Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.165 DEV - New Multiplayer Code, Total Block Redesign and much more!

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Dec 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Wanderduene Apprentice Engineer

Okay, I didn't played Space Engineers in the last few months but I watched the progress and it seems to me it's now the time to come back :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Vincenzo Trainee Engineer

Oh god... Cool update but... I don't know the reason but oxygen generator, hydrogen tank and oxygen tank, doesn't work. Can anyone tell me the reason or is a bug of this version?

3. gergelypuskaval Trainee Engineer

I never played on planets, because my machine never had enough power to render that environment... but I was fine in space, building my stupid stuff... until now. It seems the new block update threw away my remaining fps, so I have to bid farewell to the game until I get a new machine.

So good bye SE. We'll meet again one day.

PS.: that worn-out paint effect on the light armor blocks is horrible. I mean, it's just
    HORRIBLE.
    Sorry for that.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Engineer_Alex Trainee Engineer

O my god.... My heart. Its SOOOO COOOOOOOOOL! :):):woot::woot::tu::tu:[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. macgeifer Apprentice Engineer

best update ever and thats all you have to say? devs really appreciate our feedback but you are doing it wrong. better not to meet again.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. adamwillz123 Trainee Engineer

My steam hasn't even let me download this update yet =(

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  7. macgeifer Apprentice Engineer

i am sure you are still in the scissors or rock branch. had the same problem.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lord_Anubis 2 Trainee Engineer

looks all nice...but not for stables....

9. palmic Trainee Engineer

hmmm I Just wanted to do some home cleaning this weekend!!! :woot:
    --- Automerge ---
    You have to switch to public develop branch in steam app game properties..

10. Lord_Anubis 2 Trainee Engineer

But it is also Dev...not Stable, and I will not switch to Dev

11. palmic Trainee Engineer

Huh... nobody said it is public stable update i believe..

12. tharkus Junior Engineer

im having crash every time i try to paste a blueprint in the dev version.
    somebody else has the same issue ?
    Sent crash logs.

13. Lord_Anubis 2 Trainee Engineer

And where is the Update for the Stable Branch??? I playing only Stable and I am wondering, why we don't get all the updates of the last month. According to the Schedule I think.

14. gergelypuskaval Trainee Engineer

Man, I love this game and everythig that involves SE, I have ~1000 hours in it, but I had to point out that all that glitters is not gold... also, a negative feedback can be useful too, altough I have no illusions about my complaints with the armor block visuals will be ever addressed (see the famous mudded-scratched glass update).

I'm just a little bit dissappointed that I can't enjoy the game and the new block visuals with my current config anymore.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Eikester Apprentice Engineer

i hope they fix the mod textures not loading issue today

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

I've just finished the campaign and I only have 2 words to describe it: Pure awesomeness.
    My only complaint about it is that same awesomeness left me wanting more campaign missions by the end of it.

Great work Keen. :)

17. Helaton Apprentice Engineer

I'll throw this out, that I like the heavy armor looking similar to normal armor. It means an opponents can't tell what's reinforced and whats not at first glance?

• Like Like x 1
  18. GDragon Trainee Engineer

Great work!
    And lot of small bugs 4 you :)

Interior turret control, camera position wrong.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/0_GDragon_0/screenshot/112984788730800658

Large ion thruster have bad 1 stage lod (invisible borders) (you can see conveyers trough large ion thrusters on my screenshot)
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/0_GDragon_0/screenshot/112984788730801904

Bad cryochamber decal
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/0_GDragon_0/screenshot/112984788730807022
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/0_GDragon_0/screenshot/112984788730807212

in mission, if you destroy builded battery after placing (before complete) - you ruined mission process. And need die|restart.

