Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.166 STABLE - Space Engineers Beta

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Dec 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. lostjounin Trainee Engineer

Great update, might load up a server again to check it out with some friends... and watch the chaos! :D

2. sankti Trainee Engineer

pure no mods Vanilla Game still crashing when trying to play some custom survival with drones, maybe will VOTE in another year or decade, seriously fuck same "crashes" from months ...

DEAR SANTA. I JUST WANT TO PLAY PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN IN 2017 (last chance you son of b***)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Pie Apprentice Engineer

Just re-tried welding landing gear on easy start Earth - still broken - won't lock.

4. theCalcaholic Trainee Engineer

It's not a bug, it's a feature... Press T to toggle it on and off.

5. Rhayvin Trainee Engineer

One instance of a CTD does not constitute a bug. Having it occur on many systems and being able too reproduce it does. People need too remember this simple fact so if your computer has an issue under specific circumstances that nobody else has it is indeed your system at fault. Just a small comment because of the number of people who think "OMG game doesn't run on my computer, game must be broken" -Commence Trolling-

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  6. Pie Apprentice Engineer

Playing devils advocate here - so people shouldn't report CTD? How do you know it's not common if you don't report it? I've not had a CTD in SE for ages but if I did and I could repeat it on my system I'd submit a bug report with a full log and a video if 'nVidia Experience' let me save it. You never know - others may be having the same problem and it may help! :)

7. Rhayvin Trainee Engineer

Problem is unless I missed something this isn't the Bug report thread. So these can't be bug reports instead they are folks who just want to complain since they know they have an audience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Pie Apprentice Engineer

I'll concede that point. They do ask for feedback however. The people reporting specific issues I guess should do it elsewhere. Having said that the people complaining about the people complaining should do it elsewhere also as it's not feedback. Although following that logic I'm wrong to have responded to you - maybe it's time to call it quits! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Timotei~ Apprentice Engineer

Lol, that lorem ipsum on the new grinder. :D:tu:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. ViroMan Senior Engineer

I am more interested in your reported mass and volume in that picture.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

Personally I think your mistaken if you think the "Biggest Cargo Ship in the game" is the default mining hauler. Considering you CAN remove the build limits and create something BEYOND 100m blocks a crappy prebuilt miner that is on the Base Take Off Pad at start isn't that big. Instead of Focusing on the fact that the cargo ship can be disabled easily by default how about YOU make your own - in survival no less.

12. Timotei~ Apprentice Engineer

Lol, it's one of my secrets.

13. shanjoo Trainee Engineer

I'm loving the maglock boots. lets me walk around my ship build without needing grav or jetpack.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

Any kind of CTD is a bug, regardless of how many suffer it. It simply boils down to the game not handling certain situations, configurations or unexpected/player user behaviour. At the very least, a game should provide a way to report the crash, just as Keen already do. It's up to them to decide whether its worth the time to fix/handle a CTD bug based on how many reports they're getting, not the player. :stare:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. CaMo Trainee Engineer

As per above. In building a new ship today. The large Landing Gear will auto-lock and can be manully locked/un-locked.

The small on the other hand is the one that still has the issue. Will not lock or auto lock. Only on restart does it become active.

Regards,
    Cameron

16. Proxy Trainee Engineer

One thing tho.
    you know when you remove something of a Static grid it will be Dynamic.
    well. it is quite Buggy as the Entire Static Grid becomes Dynamic when you just remove a Single Block.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. RkyMtnDude Apprentice Engineer

It played very well for MP mode in my latest attempt today. Seriously, performance was less than I hoped (I am a big dreamer) but MUCH greater than my expectations. I was being critical. SP versus MP. It felt as close to SP as it has in the past when you are on a clean server all by yourself. Except the results were not well in the end overall.

Baseline:
    Regional or Local to me.
    7 or more players. (more faction and established player potential)
    Ping less than 100
    Close to vanilla game
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st server: Server crashed before I was done reading the Servers MOTD (Never even spawned)

~so on to server number two.

2nd server: Client side crash within 20 mins. Crash report sent. (Yeah! I like good error handling!)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Conclusion: Probably not a good idea to release any new features yet as it Probably will be a couple of bug and stability updates before it feels like a real BETA baseline. Probably. And Probably worth a few more attempts at 30 min casual Trial runs by myself just to try and generate more useful crash reports.

