Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.166 STABLE - Space Engineers Beta

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Dec 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Cassius Faux Apprentice Engineer

I've got a feeling this is gonna be one of those things like how Minecraft has Herobrine.

Also its a 50/50 chance of just crashing the game or making an orbital tree it seems.

Edityedit:
    Wheel collisions still seem a bit buggered. Sadly. Can we have the old wheel collisions back please. They at least mostly worked and never locked up like glue when touching something.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Eikester Apprentice Engineer

very disappointed about the mod textures issue still NOT fixed

• Agree Agree x 14
  3. ILL-UMINATI Trainee Engineer

"Drone AI Improvements (strafing, ramming when without ammo, can use static weapons, targeting, waypoints)"

I didn't realize the game had been updated when I loaded up the game, but this explains why I was completely and utterly annihilated by a heavy pirate drone with 6 forward launchers. I thought it was doing some new maneuvers when it rekt me.

4. DemonFiren Apprentice Engineer

I thought Beta started a few months ago?

5. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Awesome... Stable now has the Dev bugs that are unresolved... who cares about timers and landing gear anyways. Anarchy on my server in 3...2...

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. Cetric Junior Engineer

Some infidels here always have a need for moaning. Holy Keen Software Church of Engineers will teach you a lesson. After lesson Alpha it will be lesson Beta from now on, a whole crusade in creativity in both Medieval Engineers and Space Engineers! Let me close my ardent prayer and fervent praise of the Lords by adding: Deus vult! :tu:

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Aldakoopa Apprentice Engineer

I'd say "Beta than eva" but Kerbal Space Program used that joke and this game has more bugs than ever now.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. TheTreeman Trainee Engineer

Any chance we could get a half-height armor block in the coming weeks?

• Agree Agree x 9
  9. Roxette Senior Engineer

So if we grind and fix all the rotated conveyor sorters now, will they need to be re-done again after tomorrows fix ? >.<

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. aetherbeetz Trainee Engineer

Very good question. It really doesn't seem like it could be a player-based issue.
    Anyone reading this could load up a large-grid blueprint that was made pre-update and has sorters and see for themselves. There's a current bug report on it as well.
    As tempting as "deleting and replacing every sorter on any blueprints that have them" sounds, it doesn't seem like the best route.

But the new models really do look great. Just not piped into the side.

11. KissSh0t Master Engineer

The new player held weapon is very very good... so much better than before.

There is no weapon reload animations? or is it because I am in creative?

12. DustinMVille Trainee Engineer

I REALLY would of waited a few more weeks before pushing everything in the Dev branch to the stable branch.
    also i prefer some of the old models over the new ones (namely. sliding doors. armor blocks. and a few more that im too lazy to name)
    i just loaded the game up and Holy Carp the new toolbar icons look bad they are so bland its unbelievable

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. wd56 Apprentice Engineer

fanboi alert

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Lord_Anubis 2 Trainee Engineer

Well, Well, after three years to hold the Love up within so many Bugs and Issues in Space Engineers,
    Tributes to Lord Clang with Rotors, Pistons and Landing Gears. Certain Deaths by falling through Planets.:tu:

[​IMG]

Well Done Guys!!!

15. peso Trainee Engineer

"- removed error message for 3D export function (ctrl+alt+e shortcut)" -- .obj still does not include whole design and colors.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. retep998 Trainee Engineer

Well, looks like I won't be playing Space Engineers for a while. I mean, I'm really excited about the new stuff, it's just more buggy than usual, especially with modded textures being broken, and the fact that it's on both dev and stable, so I have nowhere to turn to.
    Maybe I'll just wait until the next stable update whenever that is.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Well there is always the DX 9-32 bit compatibility branch to fall back on. ; )

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. midspace Senior Engineer

Only if you like the old netcode.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. RkyMtnDude Apprentice Engineer

Some voice is needed.. even bogus non-sensical utterances (ie: to immitate that interaction would bring a little more life ro the game. Text panel interaction is calland all,but lacks the immersion of a living world. If even you could simulate an interaction with a screen that types as it goes simulating an incoming message in some sort of communications screen so that my be in some instances you can simulate a comma console with an image of a person neXT to a screek that typed tell message or kicked off an audio track.

Not game breaking but limits the immersion in campaign

Also, I would suggest introducing an LCD that can display more than one public message allowing or more conditional responses on a single screen..
    --- Automerge ---
    Congrats on the milestone of Beta.. !!! looking forward to the coming months for improvements and additional features. The GUI will be big deal to me! Woo hoo!

20. kingkrieg Apprentice Engineer

Happens to me as well, pesky bug can be fixed by remapping the block to another number on your keyboard

21. ATMLVE Apprentice Engineer

Awesome work keen! Now that you hopefully have less on your plate, any chance that you could make some more tutorials for visual scripting? It's not intuitive a lot of the time, and there are tons of things that can be done with it that aren't mentioned anywhere in the guide, and the processes required to do those things are simply unknown.

22. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

23. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

They said "removed," not "fixed" silly :p

If you remove the error message there is no error right? /s

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. Replic TuaniOne Apprentice Engineer

Thank you guys for such wonderful work, congrats for getting into beta after 3 years ^^, been there from the start and you can see how much SE has grown, how much has been changed and how active you guys are working into it, also made such a big update back then when Planets came, Keep it up!

25. ViroMan Senior Engineer

Can't play... all sorters are screwed, my floor (concrete) is COMPLETELY invisible... Think Minecraft clear glass blocks without frames... wait I could use the concrete as ultra heavy duty windows to fly around with now... hmmm maybe this isn't so bad after all........ NAAAAA. My entire base is just wack yo... all the custom walls got spray painted purple by some ruffians... and it does not come off! I agree what was said before though... you guys should have waited to at minimum fix the mods texture issue before forcing this... situation on the stable branch.

All that being said... congrats on the beta.

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. KissSh0t Master Engineer

It was a dog!! he wasn't an enemy... he was just trying to eat my base made of metal... as we all know dogs eat metal...

[​IMG]

:<

• Funny Funny x 9
  27. ViroMan Senior Engineer

I pulled 21 sheets of metal out of the ass of one of those dogs. Man... these dogs are more goats then dogs.... Someone... ANYONE... change the dogs to rabid goats! I want to hear them bleat evilly as they chew my base. Instead of chewing on YOU they can ram you with their horns, goring you.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. [NnR]{H.K.}Warlama Trainee Engineer

btw keen when will we see a female space fungineer?
    lol i can see it now, on your base on earth, then all of a sudden you hear screams of 1,000 men...no GOATS! all on course to eat your base into scrap, send you back to the medievil engineer age.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  29. DON78 Trainee Engineer

I'm usualy not one of the boo'ers and Yay'ers every week, but this time you screwed up.

Fixed 1000 Bugs YAY!!!! But the two bugs that made me a very bad week are not fixed. Pink Blocks and useless mergeblocks ... but we are in beta now YAY!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. Harrekin Master Engineer

Yeah, we'll see how much "new content" there is.

Safe to say, I called this months ago.

• Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.