Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.172 STABLE

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Feb 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. I23I7 ME Tester

I do not seem to have the issue with sound but some users have reported the problem could you PM me with when exactly does it happen for you?
    Investigating the batteries and sound issue. As for the freelook there is a hotfix on the way.

2. Hailedbean Trainee Engineer

Cannot agree more. How is the community going to thrive when we keep getting set back. People on my DS act like its my fault :/ ugh

3. ziant Trainee Engineer

i've been getting randow CTD after the latest stable update. mostly when having contact with asteroids though.

4. quarior14 Trainee Engineer

Beautiful the new skybox but can you fix the problem for modding the sun (and maybe multiple sun), custom clouds for planets and custom models in the Steam's workshop ?
    Thanks.

5. Balmung Senior Engineer

SE have much more important problems right now than something like this.

Instead they add new things they should fix first all the Bugs. It didn't help anyone when they work with a buggy base, that adds only more bugs and with more bugs it is more difficult to find and fix them all.

Beta is the phase in development where the software should be near feature complete and where Bugfixing stands on top of the list (together with optimization) with a big gap between the rest. Or SE will end on Release as a finished game with too much bugs that never get fixed.

As a Player i want also other things more, but I know how software development work and that's why for me first comes the game, than my own wishes.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. I23I7 ME Tester

Hey thanks for all that information. I have taken a look into the deformation and got the issue you are pointing at.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bad Humour Apprentice Engineer

guys why do we have the welder nerf in the stable branch... also howcome I can switch between my dev and stable worlds without an issue since this update. It seems like the dev and stable updates have now made the 2 branches the same branch although there is something I don't get. Howcome I have to download something between stable and dev? when they are currently 1.173 apparently even tho the game doesn't say so.

This explains why the hotfix for dev and stable are the same hotfixes and we get the same bugs. Was this according to plan???Anyways if it was it wasn't a very good idea to do so. Isnt the point of the dev branch to take all the hits which is fine as they get weekly updates whilst stable remains hopefully more stable?

Anyways I hope this gets resolved soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thrak Junior Engineer

I can confirm this is happening in space, as well. Turrets kept shooting at a destroyed drone, largely ignoring the second one coming in from the other direction.

edit: spelling

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  9. Lord_Anubis 2 Trainee Engineer

10. Roxette Senior Engineer

That's just what they wanted you to think. Wake up sheeple!

I always thought the idea was that people on the 'stable' branch only had to deal with the pain of new bugs once a month rather than every week, or maybe it was just an exercise for the team in learning how to use revision control. ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Altair Trainee Engineer

It would not be a big problem if we had access to the previous stable version.

12. Soup Toaster Apprentice Engineer

Thanks for the speedy hotfix to repair 3rd person view! I can get back to wiping out pirates and looking for derelicts while I try to think up a suitably awesome pirate name for myself. Dread Pirate Soupy? No-Beard the Merciless? Cuddles the Despotic Space Ravager? Hmmmm. I'll keep on it.

13. ILL-UMINATI Trainee Engineer

Thanks for addressing it, I'm happy to know its getting read :)

14. gchristopher Apprentice Engineer

After the hotfix, things seem to be going pretty well, actually!

The only bug I seem to be encountering on a frequent basis is that grids might not load when connecting to a server. If you have several separate grids, you can expect to have to disconnect/reconnect at least once to see them all load. I haven't noticed any pattern to it; it just seems to be a roll of the dice. (This was present in 1.168 as well.)

The weirdest one is when the grid containing your cryo pod doesn't load. You join the game as a ghost, maybe something like spectator mode, but with no toolbar or interface.

So far no grids have permanently vanished. You just have to keep reconnecting until everything you expect to be there is actually there.

15. DuckTapeAl Trainee Engineer

I posted this on the Steam forums as well, but the sound issue is happening for me.

STR:
    1. Create a new Easy Earth game.
    2. Get into either the miner or fighter.
    3. Leave the ship.
    4. Get back in the ship.

After doing this, my sound cuts out with a pop every time I enter a ship. The sound returns when I leave the ship.

16. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG] Smaller welder sphere is not a bug, but annoying just a little. broke lots of printers.
    Right now if you have a large welder facing a large block. it will weld 71/125 (small blocks) of that block.
    2 welders facing each other with a large block space in between will only weld 121/125 (small blocks) of that block.
    Looks like 1.5m from the weld tip which is in the center of that large block face.
    I think it is 1.5m on purpose to stop it from welding adjacent large blocks to the side of the welder.

Could it be enlarge just enough to capture the 4 small blocks that 2 welders facing each other miss?

17. Soup Toaster Apprentice Engineer

Just noticed while capturing a ship, turrets can still move with the power shut off. Seemed to only effect some turrets, not all. Reloading the world shut the turrets off, but it seemed like if I turned the power back on, then shut it off again, the turrets would indeed be stuck permanently on again. Not a big deal, but worth mentioning.

