once, like ripping off a band aid.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

Space Spiders got stopped because....well....just COUNT THE LEGS!

Spiders, being arachnids, have 8 legs. Sabiroids have 6. People pointed that out a lot.

8. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

*ouch*

9. macgeifer Apprentice Engineer

yeah, will be really good looking to have all the new blocks and some modded armor :woot:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Bad Humour Apprentice Engineer

Well I reviewed all three multiplayers so far a summary

Rock, is sluggish and cpu intensive but if you can ran it its great.

Paper, Very smooth but it has collision detection bugs and people joining in later get simspeed issues. Clients couldn't paste grids in as the grids got stuck when loading in

Scissors, very refined and lagging is feels like a massage but not as smooth as paper as there was no lag period however scissors pistons and rotors worked like in single player and had the least amount of bugs despite having lag spikes.

11. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

Very nice update! Looks like people will like this, three different multiplayers to choose from. All round a good update, very nice teaser too. Sigh, more bad puns...somebody get that guy a quote or pun book for Christmas and save us pain!

12. Meteo Trainee Engineer

Hello finally after so much time I can say that I am delighted with this update, I am excited to see that finally you see something new multiplayer. Although doubts arise to me.

I play with a group of 3 friends, usually I create a local game on my pc and they enter, to create ships and stations in creative, to try new things etc ... Lately we were suffering a lot in creative, to the point that it worked almost As bad as dedicated servers.
    Yesterday I opened a local game to try out these new multiplayer codes, I opened it with the "Paper" version, and I really did not mean much difference ... sim speed to 0.30, does not allow to paste, copy or cut blueprints to my friends Do it in my own local game), many jerks and stops ...

I would like to try these three new multiplayer modes decently, but here in Europe there are still no dedicated servers with which to test or see how they work, because when we do it locally we will never know if it is due to the pc with which we created the local game, The connection, and a big etc ... of the many variants that may be giving us the sensation that the multiplayer works like the one we had. That is why we hope that soon someone will open a dedicated server with some of being versions near Spain to be able to try the three versions of the new multiplayer.

I do not know to what extent it would be possible, but since KSH has not enabled its own official servers to test, to what extent would it be possible for someone to open a server and appeal to the community so that all of us can connect to that server Massively and see how far these new versions come in, does anyone know if this is going to be done by some User or if it has already done so and there is a server where everyone is invited to enter to try mass integrity Of the new multiplayer?

Well I do not extend myself, I will keep very close that near my area appears some dedicated server that allows us to try these new multiplayer.

A greeting and forgive my English, I use google translate

13. Vilhelm Trainee Engineer

How are we suppose to test this new MULTIplayer ?

There is 0 servers available!

14. Malware Master Engineer

What are you talking about? I just left one, one of Keen's...

Steam is a bit of a b**ch reporting the servers for some reason. Sometimes they take forever to show up.
    --- Automerge ---
    Even if they did have 8 legs they would still not actually be spiders. These are alien creatures who happen to share some of the appearance of spiders. Spiders exist on earth, does indeed have 8 legs, and their anatomy completely prevent them from growing to the sizes the Sabiroids do. However people being people, when they see a many-legged creature with a segmented body running towards them and screeching, they're gonna go SP... SP... SP... SPIIDEERS!!! The actual anatomical and/or biological correctness of such a statement is completely irrelevant.

The people choosing to argue such point are being unnecessarily pedantic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Oskar1101 Apprentice Engineer

There are 3 official test servers, one for each branch located in Prague i think.

Rock: steam://connect/149.56.29.216:27020
    Paper: steam://connect/149.56.29.216:27023
    Scissors: steam://connect/149.56.29.216:27022

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Vilhelm Trainee Engineer

17. DerrickMehaffy Trainee Engineer

I am also hosting one of each in the United States.

Check out my post here:
    http://forum.keenswh.com/threads/new-multiplayer-prototype-dedicated-servers-hosting-all-3.7389544/

18. bigsteve Trainee Engineer

Why Oh Why Oh Why, IS THERE NOT AN OPTION TO REVERT TO THE LAST BUILD??????

not all server admins are online 24/7
    now i have to wati till they are to play on the server.........

19. zDeveloper10 Junior Engineer

this is the dev branch, which was made to allow fast-cylce releases with less disruption to slow cylce servers(instead of updating every week they'll only need to update every few weeks or so)

20. bigsteve Trainee Engineer

oh crap wrong thread!!!!
    --- Automerge ---
    Wait a minute,
    i had SE client update on me and where is the Stable patch notes?????

21. DerrickMehaffy Trainee Engineer

I too am having this issue with the 3 servers I'm hosting, trying to pin down what the cause for this is and if there is anything I can do on my servers end to help resolve this.

22. terribleperson Trainee Engineer

Logged into the Scissors test server, got disconnected from the server while descending in a planetary lander (killed the client after like 25 seconds of no communication). I re-joined after restarting my client, and crashed when I tried to enter into my planetary lander. Since then, I've crashed every time I try to log in to the server.

23. Dennis Weber Trainee Engineer

You could do this to make pistons and rotors work properly (remove clang).
    An idea I have, that might be able to fix it: Allow minor clipping between connected grids and some sort of phantom force detection and prevention.

24. Meteo Trainee Engineer

Hello thanks for the information, but it does not work or I do not know what to do with it, when clicking on each of the links that you have provided the message:

"Keen Software House Forums - Error
    The requested page could not be found."

So I understand that the servers you mentioned no longer exist.

I have returned to look for servers and after 30 minutes of waiting only 3 appear, of which 2 of them are in creative, empty all three and with a very high ping.

I do not understand how we are going to try multiplayer if it is so complicated to find servers where to do it.

I feel my English, I use google translate

25. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

I've been trying to test in all 3 branches with a friend.

Rock - Seems to have very low drag (or low thrust settings) on everything. Ships that used end up falling to the ground. Crashes a lot.
    Paper - The networking side of things look promising. Constant render crashes. Apparently can't handle ore rocks either. They spin at insane speeds no matter where you spawn them.
    Scissors - Crashed every time before we could test anything.

Result: Paper wins, but not by far because of the constant crashing.

26. Allammo Apprentice Engineer

I'm real glad mp is on a table. Hope it will work just fine soon. Anyone knows how many MB this update takes? My Internet packet getting low.

27. terribleperson Trainee Engineer

Hey, they're finally back up! They'd been down since like midnight EST.

As of 02:03 11/27 UTC: Realistic sound regularly leads to crashes on Rock and Scissors, particularly when trying to land ships on planets and when meteor storms occur.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  28. Auhrii Apprentice Engineer

Scissors server seems to be down, has been for at least an hour now.

29. Replic TuaniOne Apprentice Engineer

So I tested Scissors for some time and that seems to be very promising, but it crashes sometimes, I still have not found a way to get the paper version working, rock seems not worth it, tried it and couldn't even connect properly

30. Auhrii Apprentice Engineer

I agree that scissors seems like the best option so far - my main problems with it are minor rubberbanding (more my engineer being pushed in a random direction, sometimes even through the ground on planets before returning to normal) and the server half-dying every time a player connects (or to a lesser extent when players leave).

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.