Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.168 STABLE, DEV - Beta Bugfixes, Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Dec 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Nick_A Trainee Engineer

Patch notes are incorrect. Merge blocks still won't connect on pistons or rotors.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

I can confirm @Nick_A's statement, attempted to merge two piston heads to one grid and the merge block did not light up (ownership was all to me)

Shame really, there goes any real attempt at "engineering" anything for atleast another week, unless hotfix friday is a saving grace.

Have a happy newyear folks at Keen!

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

What does this movement indicator mean for scripting?

4. MustangDood Trainee Engineer

Who is merging your code over there. Fire that guy.

And hire some Q/A ffs.

And stop updating stable with buggy dev code. We all love and appreciate updates, but if it's not ready for god's sake just postpone it. Noone wants to get a new update every hour for the next 2 days while you get your poop in a group. This crushes the dedicated servers.

And Happy New Year lol.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Roxette Senior Engineer

As it's still a problem building small ships because of the ongoing landing gear bug, as promised here is a mod that can be used as a workaround...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=829337535

This mod allows small grid blocks to be placed partially embedded into voxel materials, i.e. planets and asteroids in the same way as large grids.

Its primary function is to allow small ships to be safely and easily built while in gravity or in space without unwanted movement. Once the build is complete, the ship can be detached by grinding the attachment.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Scorpion00021 Senior Engineer

can we please do something to make the lines on the armor block textures look a little more.. subtle.. from a distance? Right now the game looks like Borderlands.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. nathan2000 Trainee Engineer

Can confirm. Must have been a different issue fixed.

8. halipatsui Senior Engineer

I seriously have to visit this page.
    On the pther hand why not make it my home page instead?

9. JasonG Trainee Engineer

Yes little bugs fixed not a problem its the holidays, but giving us new bugs? Bad bugs too like lcds not working? Why do you do this Keen? why do you just decide every once and while that you wasted time, and not do the update, we are going to be a lot less mad believe me. Also we are gamers not professional game testers, we love to help you, but you need to hire a QA department, for your own sake Keen

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. mos Apprentice Engineer

For one reason or another, the video doesn't play

*edit*

For one reason or another, chrome doesn't want to play the video... edge does. Probably something on my end :p

11. JasonG Trainee Engineer

12. Greyson_XMG Apprentice Engineer

What teaser?

13. posthy Apprentice Engineer

What does "added ShipController Movement Indicators to PB API" mean?

14. SF-1 Raptor Junior Engineer

Still no offline campaign?

:((

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. pologoalie8908 Trainee Engineer

Still no Planetary(or Atmospheric) Lander when starting survival mode in a Star System. I start in my suit with my jet pack on hovering a couple meters over a lake, at night. So i get attacked by wolves. I know the trick of, Suicide then re-spawn in ship. But that shouldn't be necessary. It worked before BETA. I also turned on "Start a Re-spawn screen" and im still in my suit.

16. TechNick Trainee Engineer

Appreciate that its the holidays, and some of you are still working hard. Kudos. but please Please PLEASE. after 24hrs working on a fix for something, take another 2 minutes to update the patch notes with the hot-fix info, is that really so much to ask?

Thank You!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at Keen Software House for all the work they have done so far. After over 3500 hours in game I can attest that this game is now far, far beyond what either the players or KSH themselves imagined. The potential for this game has now reached incredible proportions. The possibilities are astounding. I know because of what you have achieved thus far that it is difficult for some to believe that there is no issue that you cannot resolve overnight. For many people there seems to be one thing or another that has yet to be resolved that prevents them from enjoying the game. I don't know what those things are because, well, 3500 hrs.

Anyway, if what you said is true:
    then I look forward to the next 3500 hours.

Thank you for the best game I've ever played, and have a Happy New Year!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  18. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

What exactly is wrong with them? I'd be more interested in getting the pertinent fixes to CREATE/FLY small ships personally. Conveyers are secondary :p

19. Shanjaq Trainee Engineer

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

So True...Quotes are a powerful weapon, but that doesn't mean the pen is mightier than the sword - just that it gets around with less difficulty (imagine trying to sneak a kid's toy knife into airport security vs. a book of bad quotes :p)
    --- Automerge ---
    minus the fact you drew on that screenshot with a magic marker I see no bugs here - Origin is a waypoint, don't want to see it? Turn It off in the GPS menu.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  21. Shanjaq Trainee Engineer

Look again, and did you not see the thread link?

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I want to shoot things in Survival mode... I want things to shoot me in Survival Mode... I want to die in survival mode other than me killing myself to get a new suit full of oxygen.

I want Survival mode to not be empty :<

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  23. Slywolf117 Trainee Engineer

Your point doesn't matter? Because I was talking SPECIFICALLY for small grid, IN Natural Gravity and Atmosphere, Without having to go through hoops like doing what you stated just to build something small.

24. ATalkingRock Apprentice Engineer

In the video thumbnail, on that fighter below the cockpit there are some partially grinded down blocks. What blocks are they? I can't seem to find them by grinding down blocks in game..

25. RkyMtnDude Apprentice Engineer

Thanks for the end of the year effort!... now go get some pie!

26. Lancar Senior Engineer

To build small ships while on a planet I always just make a cross on the ground out of smallship light armor, and then just build on top from it. The X shape keeps the ship from falling over in any direction, as long as the ground beneath is level.
    When the ship is flyable, I grind away the blocks.
    Only takes a few steel plates to make. Cheapest solution I've found, and takes nearly no effort.

Won't work in space, though, obviously.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. CrazyEd Trainee Engineer

On my current world, I made a platform on the ground, hollowed it out below, and stuck a large landing gear in the hole, so ontop the surface is flush with platform..... works like boss

The rotor with the small head is also bitchin, if you position the rotor on the wall, you can rotate your build to get to parts without climbing scaffolding or jetpacking

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. Sinbad Senior Engineer

that is an awesome idea!

29. JasonG Trainee Engineer

ah that actually made me feel a little sad lol, that frowny face, I,m sorry it does suck

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. ILL-UMINATI Trainee Engineer

As of this patch there's a new issue with deformation damage, projectiles that weren't even destroying a single heavy armor block are now destroying one or more adjacent armor blocks BEFORE EVEN DESTROYING THE ONE BLOCK THEY HIT. This is a clear issue with adjacent armor blocks receiving an immense amount of deformation from nearby hits that result in them being pushed beyond their Maxdeformation values. I don't know what you guys did since you don't update your github every patch, but it's completely ruined any sense of balance, or even any ability I have to balance, the server mods I've been working on for months.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.