Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.169 DEV - Physics and Voxel Optimizations, Deluxe Edition

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

Personally I have to disagree with forcing us to buy the game again just to get the first release. Why not simply let us switch to this in the BETA tab under Space Engineers preferences? I bought the game in alpha. Even Bethesda let people have Skyrim SE for Free who already owned the original...Yes Bethesda could afford to do that I know...but its making us buy essentially the same game twice. I would love to buy the Deluxe but to me it comes too close to being labelled as a "scam".

Otherwise, good update.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. KingdomBragg Junior Engineer

Seeing as you're fixing wrong mount points, I noticed that blocks can't attach to the side of the advanced rotor. Looks like the model got updated to match the style of the regular rotor but the mount points didn't. I'll make a bug report as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. entspeak Senior Engineer

Amazing! Can we bring back the free floating animation from the earlier version of the game for floating in no gravity! I always loved that animation.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

Hey, you guys keep asking for ladders. Looks like you got it.

Well played, Keen.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Speshal_Snowman Apprentice Engineer

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. haibusa2005 Trainee Engineer

Nobody forces us to buy anything. But giving free access to the initial version to players who already own the game would have been a curtsy.

• Agree Agree x 7
  7. Needye Trainee Engineer

This means that keen is working in bringing back the ladders?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

Pheeew, so much disagreeing here. I appreciate the update boys! Though some bugs still render some features of SE completely unfunctional.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Vellai Trainee Engineer

the DELUXE version is the first release from 2013?!?!?! and i paid for it... what the hell... not happy at all. an old version should be FREE not cost $9 kinda really not happy.... what possible use could this be to me?

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  10. KevusBorus Trainee Engineer

The update is great, but that paid 2013 version is just ridiculous in my opinion. Everyone who bought this game, even if they didnt have it back in 2013, should have access to this build. As Rotal said, we should never have lost access to it, and its upsetting and insulting to have to pay for it now.

Also, on the shop page it reads:

"It will allow you to experience first hand the difference in feature set to the current live build and see how the game has evolved over the years."

Thats a good idea and i think that is the intention behind this whole 2013-build-thing. But why would you force everyone to pay 2.99€ for this comparison? Wouldnt it be much more effective to make it free of charge and advertise it, so everyone could jump into this old build and see for themselves how far this game has come?

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. nukeguard Trainee Engineer

Deluxe Versions: Where to find the additional content

but I just bought the original SE from steam yesterday...

12. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

I want to try out the original game. I got SE when Multiplayer was rolled out. The lure of ladders is very strong. So its essentially forcing me to but I'll wait. Don't much care about the Sound Track, its legally on Youtube anyway.

13. The MoSS 2 Apprentice Engineer

It's nice to see some attention to wheels, but how about fixing a bug suspension height not doing anything until checking safety lock on and off again (2-3 months or older bug)? Or that funny 1g gravity that feels like slow motion when driving a vehicle (right now, driving on earth feels more like being in moon gravity)?

Although voxel improvments are very nice. Game feels significantly better on planets.

14. nubeees Trainee Engineer

It seems the same update that fixed sliding off moving pistons also now lets players stand on moving small ships! A long awaited update!

Also, much to my dismay, subgrids still cannot merge together.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I'm pretty sure I can find a way to break pistons... and they will probably explode.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Fishkaras Trainee Engineer

Thanks for weekly updates.

> fixed GPS serialization
    I hope it was a fix for this bug.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. nubeees Trainee Engineer

On a sidenote, I love the spotlight change! Spotlights look like spotlights again! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Akimitsu18 Apprentice Engineer

Let me see if I understand how the deluxe version works: Aside from the soundtrack and artwork, essentially what's being offered here is the ability to have both the legacy game and the current game installed at the same time simultaneously? If I remember correctly you can already backdate your installation to a much older version of the game (DX9, pre planets) using the Beta tab in steam. Can you backdate to the same version as the deluxe version?

Also, what's this talk about "forcing" anyone to buy anything? Here's an experiment to prove if that's true: don't buy it. Now wait for a period of time. Did you lose anything you had before today?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Floppy Pancakes Trainee Engineer

All the complaining here is cringe worthy. Many of us wanted another way we could support KSH as an indie developer. Thank you KSH for another weekly update! And thank you for giving us the option to be able to support you guys more so then just buying the game, already have the deluxe edition! The hard work put towards the game really shows and has motivated me to support you guys in any way that I can <3.

@Xocliw Would love to see more streaming of the group survival!! Seeing you guys as devs enjoy playing the game as much as I do really brings hope that it will turn in to something even more amazing.

• Disagree Disagree x 12
    • Agree Agree x 7
  20. JasonG Trainee Engineer

Can you guys give a more complete description of bug fixes, where does it show that a game crashing bug was fixed, as mentioned in the update video? How can we help fix bugs if we don't know whats going on? Are we supposed to refind our bugs to see if they where fixed each week Keen?
    --- Automerge ---
    were you paid to say that?

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  21. szalkerous Trainee Engineer

I'm gonna wager (I have zero interest in playing an old version of the game) that it's the principle of the thing; gamers are very sensitive to companies that cash grab and it tends to be a lynch mob when it's suspected.

This all being said, I don't see why Keen is trying to make money off an old alpha version of the game. That seems very petty. Give the old version for free in a DLC, and ask money for the soundtrack/artwork/etc.
    --- Automerge ---
    I'm still not seeing this update posted to the game or dedicated server depots.....
    Edit: Forgot to opt into dev branch again. Ignore.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 8
  22. JasonG Trainee Engineer

So do you guys know about the bug with people entering space from a planet and as soon as astroids appear their game crashes?

23. Gwindalmir Senior Engineer

Xocliw said we'd get the original 2013 version, he did *not* say we'd have to pay extra for it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. Terminal_6 Trainee Engineer

I love it, but 160% of 15 FPS isn't even 25.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  25. szalkerous Trainee Engineer

Pretty sure a quick stop to the store page will prove otherwise.

26. Oskarowski Trainee Engineer

hm, the drill "improovement" improoved the on/off function away. Do I now really need to hold the mouse button for hours in order to work? Please give me the on/off switch back...

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

I'm loving Planets now. Its like a whole new...nope not saying it...Earth Planet! Gotta check out Mars and the Alien planet. Does the Alien planet even have a name? Saberos or something?

28. BayouMac Trainee Engineer

IMO the whole game has been borked since BETA release. I hadn't been playing for a while but decided to try the BETA release. Using the Stat System setup, found me on the planet surface with no lander and no supplies. Trying the Red Crashed Ship, you don't see the ship crash into the asteroid anymore. Also, some initial tests I've done shows that the game in Red Crashed Ship setup, Lone Survivor setup, and Empty World are all static worlds. They are not procedurally generated. Every time I generate a game using those setups, the world is the same. Plus, when was the Asteroids setup remove? And why? I have identical experiences on different computers. I've even uninstalled, cleaned out folders, and reinstalled with the same issues. Something has seriously gone awry with KEEN. Even this new dev release is borked. I tried the Star System setup and spawned out in space looking at the planet with no supplies and no lander. Just me and my tools. Very displeased. :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. LATENT PRECISE-IMPOSER Apprentice Engineer

man, what would it take for keen to push ladders into the main game, the original version is great and all but a lot of good ideas from the pre-alpha (like ladders) need to be refurbished, debugged and brought into the new year.

I hate to say it but some people already do have the original version on their Hard Drives... courtesy of peer-to-peer downloading.

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. Trozzo Apprentice Engineer

I've seen ladders... where the fuck are ladders now!?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.