18. Aurex Trainee Engineer

Check my bug report(s), not the only one with that issue (or similar ones). Also, since it worked perfectly (well, reasonably so) until a certain patch and no amount of fresh reinstalls helped, it's DEFINITELY something on the engine's end. Sure, I took time to report the bugs to help with the development, but the fact is that I'd like to *add swearing here* play the game I feel like playing. The fact that it might be affecting, let's say, one thousand people (of which one tenth is actually reporting it) doesn't mean the bug isn't in fact a bug.

Also, "Game doesn't run on my perfectly working computer, hence game is broken."

19. Eric_The_Red Trainee Engineer

How extensive is the "Falling through the Planet" problem for others? Whenever I try climbing s steep hill or dig a deep tunnel on Planets my character falls through the world. The worst part of it is that everything in my inventory is gone for ever. There is not body to reclaim. I keep hoping things are getting better. I fire up multi-player once every few months only to encounter this stuff, sigh, and wait some more. The game is fun and I can deal with the occasional crash but when crashes remove the time/sweat equity you put into the game (by disappearing you inventory) it becomes much less fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. ViroMan Senior Engineer

I have fallen through a tunnel I was digging 3 times in two days. OHH and even better... something I don't remember happening before but, the tinny pebbles that come off when you mine... they push you back hard if your mining upside down. I took damage from the force back into a wall! I thought I was rubber banding into a back wall.

21. Dantheotherone Trainee Engineer

*A shout out to the developers.*
    You guys and gals are doing an awsome job.

I noticed that you will still be adding content in the Beta phase and I have a suggestion.
    I remember reading somewhere ,maybe it was on Marek's blog, that there was talk of maybe adding a handheld refinery and assembler.

I think this would be a great addition to a survival scenario.

A person could start out with nothing but a couple of bottles of oxygen, hydrogen, welder, drill and of course the handheld refinery and assembler.

If by chance you happen to read this, I thank you for your time in doing so.

22. Eric_The_Red Trainee Engineer

Are you falling through in single Player or Multi-player?

23. DrakoZ Trainee Engineer

In general, while there is great, there are some bugs, mainly to the fall sim speed (large ship)

Add liquid
    Add Cold / Hot
    Add Weather
    And ideally make the orbit of the planets.
    It would be all super =)

Keep it up!!

24. Irish286 Apprentice Engineer

Servers still bog down to about .6 sim speed during heavy use with 25 people but that's a fair bit better than the .2-3 we were getting before with just 10 people on. Have they added multi-core support yet for servers? If not, whats preventing it? Like, what is the technical reason? Everything I've read says Havok and Vrage are both multi-threaded and yet I still hear server owners talk about how the servers are still single core.

25. ViroMan Senior Engineer

Offline, "single"

26. Eric_The_Red Trainee Engineer

Well, I guess that means it is not Netcode related since I also get it in MP. Hope they can fix it. I am tired of my inventory disappearing into the void along with the engineer corpse.

27. Slywolf117 Trainee Engineer

As of this update, the 2 small ports on the back of the small grid cockpit, no longer function when connected to anything.

28. ViroMan Senior Engineer

I am not sure it its related but, the small ports on the med containers also do not seem to work. Conveyors hooked up to them remain deactivated.

29. Harrekin Master Engineer

Awesome job?

They haven't added anything new since planets except mag-lock boots.

Everything else has been trying to fix what they have...and they're still a million miles away.

I moved on a long time ago from boredom (the scripting was the only thing even keeping me going for so long).

I just always had such hopes for this game but it seems they're not actually going to tap any of the potential beyond "you guys can edit source code and make mods to add the stuff we wont".

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  30. Devon_v Senior Engineer

They can add more stuff later. Releasing the game doesn't mean walking away and never touching it again. There just aren't going to be any more planet-level features.
    --- Automerge ---
    Havok can be multi-threaded, but each thread basically runs a different set of physics. The new netcode only just added the sort of location tracking that would be needed to use this. VRAGE itself just divides parts of the game onto different threads (main game, loading/saving, spawning entities, block functions, etc), it can't currently divide what one thread is assigned into more, but that might also be able to change due to the new netcode.

It's also possible that the dedicated server is simply lagging behind the client in features.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.