Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.171 DEV - Programmable Block Inter-Grid Communication

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Jan 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. mcrbradbury Trainee Engineer

Now that is a really pleasant surprise! The last few updates have made me pretty excited for Fridays! :woot:

2. NoThanks Apprentice Engineer

STABLE branch update would be nice. Guess I'll wait another week to check back and see if I can play again.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Liiw Trainee Engineer

Is it just me or does anyone else have problems with alt-tabbing out of the game? Running on win10

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Brocily Trainee Engineer

I have the same problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 666Savior Apprentice Engineer

yayyy! now the fleet command script can really be useful!

6. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Confirming, on Windows 8.

Sound is working on my pc.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Liiw Trainee Engineer

Managed to find a temporary solution to the alt-tabbing issue. I use multiple desktops on win10 (single monitor)- apparently it is still possible to switch between those.

8. Rdav Apprentice Engineer

It. is. coming...

9. ATMLVE Apprentice Engineer

In that case, I will continue to give the same feedback that I have been giving which has not been addressed or acknowledged. There is virtually no way for anyone to use visual scripting because almost no guides on any of its features have been provided.

http://forums.keenswh.com/threads/more-details-on-visual-scripting.7391426/

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Killacyte Senior Engineer

I'm delighted to see this update!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Liiw Trainee Engineer

Sound is working for me.

12. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

I in-home stream my game to a second pc (running Win 8.1), but since I was having issues with sound I had to check the host pc and, yes, alt-tabbing wasn't working. Had to stop the game.

Still cant figure out what the sound issue is.

13. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

So, large grid merge mount points are fixed, but small grid merges still can not be built on eachother. :/

So close to being able to actually enjoy this game.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Gakhon Trainee Engineer

I also don't understand why do they insist to hire locally. If they would have a very good development record, it would be understandable that they don't want to jeopardize it... but looking at the issues with the development, they really should be a bit more desperate to hire talent, wherever is it. Especially since the source code is already shared... there doesn't seem to be any real danger in trying somebody from e.g. overseas.

Take for example Subnautica - it has quite high production value, and it's being developed by a team that "spans the globe" (their phrasing).

15. Daev Trainee Engineer

You seriously can not change one line in a week? or an Render Improvements
    optimization? terrible Lod objects in 18 meters it's not funny [​IMG] :eek:ops: ( Change at least 80 meters)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

That does seem to be a strange requirement in this day and age. Perhaps Marek likes to look people in the eye when he fires them.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. kcjunkbox Senior Engineer

The new contruction stages for small and large grid blocks look terrible in all black! Did he paint them black from their natural metal color before finishing the blocks? Seems odd and looks bad

18. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

You have gained Trump's Twitter-style... congrats.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Nick_A Trainee Engineer

It's because it's not actually in space engineers. You just have to click on the screen. The only problem that comes with that is that it's impossible to use any other application while SE is open.

20. PhunkMaZ Trainee Engineer

Looks like the small grid pistons has been fixed. At least their head don't behave that weired as before :carlton:

21. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

Sub grids are still 100% broken with more than one piston attached to a single grid... instant explosion and insane phantom force... its unfortunate, but i guess i'll just wait another week.

22. Brocily Trainee Engineer

When I'm on single player, pistons are smooth as butter. As soon as someone joins me they become sooooo jumpy. I hope they manage to fix multiplayer.

• Like Like x 3
  23. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I have a ship with a few pistons on it, 3 for landing legs and... I think it's 4 in it's belly with a door that opens down... the ship moves by itself, if you get out and look at it the ship just keeps spinning slowly... and when flying it's continuously moving against you as you fly it... I'm getting really frustrated by pistons... this is in Singleplayer, I do not play multiplayer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Well, first off, SE is the only application running and, second off, I'm playing the game which means I'm clicking the #$#$&^%$ all over the screen. This wasn't happening yesterday ( in fact, its never happened to me before). The only thing that changed is the SE version.

25. PhoenixTheSage Junior Engineer

It is, but at the same time, these are senior positions. The leaders of the teams really should be on-site in the offices. So on some level I disagree.

However, if they are looking for QA and are willing to allow remote work, a certain hot Floridian bird would love to jump at the chance :)

26. Renfield37 Trainee Engineer

There are multiple teams working on multiple aspects of the game, artwork being one of them. Chill man

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  27. Buzzed Bear Apprentice Engineer

This is all cool about the timer blocks - but what I really would like to see in there is the ability to PAUSE within the action queue of the timer block... would like to be able to place a "Pause Block" that we can set how many seconds it waits till it goes to the next action.... IE: Depressurize, Power Door On, Open Door, Pause 10 Seconds, Close Door, Power Door Off, Pressurize. Every time you need to pause in the action queue, you need to add another timer block....

THIS IS WHAT IS NEEDED IN THE TIMER BLOCK... Please?

Still waiting, hoping, wishing for - Separate action queues for the sensor blocks - for each thing it can detect... build in a timer block setup for each action with up to 9 slots.... Pretty Please?
    --- Automerge ---

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. vymasteny_pankac Apprentice Engineer

you guys probably haven't played "stable" branch for some time...

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. Exercist Trainee Engineer

I wonder if this'll mean we'll eventually have wheels and thrusters on pistons or rotors able to be controlled by a cockpit on the main grid.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Bahroth Apprentice Engineer

Y'all be mentioning stable branch...
    I haven't had the "Stable" branch in my beta selection menu for weeks.

Its gone guys?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.