18. w0lf3y Apprentice Engineer

19. Cameron715 Trainee Engineer

Is there any plans on fixing the rotors and alot of other parts? you cannot place something on rotors at all, not rotate them or attach/detach a head. in Singleplayer it works fine. Unfortunately it does not in Multiplayer. Theres also a problem with the Thrusters going full turbo mode regardless the game mode even when the energy is completely cut off and you cant decellerate your ship which is really frustrating (Yes you can also remove the thrusters and the ship keeps accelerating). Also theres an issue with all Light sources not lighting up no matter what is set up. You cannot lock landing gears, Pistons spawn without a head, if the inverted corner heavy armor is selected you get a crash to desktop, if you use a welder on conveyors while standing on them you clip through, Mining Drills instantly disappear from your inventory when touching stone, Turrets firing even if they are set to off and when the next wave of meteorites appears they shoot again(even when shooting and the main power is off) and they never stop shooting until you destory them. They also dont care alot if youre friendly or not, run in to their sight and youre dead. Cryo chambers say "NO station fuel" every 20 seconds even when the counter says "Fuel time : 300 days", connector are not lockable, they get yellow but you cant lock them at all. If you touch the ground when jumping from a connector you die instantly and your body is not lootable, Remote controls have a delay of nearly 10-15 seconds, Catwalks cant be placed anywhere and you get the warning you dont have steelplates all the time even thoguh you have 10000 in your inventory. this is only a few things i discovered in the last few days while playing creative and survival both in single- and multiplayer, I dont know what went wrong with this Patch but Before the Patch everything was working fine, after the Patch 90% of my map got destroyed because of Parts like rotors, solar panels and reactors randomly exploding without reason.
    I would love to see a Patch for this, but right now i wont play this game since 90% of it is not in a working state. It would be really nice to get a hotfix for this issues. Its not that the game is not fun, its just unbearable at this point.
    I dont know how it is for you guys but for me it is not playable. Everytime you fly a ship you must fear the thrusters going full overdrive mode and you cannot do anything to prevent it.
    It would be nice to get a reply to this if anyone else also discovered this issues.

-Cam

20. Dr Cedric Trainee Engineer

So, I haven't tested it like 20 times, but so far, every time I try to view gravity field, the game crashes. It has happened from me adding an antenna after I had already told gravity gen to show on HUD and clicked checkbox in Info tab. Second time happened after i told grav gen to show on HUD after I had placed Antenna and clicked box on info tab. Hope it helps

21. Bad Humour Apprentice Engineer

I switch between both branches and ive had this game for almost 3 years. Yes i know this isnt true but in my game i can currently can access my worlds in both dev and stable and ive seen some changes that were in this dev update put into stable. This update was pretty much a unification patch even tho imo it shouldnt have been. Xocliw only said that the skybox will move to stable not the rest of the dev changes which is what is annoying me atm. Half the printers in the UESC contest of last month no longer work anymore and now its currently the judging phase it screwed up a whole bunch of things.

This also explains why dev and stable have the same hotfixes and the same bugs. Usually dev is more stable but if one of these wonky updates come along i could easily shift to stable. Now with this sneaky unification patch both versions are screwed.

22. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

I don't understand the purpose of "stable" branch if this is how things are going to happen.

23. Cameron715 Trainee Engineer

If you want to use Rotors you can use a Programmable Block. With a Script you can Attach/Detach a Rotor Head and do anything that does not work via GUI, so this is a Problem related to the buttons.
    You need a Rotor Name of your Choice in my case its "Rotor 1".

If i run:

void Main()
    {
    IMyTerminalBlock block = GridTerminalSystem.GetBlockWithName("Rotor 1");
    Echo("Current Status:");
    Echo(string.Format("{0} : attached = {1}", block.CustomName,((IMyMotorStator)block).IsAttached));
    block.ApplyAction("Detach");
    Echo("Head is detached");
    }

The Menu in the Rotor changes to "Attach" and the head falls out if built on the ceiling because nothing is Attached and when running:

void Main()
    {
    IMyTerminalBlock block = GridTerminalSystem.GetBlockWithName("Rotor 1");
    Echo("Current Status:");
    Echo(string.Format("{0} : attached = {1}", block.CustomName, ((IMyMotorStator)block).IsAttached));
    block.ApplyAction("Attach");
    Echo("Head is attached");
    }

The menu changes back to "Detach" if a Head is in Position to be attached , just like it should work. If you simply click the buttons nothing happens.
    Maybe someone finds this useful when using Rotors.

EDIT: I forgot 2 Brackets. The Script should compile now.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  24. CraegTheRed Trainee Engineer

I can confirm. When in creative i added a power block (small reactor) to a grid with turrets. They immediately started firing at neutrals. Setting it not to fire at neutrals (or anything/everything else) did not stop them. turning them off did not stop them. turning the reactor off did not stop them. Removing the reactor leaving the entire grid without power did not stop them. I had to cut and then paste the grid to stop the turrets.
    Just now i went into one of my ships, shut down all power and then took control of one of my turrets. it was able to move and fire just fine.

TL;DR: Turrets ignore the presence/absence of power completely.

25. Shatara422 Trainee Engineer

I thought it was suspicious that the turrets on my ex-carrier were still twitching around even when it looked like this...

(which, btw, was dropped from probably a little more than one ship-height...with the thursters kicking in halfway down...voxels still eat ships, it seems...)

26. gchristopher Apprentice Engineer

What should the large ship welder radius be? I just tested it and the horizontal cross-section of the area reached by a large welder appears to be 21 small cubes, so just less than one full large cube. That means that even a wall of large ship welders would leave a pattern of 2x2 gaps, right? I'm still trying to understand how welders should be working.

Edit: re-tried and the radius for a large ship welder appears to be about 1.5m, which just barely does a 5x5 square of small grid cubes for the two layers closest to the welder.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  27. Roxette Senior Engineer

So... another week with:

- planets randomly becoming invisible to clients on DS
    - antennae broadcast randomly becoming visible at infinite distance to clients on DS
    - player view switching to view of another player within render range on DS
    - batteries /battery settings broken, atmospheric lander unable to land before power fail

... but I guess multiplayer was just an afterthought to the game, so it doesn't matter how broken it remains for months at a time ? :/

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  28. Balmung Senior Engineer

Stable means only stable, not bug free.

29. ILL-UMINATI Trainee Engineer

The deformation issue is still happening.

30. eviltek2099 Apprentice Engineer

Half your playerbase is most likely taking a break until the items listed here are fixed. I know I haven't launched SE in weeks. It's unenjoyable in its current state.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.