Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.168 STABLE, DEV - Beta Bugfixes, Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Dec 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

hmmmmm....wonder what the survival players will have in store soon?
    I wouldn't mind having to manually use bottles.
    engineer takes it out connects a hose and holds it and then twists a valve to let the flow of gas start.
    or could it be food? thats been recommended far too much.
    water? no no no....we've been over that more than players have made it to mars.
    new enemy?....new planet?

2. Gakhon Trainee Engineer

Yep, there is basically no reaction on bug report threads from KSH. I don't know why is this difference, but on the Medieval Engineers forum almost all bug report threads I checked had some reply from testers/devs.
    --- Automerge ---

(This Automerge really puzzles me...)

After spending 250+ hours in the game (I know, many players spend much more), and writing a positive review on Steam that is voted as one of the most 'helpful' recent reviews, I honestly have to question if I actually had good experiences overall. Sadly, I started to think that I was more addicted to the concept than to the actual game.

Every time I became excited (and there were a lot of times when I wanted to do my little projects in SE more than anything else), the game consistently punished me for my excitement – through not letting me rejoin the server after updates for days (and seeing tens of hours of my work getting wiped), through crashes, through game breaking bugs, or by making me realize that the relatively simple stuff I wanted to create is not possible due to missing armor/window shapes, weird collisions or pistons/rotors/suspensions that don’t work properly (I didn't like that the solution to a lot of things is to install mods that can break any time). And while the game was marketed as one that uses realistic physics, I was sorely disappointed dozens of times about how unrealistic certain things are in the game.

In retrospect, I think I had more anger, sadness and frustration than fun and sense of achievement. Admittedly, part of these were caused by dedicated server admins, but still, experiences like that are reflective of the real-life experiences SE provides in MP at this point in time. When I afterwards tried another early access title (Subnautica), I was completely blown away how fun is to play it, and I think I realized that my relationship with Space Engineers was more similar to a Stockholm syndrome sort of relationship than to a healthy one. Now that I’m out of the zone, so to speak, I find it hard to think about becoming heavily involved again in SE, at least until a lot of issues are sorted out.

On the other hand, I can’t deny the value of the inspiration that SE gave me; it inspired me to start working on my own indie project in Unity, which can easily end up being a turning point in my career plans. So, in light of that it’s questionable if I can really complain. :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Hemp Plan[e]t Apprentice Engineer

F5 smashing begins :3

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. eviltek2099 Apprentice Engineer

<<<-- ditto
    --- Automerge ---
    Oh, this IS late but here it is anyway...

STABLE

• Like Like x 1
  5. russo_bolado Junior Engineer

Captain Russo, reporting for F5 Squad! No sight of update yet.

Hell, my lone wolf F5 incursion is actually keeping me awake at work. I'm really tired and could use a break. Studying everyday (after work and home chores) is very exhausting.

6. Krienas Trainee Engineer

I bet F5 can be exhausting also

7. ghettodexter Trainee Engineer

Hmm Lack of Dev replies and even a verbal update on the current situation of the sub-merge bug is sad... this circle jerk buddy-buddy system of this forum makes it no better...

8. AedanXaelan Apprentice Engineer

What does that even mean?

9. ghettodexter Trainee Engineer

@AedanXaelan , It means bug reports in forums get ignored because popularity, threads get filled with early users and forum leaches that are only out for popularity by being involved in thread discussion but actually have nothing to add to the bug report but just want to add their 2 cent, then do the mods jobs by consistently repeating forum rules to other users. This causes only popular forum users thread to get attention and the real bug reports get ignored even if formatted properly and clearly explained. Then those users go onto the popular thread because DEVs and MODs are only giving said thread attention to post the bug they have been having ignored for days or weeks and gets ranted on by the "circle-jerk buddy squad"... This is what that means sir
    --- Automerge ---
    @GrindyGears You make a lot of threads you just agreed with me in your own thread on this exact same issue but disagree in this thread... care to explain?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. eviltek2099 Apprentice Engineer

And I'll say it again. Forums are not good for bug tracking. I use Jira but there are many more: http://www.capterra.com/bug-tracking-software/

11. JasonG Trainee Engineer

yeah I gotta agree their are trolls mostly from the pvp world they literally do this tactic regularly and we have been dealing with it for years now, every since solar panels were introduced and pvp ers where flooding the forums doing this to try to stop the implementation of solar panels, cus they are against any thing that doesn't help them kill more

12. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

Sorry for delayed response, because forum automerge it didn't add the tag to my notifications.

My normal experience with keen is that I get responses to my threads, I'm not particularly popular afaik on these forums, i'm usually that asshole who says rotors and pistons work fine, you're just not using them correctly...
    However it's worth noting that when I made my more recent threads on the bug report forums, particularly regarding the broken pistons and merge blocks my old pal @I23I7 seemed to be on vacation, like most normal people would take around Christmas, before his recent return in the new year the forums said the last time he had logged in was Dec 13th I posted on the 29th, so it was unlikely to garner a response anyway, infact none of the threads posted really were.

Now I'm sure he's done his best to catch up, but there were a huge number of reports filed during the few weeks he wasn't here and it's difficult considering he has (i assume) other responsibilities at keen and theyre constantly pushing new code that breaks new things and fixes others.

I disagreed with you because you think it's about popularity, while i'm sure some threads go unnoticed even if they are perfect, i'd say many of them even if not "formally" acknowledged are noted. For example the merging of sub grids issue is pretty major, i'd be hard pressed to say that they are unaware of the issue, i think i've viewed/participated in most of the threads regarding the issue and I don't think any of them got responses, but i'd say its very likely they are aware of the issue.

13. opethbtbam Apprentice Engineer

I'll get it updated sometime this week. It got neglected in the weeks leading up to beta, but the work load has eased a little bit here lately (by comparison).

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.