Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.167 STABLE, DEV - Beta Bugfixes and Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. sankti Trainee Engineer

- fixed disappearing ships in multiplayer
    wow rly ?

NOW CAN YOU FIX RANDOM SHIPS FLYING AWAY UPWARDS AND ARE UNACESSIBLE/INVISIBLE FOR OTHER PLAYERS THAN HOST ? playing on game host public and that Bug is still here maybe never fixed

GRINDING SMALL BLOCKS FROM DRONE SHIPS MAKES GAME OUT OF MEMORY THANKS YOU VERY MUCH this bug is also very old !

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  2. Suicide_Jack Trainee Engineer

Shipdrills only work with mousebuttons
    the menu entries only allow to switch conveyor on and off

3. Gakhon Trainee Engineer

I'm also looking forward to try it; I'm waiting to see if it's included in the Steam winter sale that supposed to start soon. :)

4. V_quinha Trainee Engineer

Fixed crash in Havoc? Really? Could this mean that the invalid memory crash is gone?

Time to update and see if the game is playable again :).

Edit: nope, see you next year. Merry crashmas!

2016-12-22 18:33:14.972 - Thread: 1 -> Exception occured: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. darkness7966 Trainee Engineer

can you sort out the fact that the game cant be played with advance graphics cards coz it keeps registering my card as a piece of shit i have the rx480 strix my mate is having the same issue with another card

6. Carrera Trainee Engineer

When are mergeblocks fixed?
    Without these blocks i wouldn't get this game even if you payed to play the game.

7. zDeveloper10 Junior Engineer

"disapearing ships in multiplayer"
    does that mean turning invisible or simple being deleted off the face of the galaxy at random? if it's the latter,that's awesome.

8. Ancalagon02 Trainee Engineer

yea this game is not playable i really hoped they keep stable, stable and keep the dev branch
    now this is game is so buggy for a beta i'ts still more a a alpha than beta

9. pologoalie8908 Trainee Engineer

Was the CryoPod interior window fixed? Along with the Icon for the drill being the old drill? Additionally being able to change the transparency of the ghost block would be nice, its very difficult to see which way my blocks are rotated in certain areas when building. Also when are you guys going to change the G menu to automatically have the search box selected so we can start typing right away to look for a part

10. AedanXaelan Apprentice Engineer

"This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."

I don't know any developer who can fix a physical memory problem. Might wanna replace that RAM stick and try again :)

11. Kiithnaras Trainee Engineer

At long last - The Stable and Dev branches align once more! KALIMAH!

12. Draygo Senior Engineer

;)
    --- Automerge ---
    Most likely that would be a corrupt file over corrupt ram. I suggest verifying game files first before you do something much more drastic.

13. g4borg Apprentice Engineer

I would still hope we get more small block versions of building blocks in vanilla, like glass, to have even better designs
    not even caring about pressure or sth. just small ships gone wild lite
    will definitely keep trying the mp. I love the idea of having soon servers after servers to explore.

14. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

15. j2redlive Trainee Engineer

I just wanted to thank you guys for bringing us this amazing game in which I've logged countless hours, it's the first game that I've never gotten tired or bored of, I'm always creating and building things that I come up with my creative mind, this game is the perfect sandbox and tool to bring all my creations to life, I absolutely love what has been done with this game and I love the mod making and creative building community we have, it's simply the best! We always have great content and occasionally great updates! THANK YOU!

16. StyleBBQ Trainee Engineer

Large Ship Drills "Normal" ore collecting mode still not working.

Only checked my test world setup, full vanilla, single large drill on piston pointed down, button panel used to turn drill on/off.

I filed a bug report on 21st; http://forums.keenswh.com/threads/0...lls-normal-ore-gathering-not-working.7390810/

Don't know if I'm supposed to bump the bug report or not? Really wish there was a 'status-box' or something in Bug Forum that Devs could click so we knew report had been read, or 'is-on-the-list' or something... Just feels like, with so many reports, that yours gets lost in the basket :/

17. halipatsui Senior Engineer

I still have this empty feeling at the end of the video when there is no more teasers :(

18. Aldakoopa Apprentice Engineer

The problem isn't that the memory is corrupt though. The problem is the game devours all the other memory and then tries to access system-reserved memory (being used by the operating system), is the way I understand it.

19. RkyMtnDude Apprentice Engineer

IN regards to bugs ~~~~ "and we will continue until we will find and crush them all! :)"

That's all I needed to hear on that note. Thank you and have a happy Holiday Season!

20. Farindark Apprentice Engineer

Greetings

MERRY CLANGMAS EVERYONE! Loved that song Xocliw. Thanks Keen for 1,590 hours of gaming goodness! :pbjt:

• Like Like x 1
  21. Sarekh Senior Engineer

Thanks for the update and the hard work in 2016!

22. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

When can i drill again using my drill-group?
    My drill-group context menu only consists of "conveyor on/off"

23. Morphik Apprentice Engineer

Sounds like people need to upgrade their ram, I have 12gig and the game barely uses 3-4 of that!

24. Cotcan Trainee Engineer

Yes! It got fixed! Thanks keen for being an awesome company, and making an awesome game.

25. Aldakoopa Apprentice Engineer

I have 16GB and have seen as high as 90% usage just starting out in a SP game. I only had a small base with refinery and assembler, a few batteries and solar panels, and some turrets and walls for the wolves. I was out of range of the pirate bases and had no drones spawning, cargo ships off, literally nothing but a few small mines and a small base. 90% of 16GB. Explain that.

26. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

Thanks for the improvements. Loving the new blocks, at first it was a little laggy but now runs beautifully. Thanks for all the hard work Keen, good luck for 2017. Happy Christmas/Holidays everyone!

27. nubeees Trainee Engineer

Pistons and rotors still do not work with merge blocks, effectively breaking the large airtight hanger door on the workshop...

Keen pls

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Leonardo90 Trainee Engineer

- fixed character clipping through physics
    Well it isn't fixed - there's still desynchronization on our server. My friends can fly through ore stones on planets, and I can't even see these stones, they are like client-side rendered.
    Still waiting for a fix.

29. Kham Apprentice Engineer

So after today's update, half of my asteroid base now has the asteroid voxels respawned inside of it... This is going to be a pain in the backside to clear out with only a hand drill.

30. Slywolf117 Trainee Engineer

how about fixing connectors and small grid landing gears? small grid will not lock onto large at all, and connectors still make ships randomly blow up when you disconnect and move. Kind of counter productive to build a small drill ship or something, connect it to jump(seems like the jump drive, built or unbuilt, causes the main ship to spin out of control as well, regardless if the connected ship blows up or not) just to loose it.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.