Piston part clipping.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/0_GDragon_0/screenshot/112984788730909012

Bad gatling viewmodel on place.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/0_GDragon_0/screenshot/112984788730909679

• Like Like x 1
  19. Pegas519 Apprentice Engineer

Gaming is an expensive hobby. Technology changes regularly, you got to be able to keep up, or this is not for you. Don't blame the dev for moving into the future. Beside, there is a disclaimer on the system requirement that states that it may change without notice as the game develop. You have no genuine point to argue. You obviously need an upgrade on your hardware.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. TechNick Trainee Engineer

Great job!.... love the updated blocks, , But.... yes, there's a but. Armour blocks, light and heavy are just way to busy for my eyes, it looks good in small scale, but big ships just look ugly. especially the slope blocks, what's with all the V's? looks rubbish to me, also. glass still looks dirty and opaque and as stated by someone else, the solar panels don't look like they should work any more. the asteroids textures are horrendous really really HORRENDOUS, up close, not bad, a bit further away though and the texture pattern repeat is clear to see, and ill say it again, its HORRENDOUS! also, please fix the mod texture problem ASAP. otherwise, please keep up the good work. I would rate the game the same as I would have the day before yesterday with the armour textures being how they are, takes away exactly as much as the good stuff brings. LESS SCRATCHES/DIRT, MORE CLEAN SMOOTH, not totally, but, hmm, too much of a good thing is also not good. also, if not already easy for modders to get the new textures, make it easy, so they can quickly make stuff match the new themes.

Thank you! :)

21. spamenigma Trainee Engineer

Since nobody seems to know, it looks to have got updated a couple of hours ago. Just updating now!

22. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

I actually like the camo heavy armor.

The camo pattern has two colors in it: the one you selected and then a darker hue to make the camo patterns. This gives an interesting texture to armor, especially longer stretches of flat armor blocks. The camo also gives a military styling to ships that are usually intended for combat situations. As it seems now, heavy armor is monochrome and looks just like light armor.

It's pie-in-the-sky but I'd love to have the option to choose between at least two textures for armor. If we can choose color, then texture shouldn't be that big of deal. I would have a toggle in the client game settings that allows for "alternative textures" and let the client turn this option on or off. That way people playing with lower end graphics cards can avoid loading multiple textures that might reduce their experience, while people with high end cards can enable it so they get variations.

This could be great for also distinguishing player grids and Space Pirate grids as the different textures would give a different feel to ships.

• Like Like x 1
  23. spamenigma Trainee Engineer

For the first time in about 2 months (other than when i tested scissors) I've FINALLY been able to log into my server without my ship leaping and burying itself into the floor. Then tested my ship and when releasing landing gears it didn't proceed to leap and destroy itself!! Well done guys!

I did notice my other smaller ship outside its hanger, when I got in it fell through the floor..logged out/in and it was back in the hanger so some desync still occurs.

Also noticed landing gears not behaving properly, press unlock/lock a few times and find more and more stop changing state, eventually couldn't take off and I knew it was likely the server and client were out of sync in landing gear states. This also occurred when I tested scissors.

So I guess a good portion of scissors went into this version.. but overall looks like a step in the right direction :D

24. FFaruk Trainee Engineer

models look nice, i just don't like what they did with armor textures, because you can't make full black color.

25. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

I would call pretty much every review of this game online outdated and obsolete now. What an epic update! Thanks Keen!

26. Ur-Quan Lord 9 Trainee Engineer

Tested out the game roughly last night, and while it does seems that I am taking a minor FPS hit as a result of these new models, I do think it is greatly compensated by the plethora of new features and visual sharpness. My only hope is that maybe now we can go through an optimizing phase as we saw before the introduction of planets. However, this may be just with my space craft, as on planets it seemed that my FPS was averaging around 24-25 FPS (keep in mind I am using a six year old machine) on the Earth planet, which is an increase from the average ~21 or so FPS I achieved before. However, Sim speed does seem to take a slight impact from these changes, hovering around 0.8 instead of 1.0 as it used to achieve.

Nonetheless, a fantastic update worthy of celebration and some rest for the developers.

27. Roxette Senior Engineer

And again the Friday "panic fix the worst *-ups from yesterday" update is out but no changelog...

• Funny Funny x 1
  28. Raideur Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]

However, all the thrusters are really nice. I'd suggest Keen get a poll rolling so they can see what people feel is right on and what is really lacking.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  29. TechNick Trainee Engineer

not sure what they fixed, but its not a fix for the broken mod textures! BOOOO! I mean,,, how could they miss that, don't they use any mods in there own games when testing?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  30. Eikester Apprentice Engineer

Mods are still broken :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.